Best way to move Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Blairimus2563, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Blairimus2563

Blairimus2563 Commander

News Credits:
    Hi guys,I'm moving houses soon and I need to move my TFs but I don't want them to get broken,so what's the best way to move Transformers?

2. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I took all my accessories of each transformer and put them in a tacklebox, now replaced with little compartment boxes from the same section of sporting goods, the fishing area.

I then bagged up all the transformers in zip locks and put them in a box and tried to get them in there nice and tight. Everything made it but a couple of them had their paint scratched due to having more than one in a bag at a time.

So I would recommend using bubble wrap if you don't want to get them scratched or at least bag each one separately. If you use bubble wrap then make sure you don't wrap them too tightly. It will build up heat and assist to bend the softer plastic.

3. Grimlock22

Grimlock22 Some sort of artist

put them in in a box if they'er some of the fragile ones but bubble rap under them then but a sheet of bubble rap over them like a bubble rap "blanket" if you will

4. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I just shoved all mine loose into several boxes and they were fine. No bubble wrap, no baggies, no packing chips. Hundreds of figures. Just transformed the figures into their most compact form and then slotted them neatly into the moving boxes.

Is that the 'best' way to do it? Probably not. But it worked fine for me.

5. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Invest in a couple of Rubbermaid plastic storage bins.

6. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Plastic storage containers and bubble wrap but a lower cost solution that works is use your clothing as padding . I only recommend this for the portion of your wardrobe that is not needed for the current season's weather.

7. Gir

Gir I want to be a mongoose

I change all mine into vehicle mode sine they seem to be more compact and handle being moved around a bit better. Then I just load them up in bins. I haven't had anyone break from G1 to current stuff and I've moved them quite a few times.

8. Deadsled

Deadsled Energon Recovery

News Credits:
    i've done this several times myself. works rather well.