Better Identity for the Twins?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Autobot_Wall-E, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

I thought of this a lot and thought that the Twins could not be Skids and Mudflap, but instead Gears and Huffer and add in Brawn as the Chevy Groove. The three cars are from the same car family and they are all relatively the same size. Gears could be the Trax, Huffer could be the Beat (Chevy Spark), and Brawn could be the groove. I guess you could switch Gears and Huffer if you wanted as the cars, but I think they would work ... just as long as they weren't dumb kid bots and they weren't related.

By the way, if they wanted a kid-like Autobot, they should introduce Blurr. He would want to babble on about everything and not shut up (like Skids probably will). He shouldn't be made a dumb character, just naive and sounding like a fast talking kid.

2. AutobotIgnition

AutobotIgnition Autobot

I've always thought if they wanted to put twin autobots in the film, it should have been Sideswipe and Sunstreaker, especially as Sideswipe is already in the film. But I've got to admit that Gears, if he had the same personality as G1 Gears, would have been very amusing.

3. star11scream

star11scream Spoon + Star11scream

I WISH the twins were Sunstraker and Sideswipe

4. krade

krade Well-Known Member

the twins are pretenders,they will revealed to be swedish blonde twins girls!

5. chaddi_90

chaddi_90 Prime

News Credits:
    haha

6. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why should they be any G1 characters? They're original ones formed in Michael Bay's head when he first saw the Trax and Beat together.

7. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Hahahah.... why am I laughing?

8. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Exactly, ROTF is almost a world of itself (with some reinvented G1 characters).... but continued from TF1 which was bassed on G1.

9. One

One Well-Known Member

Better Identity?

Dumb & Dumber

10. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Zan and Jayna

wondertransformer twins powers activate!

form of an energon cube! shape of Beastwars Cheetor!

11. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Um Skids was from G1 and Mudflap was in Cybertron series... they are not original to ROTF.

I just thought that the personalities of Gears, Huffer, and Brawn could end up matching what the cars are like (not Bay's idea of what the cars were like)

And yes, I wish they had included Sideswipe as at least a red car and Sunstreaker in it too. I wanted Laserbeak too, but that might still happen.

12. PredaconX

PredaconX Decepticon Combiner

I would def like to see "Sideswipe" and "Sunstreaker" as the lambo twins like they should be. I think they def could of done it and it would have looked AMAZING!!

13. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The names can be old, but the characters are new, no need to shoehorn G1 shit in just for the sake of sticking g1 stuff in there.

14. PyroniusRex

PyroniusRex Banned

News Credits:
    What if they were the Veggie Tales guys instead? They already got the color scheme down.

15. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    okay, all joking aside i like the idea of sideswipe and sunstreaker for the twins but id think sunstreaker would have a spark attack as soon as he realized what his alt form was

16. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout TF Fan Artist

News Credits:
    You know, I really don't think the lambo twins would work in the movie universe. Not their personalities, I mean, but their alt mode choices. Bumblebee's already a yellow car and as one of the main robot stars of the movies takes precedence over secondary characters like Sunstreaker (who would only work if you changed his color scheme and that would make about as much sense as changing Bumblebee's). Sideswipe, on the other hand, could be red but we all know sooner or later Hot Rod (love him or loathe him) is going to be making an appearance in the movies since he's always been such a central G1 character/character archetype. Like BB and Sunstreaker, Hot Rod takes precedence over a secondary character like Sideswipe.

That being said, I won't say anything is a better or worse identity for the twins until I actually get to see them in action. I have nothing against new characters filling old roles if those characters work and I'll only know if the twins work once I've seen them in the movie.