Minor/Repaint: Best way to tighten a floppy door on Classics Sunstreaker mold?

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by RavX, Sep 11, 2010.

1. RavX

RavX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hi all,

I had to swap my TFCC P/CP out for a new figure due to some major defects with the one I received and the figure I got back from FunPub is good except one of the doors is really really floppy. I can see the screw on the back side of the door that I think I need to tighten to rectify it but there does not seem to be a good angle to get a screwdriver in there to turn it.

Is there an easy way to either remove the door to tighten it or get to the screw on the backside of the door? Will tightening that screw even work? It is the upper left screw in the attached pict.

I do not really have experience with modifications to figures but have ventured into taking apart figures to fix backwards legs etc.

I did a search in both tutorials and the main forums so I apologize if this was covered somewhere I missed.

Any help is much appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    That door pops right out and in without damage. That screw's basically holding in an expanding head that holds in in place, but it'll compress under pressure enough to let the door off. Tighten the screw and place the door back in.

If tightening the screw doesn't fix your issue, then while the door's off, you'll be able to cover the peg with a thin coat of super glue or nail polish. Let it dry completely before reassembly. It'll thicken the peg up just enough to add some more friction to the joint.

3. mikeflosi

mikeflosi Well-Known Member

I had the same issue... very upsetting, but I don't want to do any major modifications to a limited figure.

4. SideZer0

SideZer0 Active Member

I also had the same problem and found an extremely easy way to fix it. Instead of using the screwdriver to fix it, you do the opposite. All you need to do is to angle the door so you can place the screwdriver to the screw. Then, you use the door itself to tighten it! The screwdriver is just to hold the screw in place and then you use the door to twist it back to place tightening the screw. I hope this helps!

5. RavX

RavX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thanks so much everyone!

6. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    I've had this door issue also, but also with the rounded swivel that wraps around the arm. Even with the door tightened (via the small peg), the doors still flop around a bit due to not sliding in flush against the sides of the arms. Not sure if you guys have run into that issue also or not. Haven't tried fixing it yet (too much going on and too many other projects on the table....and in the box and on the floor and....). lol