Best Way to make friends on TFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheDemonDzko, Nov 14, 2008.

1. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

So as everybody noticed on TFW im one of the newbies around here posting random misspellings and occasionaly irrateing some people (I think). So I was wandering how do people wind up getting close on TFW'

(Btw Woot im getting Ani Grimlock soon :D )

2. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Post a good bit, get familiar with the other regular cats, maybe chat people up on their profile comments page now and then, etc. Nothing will be instant but just stick around and it'll happen! With so many people posting here I'm sure you're bound to find someone you can relate to!

One big thing is - don't be afraid to hang out in the General Discussion area a bit. You'll get to know people outside of all the TF stuff best that way.

3. TheDemonDzko

I see I see

4. Sideways

Sideways Banned

Ktulu's right.

Overall everyone's pretty cool in my book for the most part.
    I used to play Halo3 with a bunch of the posters here
    mainly Dirge121,DWN013 and Sky Shark.

* I got Anim.Grimlock too .great figure.*

5. TheDemonDzko

Im a little giddy about getting him the only worry I have is with his arms... there a lil deformed from the pictures ive seen.. but "He Grimlock He King" so its all good

6. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    I have been kicking around for ages and have no friends :cry  as being a Cybertron basic is hard lol.. Well a lot of people on forums make buds at things like Botcon and then it carries over to the board and others just hit it off online by things they have in common? I suggest posting in the sections were your most interested and it will just happen, remember to be nice as there is no place for a know it all newbie :) 

7. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Been a site member since November 2006 (OMG, I've been on this site for three years now!), and so far... only met one other member of TFW in real life, ONCE, and that's Maximus Prime (the avatar guy). For a while, I conversed with Redline928 via private messaging; lost touch with him. Had a few people requesting to be my friends in recent months... Mospeada, CheetorBWORG, and Sketchprowl. Of those three, I've had a very interesting conversation with Mospeada (until I apparently said something stupid that literally slammed the brakes on our conversation). Bought some TFs from other people over the years; had good dealings with each and every one of them.

I'm kinda lousy when it comes to making friends. It's kinda hard, 'cause I'm a 20-something female, who's a professed crazy TF addict, and... well... I might sound like an interesting person, but I think I prove myself a bit of a disappointment to those who might actually want to be friends.

Not saying that I'm trying to deter anybody who'd like to be friends with me, but... I just get the feeling that I might say something wrong, give people the wrong impression, etc. once I actually make any friends around here.

I guess... for the most part... I'm more comfortable just posting in threads that piques my interest, and just converse with people that way. Don't necessarily have to be friends, but just as long as I have at least one interesting conversation that makes my day, I'm happy to be a member of TFW.

8. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Be yourself- unless you're a whiny loser. In that case, fake it.
    Read the rules and post accordingly.
    Use spellcheck- if you're using Internet Explorer, switch to Mozilla Firefox, with the built in spellchecker.
    Mention that Twin Twist sucks.
    Donate to the site, and visit the Fuzzy World.

Also...are you sure you want to make friends around here? There's some strange folk hereabouts.

9. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    Strange folk...really?!?!? Naw...surely you kid :rolleyes:  *cough* squirelcar *cough*

All the advice given so far is the truth. I've never met anyone here in person, but I've gotten to know a lot of them through trades and sales, as well as being a supporter.

And it doesn't hurt to either fully love or hate any SWTF or other Transformer "Frankenstein", like Marvel Crossovers, Nike, or Disney. There is no middle-ground on this - you must love them or hate them with all of your heart.

Most important, alcohol deadens the pain the mods inflict - especially S-Megs or Boardwise. If they address you personally on these boards you must always remember to start and end your sentences with "sir". Otherwise your threads will "mysteriously" be shut down for a violation of rule #304, which you'll never see. You may get a visit from them as well - they'll go all "Jay and Silent Bob" on you.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  10. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Drink heavily, it works wonders.

And go to BotCon.

11. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Also, post naked pictures of yourself.

Do not post naked pics.

12. DeathStorm

News Credits:
    *Insert vulgar comment about Sammie*

13. McBradders

There was a line. It was crossed. Fast. Hard. Without remorse.

Let that be a lesson to... whoever :3

14. DeathStorm

News Credits:
    From my understanding there are still several members that still visit the dark side...wherever she is on the web now.

15. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

Twin Twist sucks?

16. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Hey welcome to club :D 

I'm some jerk that hangs out mostly in the gaming forum (I like talking to ya guys about games).

I'm not even that big of a transformers fan, I've got a few toys but I'm more into the TF media/lore (comics, books, etc..). So I guess the best thing is to just get out there and "socialize" (yuck).

Oh yeah, and most imporantly just *()&)&%)@(&%SYNTAX ERROR(*&%#(*_)*(#$JFASF

17. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

I'll be your friend! :D 

18. McBradders

he sure does!

¬_¬

19. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I am one of the oldest members here and I don't have much friends, but there are a lot of posters that I enjoy discussing sports and general topics with. Don't worry about making friends just post regularly and in time people will know you. Or, just insult Kickback. That always get a rise out of people. Haha j/k.

20. misternoodle

misternoodle Banned

a van, a trench coat and a pack of candy.

if the candy fails try chloroform as substitute.