Best/Worst Retail Experiences

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Sage o' G-fruit, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    For places like Target, TRU, Wal-Mart, not local stores. Stuff like annoying little kids, ripped open toys, bad employees, ect.

I can't think of a worst right now, but the best was when an employee opened a new case of HAs just to get me a Sideswipe. :) 

2. Alung

Alung Lazybot

News Credits:
    Customer service at my local Target is hit and miss at times. One day, if I'm lucky, I'll get a very nice response with details on when the item will be arriving and such. Other times would just be, "If you don't see it, we don't have it."

3. megatronski

megatronski PURGE THE HERETIC

News Credits:
    when a little kid opened a ejector and blew him up with a firecracker outside of walmart.

poor little toaster..............

4. Heat Blast

Heat Blast Laserbeak's Stunt Double

I can't think of one. My best, though, is one day (the day RotF figures came out) at Wal-Mart, they let open the boxes so I could spend my $100!

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    my local wal-mart is infamous for having at least TF with a beat up backage on the shelves at all times last onei saw was a ROTF Stratosphere and it wasn't even marked down for the damaged package

6. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think they usually give discounts for damaged packaging. I've seen severely damaged Titanium and ROTF boxes with no discounts whatsoever.

Not my best or worst, but certainly my strangest retail experience was when, upon visiting my local Wal-Mart (which opened around when the Energon toys hit stores), I discovered an unopened Beast Wars Injector sitting among the Cybertron figures. I bought it (and love Injector to death), but it always stands out as a strange event in my mind.

7. Seibermore

Seibermore Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My worst is when Walmart would'nt even let me buy Universe Cyclonus. But then my Best is when I asked some one go in the back for me and get Animated Shockwave! YAY!

8. DarthCrusher

News Credits:
    Ooh, was it before the technical release date? That's happened to me. However, once they let me buy something (I think it was a Star Wars figure) before the actual release date.

9. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

Wow, I knew Injector was a royal shelfwarmer but that's ridiculous!

I'd probably say one of my best experiences was finally finding the Target Power Coupons which allowed me to get alot more figures than I would've otherwise. My worst was probably....can't think of anything right now.

10. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Worse than ridiculous, it transcends time and space!

11. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I got my Uni. Treadbolt in a bashed box for $13.00 so they do mark them diown i think for this one it maybe that its ROTF product and they feel it will sell at full price in in a damaged box, best would also being at that wal-mart with an employee going out of his way to try to find me a fig but they did not have one

12. DarthCrusher

News Credits:
    I've had some surprisingly helpful people help me out at Wal-Mart before. Just goes to show you that stereotypes aren't always completely accurate. :) 

13. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Best: I was mall hopping in Panama City and waltzed into a K*B. This was back when Duke Nukem figs were out and had warmed the pegs for a while. The clerk in the store was beyond nice. Not only did i get a Duke figure and 2 of those pig cops, i got them at a huge discount.

I ran into that clerk a few more times and she helped me find some long lost stuff.
    all on discount.

Worst: about the time Rotf gigs had been out 2,3 weeks, saw a boy disrespect and even put a guilt trip on his grandmother. Even lied to her about the prices- 8 bucks for a deluxe, 5 for a Scout- got so mad at him. if that had been my grandmother and i had treated her like that, we woulda been in Lawn & Garden and she woulda been putting a peach tree switch across my legs.
    fucking brat.
    kept me angry for some time thinking about that kid...

14. flamingunicron

flamingunicron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ya. Once when i was looking for Masterpiece Starscream some old lady was all bitchy and like no we don't have any out, but this one younger guy came up and offered to help out. Brought out a box to show me that I got the last one in the box. He was really awesome.

15. foxfan352

foxfan352 Well-Known Member

i went buy energon wingsaber this kid tookmit out of my shopping basket I idn notice until I couldnt find the walking out of the store with it

samething with cybertron wingsaber

the best is when I was buying cybertron hot shot an eployee told me they had a special were you get a scout free

16. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    worst...called TRU...was looking for darkwind back in april...on the phone got a male employee...asked "do you have any TFs that look like a SR-71 plane in shape?"

his response..."what is an SR-71"?
    I hung up...took my sister out to lunch for her birthday...stopped by TRU on the way home and luckily they had 2 on the shelves...so i got my TF on my sister's birthday....

So that is rated as one of the most and priceless retail experiences all in one....

17. Mario

Mario Italian Plumber

Best: Day before the ROTF Toys. I got a Deluxe Skids and Voyager Starscream right when Wal-Mart was closing.

18. jerky123

jerky123 PSN=deadpoolistheman

News Credits:
    My best experiance is seeing and buying Voyagers Wrek-Gar and Shockwave on sight, cause I never saw them again.

My worst experiance is seeing one of each Legends HotRod, Warpath, Cosmos, and Wheelie, and not gettingg them. I never saw them again.

19. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Today. Found deluxe Arcee at Wal-Mart while sifting through the wall of Chromias and Wheelies. As soon as I saw her, some little kid grabbed her instead, saying "finders keepers, losers weepers" or some shit. So, I convinced that Wheelie was a MUCH better toy, and that Arcee was utter shit. Mind you, he was like 8, but he listened and thanked me. One less Wheelie on the peg. One Arcee on my shelf. :D 

20. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    Best: finding cybertron wingsaber ans skyshadow Like months before i saw them again... and worst im not sure.