Better slides from NYCC

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Optimus1138, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    News frontpage story including slides - click here

TFormers has posted the slides from Hasbro's toy presentation at NYCC (not pictures of them, but the actual slides). The quality is far better, and you can see things we couldn't see on the other pictures; for instance, the black Soundwave repaint seems to have a silver flame-like design on his hood, and a silver Decepticon symbol. Here's the link: NYCC 2011 Transformers Collectors Presentation Slides - DOTM, Prime, KREO, Rescue Bots Transformers

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2011
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I notice none of the figures with the "Movie Triology" subtitle on the slides have Mechtech weapons. I wonder if this is the lead up to the follow up line Shadow told us about.

3. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Shadow said that the follow up line will still have Mechtech. Perhaps the weapons aren't finished being painted or something

4. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

or maybe they're going to have different weapons, so they didn't had them yet :) 
    I just hope G1-ish wheeljack has different clip on weapons than movie-wheeljack/Q, that would be another reason to buy both of them :D 

5. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Perhaps. But still, they might not be finished

6. sideswipe88

sideswipe88 Stig's Asian Cousin

News Credits:
    The deluxe OP with trailer has all black tires compared to the original release :( 

7. Sumner Sturgeon

Sumner Sturgeon It's not easy being the best~

Now that I've gotten a better look at the 2012 Prime Bumblebee, it actually looks like it's almost totally retooled from the waist up; you can see some very noticeable differences around the shoulders, chest, and forearms.

8. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I don't understand what they were going for with G1 DOTM Wheeljack's carmode paintjob. The white looks great, but they went with some silly design around a bot symbol.

Looks like they found a way to screw it up. It's not hard guys. Just give me green stripes and red stripes and I'll be happy.

9. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Well, I was pointing out more that they aren't calling the line itself "MechTech". I mean, notice that the Prime toys have the subtitle "Robots in Disguise". The lack of weapons might mean that they are putting less emphasis on them.

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The Star Hammer and Legion Wheeljack look great. I can't wait to see what it looks like in-person. Wheeljack's swords look good. I wonder if they can be stored in the ship somewhere.

I like TFP Bumblebee v2's weapons, but I'm not sure I like some of the changes made to his torso. I'll definitely be getting the First Edition figure, but won't judge this one till we get some in-depth pictures and a review.

Legion Ratchet looks good, but is an easy pass for me (much like the majority of the Cyberverse stuff). Though this bodes well for the Deluxe that's on the way.

The G1 repaint of Deluxe Ratchet looks really nice. Should be interesting to see what Mechtech weapon they pair with him.

The Soundblaster-themed Soundwave repaint continues to look great. I'm not entirely sure what's going on with his hood, but I definitely like the con-logo worked into it. Like Ratchet, it should be interesting to see what weapon they give him. In this case I'm hoping he has the same one the original use of this mold has. It's a bit big, but I like it.

The G1 repaint/retool of Deluxe Wheeljack looks better than I thought it would. The head still looks like it's got the G1 Matrix of Leadership built into it, but it's definitely better than the movie head. Not sure if I'll get him or not. I like the coloration. Most especially what they did with his alt-mode. Unlike Soundwave, I'm hoping this guy has a different weapon with him.

11. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Nice! I was wondering when Hasbro would start sending out good quality pics of TF slideshows, they've done the same for Star Wars for a while now. That new Bumblebee still has me curious. I kind of wish they put him on display instead of Cliff so I could see whether or not I wanted to buy the first or second mold (Since the differences are less subtle than between the Cliff molds), but you can't win 'em all.

12. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I like how they're releasing the DOTM deluxe Optimus Prime with the trailer that came with the Japanese version of the DOTM voyager version.I might actually get that.The repaint on Soundwave looks better than the original so far but I'm still iffy on the back kibble.The remold of Que/Wheeljack looks great but I'm probably might get the original since it's more movie accurate.Besides I'm totally getting the TFP deluxe Wheeljack as well as leigion Arcee,Commander class Megatron and the other TFP toys.I hope once the New York Toy Fair comes next year we might see more upcoming figures from both the Movie trilogy FOC if possible and the Transformers Prime toyline!Here's hoping for either a scout class,commander class or even human allience TFP Arcee!

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    This is the trailer that Takara released in their Chronicles set that had their repaint of the Deluxe Optimus mold and a G1 Optimus figure. The one that came with their Voyager Optimus was bigger and opened-up in a different way.

14. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Really? I didn't know that.I guess they look similer now that I see it.

15. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm probably going to go for the first Bumblebee and call it a day, unless something sways me before I buy it. I know for sure I'm going with the first Cliffjumper. I'd rather have slightly less accurate, but in exchange, less cheating toy.

Wouldn't be surprised if there ends up being a second Bulkhead and Arcee mold later down the road.

16. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    Ratchet. What the actual fuck. What.

17. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    what's your point? It's just legion class.

18. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    Well.. :(  I was planning on getting him, but he just looks ugly. I've really been looking forward to that and now I've got to wait 'till they make one that at least has white goddamn thighs.

19. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    Okay, didn't notice that. Going by the standards of previous Legends/Legion Ratchet, it looked alright to me. It could probably be better. Some of the other ones are. Cliffjumper and Arcee look like fun.

20. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Ratchet looks ok for a Legends toy. If there's anything I'd bag on, it's probably Arcee. It almost looks like she has four arms.