best way to pack tfs

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by axl6533, Nov 2, 2010.

1. axl6533

axl6533 Anarchy Is Your Freedom

hey guys i was just wondering what is the best way to pack transformers for some time now ive been useing paper towels but so far thats messed up some paint on some of my tfs so in your opinion whats the best way to pack them in

2. Goshjosh95

Goshjosh95 Decepticon

News Credits:
    For moving or storage, I TF them into alt-mode (usually more compact, less kibble / potentially-breakable parts sticking out), bubble-wrap 'em, stick 'em in large rubbermaid / sterilite plastic bins... easy to stack, move, store. :thumbs2: 

3. axl6533

thanks

4. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Put them snuggly in a box marked with my address and drop them off at your local post office. :D 

5. axl6533

uhhh no

6. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I revert them all (or most of them at least) into the alt mode, put them in a Ziplok bag, blow a little air into it for cushion, place them in a cardboard box with some bubble wrap in between each layer of figures.

But I've only done that the couple of times I've moved since starting my collection. I wouldn't suggest that for long-term storage. My figures were packed like so for a week max.

7. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Old clothes are great for this, like jumpers, t-shirts, socks and even towels.

8. kajobaldisimo

kajobaldisimo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i use microwave safe plastic containers for small bots and use dollar store japanese plastic cases for bigger bots

Attached Files:

9. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Nice idea! I bet it displays well too.

10. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I packed a load of mine loose in large cardboard boxes with no extra packing between figures and moved house. About a decade later I opened the boxes after they'd been stored stacked in the cupboard under the stairs next to the hot water pipes which run through there and everything was fine and in the same condition it was when I first boxed them all away.
    I'm probably just the lucky exception though. :) 

11. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty much this. If I'm in a rush to get them packed away at the very least I put each figure in a ziploc bag so that they aren't directly rubbing against each other and carefully layer them with bubble wrap between each layer.

12. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I wrapped each one in paper towel and then a few layers of news paper, the paper towel was only to prevent any news print from staining the figure. Then pack them all into boxes with some extra bubble wrap between the heavier/more fragile figures. (this is of course after TF'ing them into alt mode (or whatever mode is most compact). I havent unpacked my G1s since but all the other figures I packed similarily were fine when I unpacked them after about a year and a half in storage.