Best Way To Safely Remove Old Decals From G1 Figures?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TyrantGalvatron, Aug 24, 2016.

1. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I once read a tutorial a while back on how to safely remove the decals and/or the decal residue from old G1 Figures without damaging the figure itself.

I've recently gotten back into trying to re-acquire some of the old G1 figures I had as a kid. It figures that now that I need to reference the tutorial, I'm having trouble finding it.

So I ask TFW2005, how do you safely remove old decals from a G1 figure?

2. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Goo Gone. Works wonders, won't make your figures flammable in the short term.

Note: not "Goof off", that's a different product for a different problem. You want "Goo Gone"

3. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Thanks for the response. But I'd like to know if something a lot less harsh like vegetable oil or 91% Isopropyl Alcohol works instead.

4. jhs8swd

jhs8swd Well-Known Member

I wouldn't use oil - you're never going to really get that stuff off once it goes on!

I've used Goo Gone on quite a number of original G1 figures in order to replace stuff with reprolabels and it's caused me no problem at all - for some figures it must be about a decade since I did this and everything looks and feels absolutely fine!