Best way to buy IDW TPB?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by OhSlag!, Jul 31, 2012.

1. OhSlag!

OhSlag! Well-Known Member

I am interested trying to buy the TPB for the IDW G1 continuity. I See there are these volume books (they are almost at 10 now i think), are they the best? What about all these hardcover version?

Basically I want to get as many covers,concept arts, etc as possible to fill up my comic shelf. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Have you checked your local comic shop and/or convention?

3. OhSlag!

not yet, but whenever I look through TPB to see what's in them at my local shop i get told "this isn't a library".

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Sounds like you need another local shop.

Next time they say that, respond with "I know, my library will still be open a year from now."

5. OhSlag!

I don't plan on buying it local anyway. Amazon is cheaper and I usually get free shipping.

After looking, it seems the hard cover volumes (1-7 so far) are the way to go but it seems like teh hardcover for 'All Hail Megatron' and 'LSOTW' are better...

6. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    When Borders was still around, I would get 50% coupons and buy my TPB's there, they had all the latest TF ones, but since they've gone bankrupt, I've switched to Amazon.com and most of the time instead of $20-$25, they are around $10 and free shipping, also no sales tax for my state.
    Now the G1 IDW series, I also got from Amazon.com, they weren't all $10, but they were much less than buying them in comic stores--also don't have a comic store anymore. For me, I only needed 1-6 as I have all the later TPB's anyway.
    Good luck!

7. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The IDW hardcover collections have ZERO in the way of extras - you mention concept art, covers etc as one of the things you want... some of the IDW Collection volumes are also sold out everywhere and very expensive on secondary market (they'll be reprinted eventually; depends how long you want to wait).

Factoring in what you said you wanted in a TPB, and the cost, I'd recommend the individual TPB volumes. There are a lot more than 10, but are pretty cheap, and easy to find on ebay etc.