better shockwave

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by tfomegaprime, Aug 20, 2012.

1. tfomegaprime

tfomegaprime tail pipe

which shockwave is better movie videogame shockwave,dotm shockwave,g1 shockwave,or FOC shockwave

2. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    G1 Shockwave. Movie Shockwave was underused and I don't play video games. You also forgot TF Animated Shockwave who was a good representation of him.

3. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not going to bother talking about DOTM not using shockwave- but from a design standpoint, DOTM shockwave was pretty spectacular (at least for a non transforming transformer).

4. tfomegaprime

tfomegaprime tail pipe

why not theyre awesome they make such good thing to you like lower yourgrades ,distract you from doing homework and turn your smartness into stupidness ,nah im just kidding but that happened to me they used to be so addictive but now theyre not much to i only play them when im bored

5. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    I agree with this. That was the only thing I loved about Bay's Shockwave, the design was practically perfect.

6. decepticreep312

decepticreep312 Well-Known Member

You always seem to add some back story in a run on sentence to everything you post reminds me of the days before the war when there was peace but now i can only sit here longing for it

7. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    marvel G1 shockwave. this is a shockwave, ladies and gentlemen.

8. tfomegaprime

tfomegaprime tail pipe

i was addictive to them

9. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

Marvel G1 Shockwave. He took over command of the Decepticons in issue 5 and held it for... a long time. Like issue 18 or something. Design wise, WFC/FOC Shockwave is a close second followed by DOTM and Animated.

10. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    GEE WON Shockwave in terms of character. For as mishandled as movie shockwave was, I thought he had a really badass design

11. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    Yes, this. Bay's design was, in my opinion, the definition of Shockwave. He was super awesome. None of the others have his warrior build.

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Lot of good that warrior build did since the unstoppable team of humans and Autobots could kill him at only a slightly slower pace than everything else they were slaughtering.

I'll go with Marvel G1 since that was a robot to be feared and respected.

13. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

Easily G1. The Marvel comics Shockwave ruled and I hear the IDW Shockwave is pretty good too.

14. TNG Prime

TNG Prime TNG Prime IS a title!

Movie Shockwave. He really took the "silent, emotionless killer psychopath with one eye and a gigantic cannon" character description to heart. I mean, really silent. He had only one line. (Though his voice was awesome, thank you Frank Welker.)

Add that to the fact that he was strongest and coolest out of all Shockwaves (It took like 30 guys to kill him, including the Wreckers.), and he wins.

15. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    I'm going to move away from the options you've given and say Animated Shockwave. He had a neat design, character background and development, and had his own little story arc and even became a major player throughout season three of the show.

Movie Game Shockwave was only there for the sake of another homage; DOTM Shockwave, while he was cool in design and ability, we should have seen more of him and it would've been nice if he'd talked; G1 cartoon Shockwave didn't do anything, really, but I hear Marvel Shockwave is cool; And we really haven't seen any of FOC Shockwave in terms of character. But he does a have a cool design.

16. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    G1 comics Shockwave, because he actually had a characterization.

17. roccondil5

roccondil5 sculptor

And the lack of ponctuation in this phrase, or sense, for that matter, is total proof of that...

Also, G1 comics shocky ^^I read them when I was just a kid, and don't remember that much, but I remember him as being a very dark and scary character

18. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Mother fucking this!

He had the best Shockwave design up to date, ruined Wasp's life, infiltrated the Autobot High Command and became the the head of Cybertron Intelligence by killing the previous title owner Highbrow, killed Blurr, killed Ultra Magnus and took his hammer, brough down Cybertron's entire interplanetary transport and communications system and to top it all of gave Megatron full control over the Autobots' most powerful weapon.

Animated Shockwave was a BADASS!

19. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    It was never said he killed Ultra Magnus. He heavily incapacitated Magnus probably with the help of Decepticon reinforcements, then took Magnus's hammer as a trophy.

20. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    If season 4 was made they said that Ultra Magnus would die at life support which means the damage inflicted was too massive for him to recover.

It's all in the Allspark Almanac.

And honesly I don't think he had or even needed reinforcements. It was an unexpected back stab like what Megatron did to Sentinel in DOTM. It doesn't matter how tuff you are if someone hits you hard when you're unprepared you're going down.