Best way to get TRU Soundwave?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Maboroshi, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Maboroshi

Maboroshi Optimal

Greetings. I was hoping you guys could help me on my long and quite annoying quest to get a Soundwave from either of the two local TRUs in my area. TRU just can't get their online Soundwave page right (orders canceled left and right, and thats when the page even works), and eBay is way overpriced.

So, after getting it online failed miserably, at first I started just going every other day to both of them in search of Soundwave. I went to both (one of them is not close, either) many times. I started coming earlier and earlier, until I was coming in only half an hour after they opened. When asking about it, I was told that "collectors" stood outside the doors at every new shipment to rush in and buy all of them as fast as they could. So I find out when the next shipment is coming in at the closer TRU and plan on waiting like the "collectors" do. So this morning, I get there nice and early and wait for them to open. Once they do, I walk quickly to the Transformers section, and yet again there is no Soundwave. So I am wondering what is up, so I go ask someone about it. They have no idea, they just say that whatever they have is on the floor and that they dont have any in the back. ****!

This is really starting to piss me off! Anybody have any advice from experience they could give me in this apparent Soundwave drought? Is there a specific time to call that is best? What is the best thing to ask? Would an item number help me? Just...what the hell? I hear in New York they have hundreds of them :(  Any help would be very greatly appreciated as this is just getting frustrating now.

2. Mr.Sci-Fi

Mr.Sci-Fi Bite my shiny Metal (_l_)

News Credits:
    My TRU has plenty of them, You have an extra alt camshaft?

3. Death333

Death333 aliases: Dx3, Dr. Whiffington, Hellscr333m

News Credits:
    Don't bother waiting for them to open. Either find someone on a board who is willing to ttrade or pick one up for you or just hit the local TRU up every other day like you have been. The second option is how I got mine.

4. Maboroshi

Maboroshi Optimal

Sorry, no. I wish mine had plenty! It seems that if they ever DO get a shipment, they all get bought within half an hour. Damn ebayers, probably.
    I'm afraid I have little that I am willing to trade, and that which I am willing to trade is not worth very much. A titanium Jetfire, a cybertron Unicron, a BM Night Slash Cheetor (if I can find it) and a BM Optimus Primal (the small blue one thats not show accurate). Maybe my Cybertron Optimus Prime.

And I think I am forced to wait until they open whenever I can because of those collectors I am told about who run in right away and buy them all.

Edit: By the way, what is the item number?

5. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    item #

I had to call around to get mine my local TRU had like 6 and I passed trying to be strong, then I go back 4 days later and they are all gone.

So after work one day I call around alot and I finally find 1 being held for someone else that never picked it up at customer service, so that is how I got mine.

The TRU idiots usually have no clue of what the item is, many here have stocked somehting completely different in Soundwave's shelf spot someting called Sound blaster with electronic lights.

The item #744209 is , but have fun trying to explain how it looks since the employees have to know "how it looks" instead of reading the box and using their 5 senses, and that whole fancy modern barcode/inventory sytem.

I got the # from one of the ladies on the phone I convinced the thing they had there was not what was supposed to go there.

6. Maboroshi

Maboroshi Optimal

The thing you said about one being held is quite interesting. If I call in, can I get them to hold one for me?
    And I dont even know what Soundwaves shelf spot is because not once have they had any. I always check behind all the big toys on the button just to make sure theyre not hiding them somewhere or something. Perhaps its that empty space right behind the classics Primes and the 10th anniersary primal/megs set...

7. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Find out what day the trucks come in and then stop the next day when they open. That's what the "collectors" do. They're smart/lazy enough not to go every day.

8. Maboroshi

Maboroshi Optimal

I guess I'll just try that again. That is what I did this time, except...no Soundwave. They told me this morning would be the time to come, but they still didn't have any. All the other transformers were restocked, though. Oh well. Guess I'll just stick to this plan for now and hope the trucks come in when they say they will.
    I am still interested in how someone got TRU to hold it for them, though.

9. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I dont have a TRU anywhere near me, so I had a friend get one for me. Yeah, it costed me $40 shipped, but I didnt have to look at all. So, if you have any friends who can find you one, that may work.

10. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maboroshi, if you can find a helpful employee (it can be hard), they can check in the computer and see if they're expecting any more in the next 2 weeks. The computer is always accurate, but its better than wasting your time.

11. Badman Forever

Badman Forever More Than Meets The Eye

from my understanding in the texas area.. each store since early feb got only 2 shipments (possibly 3 at some) of soundwaves. i got my friend to check tru computers today, the warehouse is now officially OUT of them (meaning no more).. so there is a possibility no future shipments will be arriving.

i myself passed up a g1 reissue soundwave the first time around (employee found one hidden in a backroom).. then when i came back later that week it dissapeared. so i got back on the ball and finally found another the next week and since then no further shipments have arrived.

12. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just ask someone here to pick one up for you, paypal them the money+shipping and it's done. If I had any at my TRU, I'd do it for you.

13. Maboroshi

Maboroshi Optimal

Terrible news!
    Thanks anyways!
    So is anyone willing to do it? :)  Cheap shipping greatly prefered, as I am already pushing my transformers budget just spending 30 bucks on this thing :/ (Originally planned on getting $10 dollars off with google checkout, but that didnt work out and im getting desparate, but I really dislike spending this much already on one transformer that isnt leader sized)

Perhaps I should repost this in the wanted ads.

14. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll check again on Monday. If they have one, I'll send you a PM.

15. Maboroshi

Maboroshi Optimal

Thanks very much :)  I think I might even take two, if they have it :p  These things will probably only go way up in value, so keeping one MISB might be a good idea.

16. Dayvcon

Dayvcon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    at my store (i live in South Texas) has had 3 shipments and all of the soundwaves (except for 3) were bought up by the employees. U ask how do I know this? I worked there in all the seasons and I know all the people that work there. They were buying anywhere from 2 to 4 at a time. So I just ended up buying one from someone from these message boards. I did not wanted to hold my breath for an other shipment.

17. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I've still yet to see any Soundwave's here in my town. :( 

18. iluvu_superion

iluvu_superion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    yeah, if someone could get me one too, I'd greatly appreciate it. I've been going every now and then and nothingness...nothing but sadness...

19. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have not seen any in Canada yet, but if I do I will let you now. I probably will not get him because I have the Takara one and Soundblaster as well, but for $35 you can't go wrong for 3 toys.

20. dkrolickm

dkrolickm Beast Wars Predacon

Ebay:
    ****!:mad  I just yesterday got to go to tru and they didnt have any...:peoples:  I bought a eject cassete for 12 bucks, found out the seller lied when she said it was 100 percent complete:banghead:  , and now i find out I wont ever be able to get soundwave!!!!:cry