Best way to get TRU Soundwave?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Maboroshi, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    One of my local TRU employees went so far as to tell me that an owner of another toy store downtown would come in and buy these b/c they're such a hot item. Does TRU have a policy against scalping, seriously x.x
    For the past three weeks my TRU has gotten a case in every Saturday morning and they're always sold out before noon. I play on a basketball team, so its not like I can get down there every morning. Hopefully the people who want 'em have 'em at this point and they'll start filling up the shelves.
    DN

2. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I called daily for about a week or two to the TRU's in my area. I also had to explain exactly what it was, blah blah blah...frustrating BS for sure.

Anyway I finally hit some luck and a TRU about 45 min away had them and I asked if they would hold one for me, they said, "how many do you want?" I was only gonna get one, but I asked if I could get two, and they said "yes, as long as you pick them up today" So I ended up getting an extra to keep sealed.

I just called them to see if they had any for you, and after the runaround, I got somebody who knew what toy I was asking about. They told me they were out of stock and that they would not be getting any more. BUT - that is just what some employee told me. For all I know they'll get more. You just gotta call every day. Saves a hell of a lot of gas :) 

3. Maboroshi

Maboroshi Optimal

Still no luck in locating one!

I really hope that it is somehow untrue that no more will be arriving :( 

Anyone else that could offer some help? :) 

4. lookinglasself

lookinglasself crush/destroy

I will check my local TRU tomorrow for you. I'll let you know what I find.

5. lookinglasself

lookinglasself crush/destroy

I checked today and they didn't have any left. The past two times I've been, there have been a couple. I'll keep checking periodically if you haven't found one soon.

6. Maboroshi

Maboroshi Optimal

Thanks a lot for looking!

7. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    If they would have released Soundwave before the likes of Grapple and Hoist, there would have never been a hiatus on reissues. Soundwave is teh hotcakes.

8. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

best way would be tru or tru.com my guess.

9. Badman Forever

Badman Forever More Than Meets The Eye

soundwave has been taken off the tru website for over a week now. your best bet would be to get a friend in canada to pick one up when it comes out there next month. : )

10. blugel

blugel Well-Known Member

i hate to join the crowd, but i would greatly appreciate it if someone could pick me up one, if at all possible...plain ridiculous for a toy to be so hard to find...

11. noob

noob Well-Known Member

i think for most places, this is now gone. has anyone seen restocks of these at their trus? you might have to bite the bullet and ebay it or trade for him.

i have 1 extra MIB if anyone is interested.

12. Maboroshi

Maboroshi Optimal

I am! PMed!

13. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Just called the Colorado Springs TRU after their restock this morning...no Soundwaves. Ebay is looking like one of the few options at this point, anybody has one they wanna offer PM me (please and thank you), Im really dreading spending $50+shipping on this guy x_x
    DN

14. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

this sucks

The employee at my local TRU checked the computer, and it shows there're 2 on the floor, but I can't find them(neither do them, was that a computer mistake or does it means someone stoled it or hide it somewhere?) Anyway, they said according to the computer there will be no more soundwave coming on the next shipment. Is that true? So we are screwed? One thing I really don't understand is why they make this reissue a Toysrus only item, which is just a plain stupid thing to do.

15. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

People are buying them from Toys R us and reselling them. A local website is selling a lot of 10 for something like $700!

16. blahduh

my only question left is, will hasbro keep sending more soundwave shipment to TRU for the next 1 or 2 months? I will not give up to the scalpers!

17. Badman Forever

Badman Forever More Than Meets The Eye

My mind is telling me that Hasbro is holding all further reserves of G1 Soundwaves for the release at Canadian TRU's next month!! So the end of April / Early May is a good time to go vacation in Canada.. : )

18. iluvu_superion

iluvu_superion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    if anyone has a spare soundwave or one they can easily get for me, I'm willing to pay someone $45 shipped to me. Or I can build you a small website and pay you $35. I haven't seen this guy on the shelves at all and is having trouble obtaining one. If anyone can help, lemme know please. Thanks!

19. blahduh

called a few more stores around me, from the computer seems like they all have 2-4 of soundwaves "on the floor", but unable to find them in store, they all said "must be stolen or something", unbelievable. I believe most stores get like 1 case on each shipment right?(6 item per case?) And maybe 2-3 shipment of soundwaves this past month, so that means, out of 12-18 soundwave units, 4-8 will get bought by the scalpers, and 2-4 will get stolen, what's that left us with?

20. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I went to Toys R Us in Springfield, MA, near the Eastfield Mall two days ago looking for some TFs, and the first thing I saw was a bunch of Reissue Soundwaves. There are two left on the shelf, so if anyone in the area needs one, there should still be some there (seems like nobody really goes to this TRU).