Bestbuy Sale 4/2

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Cracka J, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Picked up Batman. Thanks for the tip, buddy. Finally get to play this game.

2. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    no problem man. just thought people would be enjoy some half off or more sales.

picked up nfs: the run today for $10. it's probably not the greatest but I've enjoyed the games in the series and had 2 $5 rewards cards to kill.

3. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    whenever i buy things at best buy they always offer me the best buy zone thing? wht is it exactly!

4. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

It's their customer loyalty/marketing program similar to the ones you see in some grocery stores/CVS/etc. If you spend $x you get a $y bonus. In exchange, they get to track all your purchases (which the do if you pay by credit/debit card anyway) to market to you or your area better.

Some people don't like the "big brother" feeling of having marketing analysts treating them as a data set. Some people mind but would rather have the savings and loyalty bonuses of shopping at a place they were going to spend money at anyway. Some people (like myself) have no problem with marketing analysis but really wish they were getting better results. (I'm pretty sure Yahoo Mail thinks I'm gay. Not that it really bothers me more than having my co-workers walk up to my desk and seeing "Meet hot guys tonight!" across my screen. On the bright side when my female coworkers catch me looking they assume I'm checking out their accessories rather than their *ahem* "accessories.")