Customs: Best use of knockoffs - repaint practice?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Valandar, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Valandar

Valandar Dilettante and Dabbler

I recently got severalof the double-sized LOC knockoff Starscream from my local Big Lots, and was considering using them to practice repainting figures. On the LOC Starscream knockoff there's a single screw, three pins, and several ball and socket joints to pop off (but if you do this, be careful! The hip joints break easily), so it's a little of each for practice.

I'm considering making , a green one ("Skyhopper"), a purple one ("Falcon"), and a bright red one ("Misfire" - always liked the character). I'll have pics in this thread later on when they're done.

Anyone else get knockoffs solely for the purpose of practicing kitbashing skills?

2. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

need pics need pics of figures and when did you find them at big lots

3. Valandar

There's pics of the base figures in the "$2 Deluxe Cybertron Knockoffs at Big Lots" thread. And I got them yesterday.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I've been wanting to get one of the Cybertron Starscream KO's to dye/paint up as Sunstorm, but I've decided to go ahead and just use the Cybertron Skywarp that I have instead. Mainly due to me not being able to find one, or even someone to sell one to me. I even did a quick digibash of what I would of done to it.

Sunstorm-
    [​IMG]

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I havn't gotten them yet, but someone's looking for them for me. I need two more seekers to complete my cybertron airforce, and that's what they're for.

6. Valandar

7. Valandar

Well, here's two of the three. The red one is Misfire and the purple is Falcon. A bright glare caught the center of Falcon's chest, and the jet modes turned out dark, but hey, I got a crappy digicam...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]