Better MP Thundercracker, Encore Metroplex Photos

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Foster, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Lasbrook

Lasbrook Well-Known Member

2. Somebody

Somebody ReBoot

News Credits:
    "I look like a dog with a caramel toffee"

3. Kranix

Kranix Banned

why oh why are you people wasting so much time, web space and text on a figure that really is nothing new at all? this is the 4th time the mold is being used, with a different paintjob, and maybe a slightly remolded face.... it doesnt come with anything different, it doesnt transform any different, and frankly im tired of seeing the same old crappy dr. arkeville...i mean cmon, id get all excited if something was different, but at this pricepoint we should be getting an all new mold, and an all new figure....and in all honesty, i have anime strscream and skywarp, and the original issue masterpeice starscream ( who happens to look more like thundercracker anyways)...so i ask you all, and i can understand a post or two and some pics here and there...but why all the hub bub over this mastercrap figure, when you all complain so whole heartedly about the same old molds being used over and over.

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Actually, this is one of the reasons I like the MP-7. Not every TF has to be from the bright rainbow of candy colors. :wink:  I think MP-7 is going to be great and will fit in nicely with the others :) 

Word.

However, I think a lot can be said for us to . . .

That's well-said, buddy. It just makes sense that TakaraTomy/Hasbro would create molds that they can milk a bit for the above reasons. This also helps for the development of new molds. :) 

5. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Either that, or Mr. Lister when he's forced to eat fruit :D 

Anyways, I couldn't give the slightest crap about Encore Metroplex. And as for MP 'Cracker - if he gets new faces, then I might get him. But then I've yet to own this mold, so they better be good faces, and not Skywarp's constipated face.

6. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Leader Blackout LIVES!!!

News Credits:
    Thanks! At the end of the day, it's a business and they have to be profitable to survive. Making every transformer unique and different molds would be inefficient and too costly. And frankly, I think a lot of people do not realize what it takes to produce these toys as well as run a profitable business. I would love to have an MP in a different mold of every character, but it is not economicly feasible.

Add into this the fact that TakaraTomy/Hasbro has been really good to the fan base lately and I think we get more than they have to. Encore, classics, MP, etc. all made more or less for the adult collector :D 

7. TazDC

TazDC Member

So does anyone know if Hasbro will be releasing MP Skywarp or Thundercracker? I think these would be better versions of the characters rather than Takara's.