better huffer?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by grunge, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

agreed the botcon one is the best, and the cybertron version makes a great pipes!

2. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

pre-ordered the igear huffer from their site for $15 shipped. ill never need another. :)  he looks awesomely accurate.

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There are two problems I have with the iGear one: It's too small, and the design isn't different. I prefer most of my Classics having updated designs from their G1 versions, but still recognizable as the character. Only ones I have in my collection that are an exception to this are the season 1 seekers and Cyclonus, IIRC.

And damn, after seeing Cybertron Armorhide, it really makes me want to get both him and that Botcon Huffer to make as my Classics versions of Pipes and Huffer. But it would probably be hard to find someone selling Huffer alone, and if I do it'll probably be expensive.

4. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    this!

5. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, different people have different standards ofcourse, I've heard that there are even some people who think movieverse Megatron can pass for a G1 megatron, so yeah it's up to you.

My personal view is that we don't have anything that even comes close to a huffer yet. I tracked down some pics so you can see a comparison

[​IMG]

Looking at that pic I for one can't help but think that the PCC version is actually better than the botcon version.

It has a blueish chest, silverish lower arms, etc, so it's closer in my opinion - It's still not huffer, don't get me wrong on that point though, but it's closer than the Botcon version.

There were some comments about the head being more accurate on the Botcon version, and yeah I guess I can see it - if I squint with my eyes and think of a scenario where Huffer has become an evil hindu (red eyes + huge friggin dot on the forehead)

None of them are close to being right though, just wait it out, man - a proper one is bound to turn up.

6. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Either one is acceptable as a new body for the original Huffer. PCC Huffer has as many 'inaccuracies' as the Botcon Huffer.

Also, I wouldn't mind a Legends Huffer. I'd buy him for sure.

7. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

I used energon prime as my custom huffer. The Fatimus prime, look, works well for huffer (or at least what the name sounds like).

8. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    right now im using pcc, i kinda like it as huffer becuase of it bio and the back story to the PCCers, kinda explains why he is so miserable.

9. clankizle

clankizle Well-Known Member

I have the 2007 Botcon Huffer and I love him. Even though his weapon was chewed up by a now abandoned dog.

10. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

I am waiting on a better Huffer as well.

I was very close to going with the botcon version (looks great even though strictly speaking not very Huffer looking beyond the color scheme and blocky body) but I am still holding out.

The Takara MP teaser looked fantastic, but it sounds like it is far from a go.

I may go with the Igear one because it is cheaper than what I was going to pay for the botcon version.

But I am still waiting for an updated version and hoping for the best.

11. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    worst. post. ever. :( 

12. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I use the Botcon one for right now, but I really hope one comes out at some point that more closesly resembles the G1 design. The Cyb. Armorhide mold is awesome but it's just not a perfect Huffer update IMO...though it's better than the PCC version which doesn't even remotely pass for G1 Huffer other than being Blue and Orange.