Best XBox360 TF game for one player

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Blot, Jul 19, 2011.

?

which is best for 1P?

1. RotF

6 vote(s)
    19.4%
  2. WfC

25 vote(s)
    80.6%
  3. DotM

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Blot

Blot Terrorcon

I'm not interested in getting a subscription/online play and sadly I know splitscreen is not available, so which recent TF game has the best one player mode?

If you vote for WfC, please also vote or say which movie game is best too, thanks!

2. RipCurl

RipCurl I just can't get enough!

News Credits:
    War for Cybertron since I haven't played DOTM

3. Cheez Doodle23

Cheez Doodle23 Plastic Crack Club Member

News Credits:
    I would definitely have to agree and say WFC. I haven't really played any other TF game except for the demo for the Beast Wars PC game, don't get me started on that one lol. Haven't played any of the movie games but have seen enough gameplay footage and reviews to know they mostly suck. Except for DOTM which seems to be WFC style gameplay just on Earth and not Cybertron. I've been playing the WFC campaign and really like it, you can transform at will and stay that way as long as you want which is nice.

4. Blot

Blot Terrorcon

I like that. I rented the first movie game back in 2007 and liked it (as a rental) and transformation at will does seem better than having to hold a button down.

5. KNOOM842

KNOOM842 Ultra Con

I havent played the first TFmovie game ,but ROTFwas good with WFC being better than that. DOTM havent played it i should have it by the weekend and then ill let you know what think if its not to late

6. Blot

Blot Terrorcon

Nah, it won't be too late. I'll probably wait until I can get one inexpensive or used since I won't be using the multiplayer.

I'd like to have a TF game and I like the earth/bayverse style better than the Cybertronian/WfC style (I do think it's cool too), but if the game is that much better I think I'll go WfC.

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    War For Cybertron. No question. I mean really, no question. I still play it. Also since your getting it on 360 feel free to put your '86 movie music in the background during campaign.

8. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

I'm not overly fond of WfC because I get bored real quick when it's 100% Cybertron. I want some human interaction and earth inspired transformations, not just space-trucks.

I would favor RoTF over DOTM, selectable characters, seperate campaigns and leveling up the characters as well. In addition, unlocking bonus art and old G1 episodes though I'm sure you own the box set anyways.

9. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    War for Cybertron is the far superior game. It has a solid singleplayer mode. You can play horde mode alone (though that will be difficult).

The Revenge of the Fallen game was decent at best but there is a very vocal group of supporters for the game. As I used to say when I sold video games, RotF had a mediocre story mode but it's biggest draw is the multiplayer. Since that isn't an option you'd be loosing the best part of the game. Take that as you will.

Dark of the Moon is a better game than Revenge of the Fallen because it is Diet War for Cybertron. They literally took the engine of WFC and removed stuff, then slapped a new coat of paint on it. I enjoyed DotM but when I finished, and I finished in less than 12 hours including leveling multiplayer characters, I wanted to play the real thing. I've since gone back to War for Cybertron and haven't really looked back. I guess that means I shouldn't have paid $60 for DotM...

10. Barricade24

Barricade24 Decepticop Artist

News Credits:
    For single player I would recommend Revenge of the Fallen of coruse that depends on what your gaming styles are. WFC Is fun but kind of short compared to ROTF.

11. sideswipe88

sideswipe88 Stig's Asian Cousin

News Credits:
    Sorry for bothering you but do you know where to find the episodes? Because I can't find it...

12. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It is?

Opinions matter and all that junk, but wow.

13. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

WFC or DoTM if you want a movie game.

14. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    id have to agree, but my vote would lean much more in favor of WFC

they're both the best single player campaign experience. WFC is AWESOME and DOTM isnt too bad. its made better if you're a fan of the movie-verse but its REALLY short compared to WFC

i'd say WFC all the way. its got two epic campaigns. the story's pretty bare bones but there's lots of action to fill a good 8-12 hours of play. DOTM only lasted me about 5

ROTF is....meh.. i like the ideas behind it but its a pretty bare bones adaptation of the movie's storyline [which isnt much to begin with!]. you get lots of little levels but they all feel like JUST little missions here and there. WFC at least gives you some semblance of a story and a "why" for being there shootin up the place

that said, WFC is the best choice IMO

15. Blot

Blot Terrorcon

Thanks for the input everyone! The length of the campaigns is definitely an important factor. It looks like WfC is the general consensus with RotF taking a slight edge over DotM as far as movie games go--and I think I would favor RotF over DotM too given everything I've seen and read.

The one issue giving me pause with WfC is what Soundatron brought up--all Cybertron. Hmmm....decisions, decisions.

Anyway, thanks again all for the input!

16. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    i wish ps3 could do that with multiplayer.

17. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    i think thats one of the selling points of WFC to be honest

this is the first time we've ever seen cybertron as fleshed out as much it is here. its quite incredible to actually visit the Transformers homeworld

i love it

18. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Exactly. It's the story that almost everyone has been wanting to see and hear. Everyone's done Earth, even Debbie.

But when you see the highways of Cybertron unfolding under you with the buildings of Iacon crumbling in the background under the strain of Decepticon battleship fire, you will forget about the earth settings of the other games. When Omega Supreme is blasting you and you have to Transform into vehicle mode to outrun his cannon (which I did with two other friends).... Man, why are the other games even a consideration, lol.

Here, this should convince you, hahah

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  19. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    +1