Best way to sell collection...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by trex5000, May 2, 2012.

1. trex5000

trex5000 Autobot

Ebay:
    I've been debating just collecting 3rd party and masterpiece figs, and selling my classics generations animated and movie toys...what is the best way, if anyone out there has experience.... i would like to get back my money for my classics and gens...although im not expecting too much for most of my movie figs...just wondering what the best method for getting the most money for my collection is? Ie...eBay lot? Individual sale? Would it be more worth it to try to trade my collection for MP or 3rd party figs?
    Should I just hang on to my toys for the next year, or try to sell before the '40' classics that are supposed to be released..

2. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    It depends. eBay will get the items sold, but between eBay fees, paypal, shipping, etc, you often lose a significant chunk.

To sell on the boards is slower, but you can avoid ebay and paypal fees. You likely won't get the rare high eBay price, but you cut out the low ones as well since you set your price.

I'l take ROTF Mindwipe, DOTM Skyhammer, and Classics BB if you've got them :D 

edit: oh, and selling in lots will certainly move them, but you won't get as much that way.

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If it's Classics, you're probably better off selling them separately than in a lot.

4. trex5000

trex5000 Autobot

Ebay:
    Haha I haven't decided yet.

5. trex5000

trex5000 Autobot

Ebay:
    Ok that's good to know...what about movie figs and HA figures...?

6. Negronicus

Negronicus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got an HA Barricade?

7. trex5000

trex5000 Autobot

Ebay:
    Yes... But would I get more if I sold ha barricade with bumblebee or mudflap...or more if they were separate or trade even...that's what I've trying tot figure out...

8. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

Separate. When people buy in lots they expect a deal. Plus, you alienate the people that are looking only for one of the items.

9. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Selling your Classics collection individually is the way to go to get the most money. As far as the Movie figures it's kind of hit or miss. Something like a Human Alliance Barricade will be a good sell, but other deluxes like Bumblebee, etc. will be harder to sell. I'd think about doing a lot for your Movie figures just to get em out of your hands, otherwise you'll sit on them for a long time.

10. Salty

Salty Fritobot

Ebay can be good to sell items one at a time, say HA Barricade. You'll get your money back several times over for that but do a little research on shipping cost. IF your item is with the box that really jacks up what otherwise could be inexpensive shipping. Also be aware that paypal fees plus ebay sold item fees are expensive so you have to factor that in as well. Also, assuming that you have some less than 'hot' items you want to sell you can also try this: List the dog (one of your bumblebees) along with something that's guaranteed to get bids (Barricade). That way the anchor goes out the door with the desirable item and your that much further ahead.

Also, if you go the ebay route, it's better to make it an actual auction. Starting the item at top dollar is a quick road to no sale. An auction gets a lot of people bidding and watching. Your item will sell for what it's really worth.

11. trex5000

trex5000 Autobot

Ebay:

That's good advice.