Bets on a FoC Bruticus upgrade?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Compewtrawn, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Compewtrawn

Compewtrawn Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So I've got my SDCC on display, G2 on order and Retailicus in the mail...

Who do you think will release the first upgrades? CrazyDevy or Fansproject?

I think if Fansproject did it, you would see a new Blast Off and Onslaught. Brawl and Swindle work as good legs IMO, Vortex isn't a bad arm but could use a slip-on articulated hand, but Blast Off and Onslaught would need a similar-yet-different mold with bigger legs, an Onslaught that in beefier and hides this hideous PCC ports and a Blast Off that doesn't look like crap in arm mode.

If CrazyDevy does it, I could see articulated hands and a new head on a ball joint...and don't forget the LED eyes like every other CD head...

A CD chest shield would also be welcome.

2. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    it's kind of a toss up. i can easily see FP doing one but then again, they already made colossus

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

Probably Crazy Devy, if they're going to try branching out from the G1 stuff again. Fansproject takes time to develop their upgrades, but they're naturally both superior and much better value for the money paid in my opinion, but that's assuming they'll even try doing an upgrade for him since they're both doing their own stuff now and also should probably complete the Energon trio by developing an upgrade for Energon Devestator (even with Hercules and Green Giant having been released in full, those things are EXTREMELY expensive and I'm sure there's a small niche market for those interested in getting that old Classics Devestator if FP develops a much more cost-effective upgrade for him)

Also, I think the term "Retailicus" is AWESOME:bay 

4. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I hope Fans Project does it. Better quality and their prices aren't as ridiculously insane.

I don't think entirely new figures are needed though. Blast Off just needs replacement legs for a better lower arm (the upper arm is fine), and Onslaught just needs some armor to bulk him up a little and improve his looks. Maybe have an entire new set of kibble so that Onslaught is just the chest and back, with the rest wrapping around him and giving him a proper chest shield and upper legs. Oh, and a wider chest, maybe even enough to cover up the combiner ports while still leaving room for it to move.

5. Compewtrawn

Ebay:

6. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I don't see FP doing anything with this. I don't really know why anyone would do anything substantial with it. There's just not a very good base to work with. None of them make for very good limbs and the torso sucks to boot. If you were going to put THAT much effort into making this thing awesome, you may as well just start from scratch...you'd be better off and end up with a better product in the end.

7. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    FP has a lot on their plate right now so unless they are planning to grow yet again, as they did after their year of silence, I think they are off the table.

Crazy Devi - I don't care what they do, I am not paying $30+ for a back cannon, $30+ for a new head with LED light and $30+ for any other individual piece of molded platic that does nothing in terms of transforming.

There is that new group who just put out the WfC Prime and Megatron upgrade, maybe they can continue with the WfC/FoC theme.

I do think Bruticus will sell enough pieces to warrant a 3P groups attention but seeing as the earliest anyone could have gotten one in hand was at SDCC, this upgrade is at least a year away, I wouldn't be surprised if it happens in 2014. But then again the longer the wait the more majestic and magical the upgrade must be to bring back attention to the mould.

As for upgrades. I think Vortex is fine as an arm and Blastoff can be made fine by a transformation mode which shortens his forearm to a perfect length. These two figures would require new hands though.

Swindle and Brawl are OK as is and not seeing anything done to them would not dissapoint me at all. If they did do anything it would be nice to have feet "caps" to ad bulkier feet to the mould.

Onslaught needs the most help. His body needs to be beefed up. Nothing some chest plate that hides the shoulder gap and makes the upper legs appear thicker wouldn't fix. I also think a new head would have to come out of this because the one he has now will look to small on a beefier version.

All this can also be packaged as a break apart box thing-y that can attach to Onslaughts vehicle mode to make him look more game accurate.

Guns and other weapons are always welcomed.

I don't know how well you can make it uot in this picture but you can see that Blastoff's arm mode is the same length as Vortex's when you do the transformation mode.

[​IMG]

8. philipjreed

philipjreed Well-Known Member

I haven't even held the toys yet so it's hard for me to say what a good upgrade would need. But with four different versions already announced/released this is a good mold for an upgrade. Lots of recolor/re-release potential.

9. bacon4e

bacon4e Resident Cheesehead

I do agree that Blast Off needs to be replaced, but not totallly redisigned. On the other hand, onslaught just needs an upgrade to fill in the back of his vehicle mode to make it more accurate, and also to hide the kibble. With more mass, you could then bulk up Brute's legs. As for vortex, I just switch the karate hand in and fold out the vehicle mode gun, so it looks like his hand is transformed.

10. Hellbot

Hellbot Jaeger

The only two I feel should be considered for modification or replacement are Blast-Off and/or Onslaught.

11. Compewtrawn

Ebay:
    I agree with you both, Blastoff and Onslaught need to be replaced for combined mode. Blass Off is cool by himself, but looks like garbage as an arm...which is what i want him to be, I don't like scrambling them to look better

12. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    I agree. This can't be, nor should be saved.

13. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm on this boat.

14. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    The same was believed about Bruticus Maximus.

15. X Nightmare

X Nightmare Your Worst Nightmare

News Credits:
    I have faith in Igear to take care of this giant problem. :D 

16. Kilowog

Kilowog ORA ORA ORA

Ebay:
    Why shouldn't people who like the High Moon games and buy the toys from those games want an upgrade kit?

17. Gundamben831

Gundamben831 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I would have to agree with you all, I really don't know why people are even trying to save this figure. The ROF Bruticus wasn't completely bad to start off with but wasn't the greatest toy in the line either so with the help from FP they made it actually something worth collecting but with the FOC Brut I really see no where that it can be improved, Hasbro seems to always go down this route of "oh if we have to spend more making the toys better not as many people will buy them" which is totally bullshit. I would almost safely say that more than have of the consumers for toys are adult collectors, there is a huge difference from the last minuet christmas/birthday shoppers that is literally only maybe 10% if that of the actual community who purchase toys and yet the people who do occupy that other 90% show up to conventions and give their insight on what they feel would improve their toyline but they seem to shrug it off and go with what they feel is best. All in all its become more about the dollar and less about what people actually want to see from a company.

18. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I think it's possible. Also, I think people that are unhappy with their FOC Bruticus as it's presently constituted will be willing to shell out money for an upgrade kit. And I think Transbot90210 is right: before the upgrade kit craze started 4 years, people thought 2/3 of the Energon combiners were terrible and beyond saving. The sentiments aren't all that far removed from what people are feeling toward FOC Bruticus. The big obstacle is how to go about engineering the kit. Are we talking about replacement figures, parts, or both?

19. Avengers

Avengers Banned

It's bound to happen. I don't want TFC or crazy devy to do it because it would be way too exspensive. I prefer Fanprojects or Maketoys do it because it would be much cheaper priced.

What I'm looking for in 3rd party items for FOC Bruticus. Is a Voyager sized onslaught. A G-1 Styled Bruticus riffle gun.

20. blueben

blueben Holocaust

News Credits:
    Maybe instead of building one toy to save the group, 3rd party might be thinking why not a complete new foc bruticus.