Better fusion cannon for DotM Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cyberwolf1980, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Cyberwolf1980

Cyberwolf1980 Deceptus Templar C-Dub TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I really love voyager Megs for DotM but that stubby fusion cannon of his just doesn't do it for me. Lack of shotgun is one thing but I feel that he needed a better cannon. If his mechtech gun would stay extended, wouldn't bother me so much but it won't so I was playing around with my Backfire figure and put him in his weapon mode and noticed, it would make an awesome fusion cannon that fits in with the movieverse asthetic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The last picture he's positioned a bit awkward because his right shoulder feels a little loose, but I think if hasbro were to repaint backfire with Igor's head or even a Leader-1 repaint to reference Armada and release it as a two pack with Voyeger Megatron would be damn good idea.

2. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    You can jam the cannon open with something, or put one of those clear elastic bands around it.

3. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

Actually, the clockwise twist method works for me. Just push in the ladder to extend the MechTech fully, then twist it clockwise and it should remain that way. You only have to twist it a little, no need to go all the way around.

4. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    Here's something I got creative with, sucks the twisty tie is an eye sore but looks good IMO. Just a little paint on this cannon to match this Megs and looks great...

[​IMG]

5. Cyberwolf1980

Cyberwolf1980 Deceptus Templar C-Dub TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Couldn't twist the ladder but the little clear plastic bands that are wrapped on some figures seems to do the trick without looking obvious, but I've grown to like the look of Backfire as the cannon. Kinda suits him to me

6. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    my biggest problem with meg's cannon is that its required for vehicle mode. If the whole tank became the cannon it would be fine, but without the cannon the vehicle mode has half a tank on it, which looks ridiculous.