Best ways to tighten G1 joints/limbs?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Paradigm-Shift Prime, May 28, 2007.

1. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

I'm in the process of touching up a few g1s right now, I'm trying to decide the best way to approach tightening things up for some of their parts.

I guess I'm talking mainly of sliding pieces that 'tighten' into place (by one small piece of plastic being wedged between two increasingly narrowing ones, etc.), such as for say Sandstorm and Astrotrain's legs, as well as pivoting hinges that get so loose they're floppy and lose the fight against gravity, such as say Astrotrain's wing tips.

Best methods?

I've heard of nail polish before on this site, would that leave a smell though?

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    The smell goes away after it dries. If you dont believe me, ask any girl...

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Nail polish works; doesn't leave a smell either, no. personally I often use clear tape, such as Sellotape; one/two layers of it is usually enough to tighten up most sliding pieces (I've done this on G1 Tracks, My own G1 Sandstorm, and a fair few others).

4. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Dental floss. Just wind it around the joint a couple of times. It's almost invisible, you don't have to take the joint apart to use it, and there's no smell unless you use flavoured floss.

Mmm, cinnamon.

5. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Ive used nail polish many, many times and as Draven said, tape is good for some sliding joints as well. good luck!