Best "Transforming" Scene

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by ZooCrazie, Aug 1, 2011.

1. jjk1120

jjk1120 Decepticon Saboteur

I have nothing to add! All the awesome ones have been mentioned!!:lol 

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Honestly all of the transformation scenes are awesome. I think they were the best parts of the movies.

3. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    There's just so many to choose from!

-I liked the first on-screen transformation of Optimus from the first film.
    -Bumblebee's "Roll out!" transformation after rescuing Sam and Mikaela from S7.
    -Optimus Prime's "emergency braking"-transformation on the highway prior to the Bonecrusher battle.
    -Ironhide's first transformation in RotF. The swirling camera, the many parts, the grunting, the sparks flying. This was difficult to see, but added to the mystery of what it's like to transform.
    -Optimus' skydive out of the C-17, transforming into robot mode, parachuting, transforming back into vehicle mode. So amazing.
    -Optimus 360 degree panoramic transformation at the Diego Garcia NEST base with Galloway. One of the best in the entire franchise. I love it. I know some people complain that having all of those soldiers/scaffolding in the way can distract from the transformation (which it can, don't get me wrong), but not having the whole thing there for you to see makes it more "real time" for me. Think about it. If you were witnessing something amazing like that, what are the chances that you'd be front-and-center to witness it perfectly? You'd probably have something obscuring your vision. Having it too clear and too "there" adds to the fakeness of it. Not calling the transformations or VFX fake by any means. But just...too clean? Think of Megatron's transformation in DotM in Africa. That was a clear wide-shot, seeing everything, no distractions, steady camera and all of Megatron was visible in frame. Fantastic stuff, but almost too clean and perfect. Almost. Still loved it though. :) 
    -On that note, Megatron's transformation in DotM. One of the few (if not the only time), we see a long, clear look at a transformation without any of the distractions I mentioned above.
    -Optimus' "silent treatment/"Don't lie to me, bitch!"-transformation in front of Mearing. He rose up...and up...and up...and then slammed his fists down to the ground, mere feet from Mearing who stood her ground. Prime meant business.
    -Bumblebee's slow-motion highway transformation in DotM. The fact that it's slow-motion, back-and-forth from both modes and we see (in a motion blur shot) what it's like to be inside a Transformer while it's transforming.
    -Bumblebee's final transformation in DotM. Slow, steady, but without seeing the whole thing. You could clearly see the pieces fold and shift nicely. It wasn't a "blur of 1000 pieces and scrapmetal" that so many people complain about. This was perfect.

That's one thing that I am really interested in seeing what a potential reboot/prequel/whatever does; the concept of transforming. When I saw The Dark Knight and the Tumbler starts to "transform" to reveal the Bat-Cycle, that's when I first thought of what a different director could do with the concept.

4. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    I'm biased obviously, but my pick is the scene of Devastator combining.
    I wished they could have shown more of it.

5. blur3479

blur3479 Movie Prime Apologist

News Credits:
    Optimus driving hits driller gargles transforms trailer transforms optimus rolls faces to the screen face mask comes up. I said holy sh!t

6. Stormrunner

Stormrunner Cry for the Cat's Eye

Ironhide at the beginning of ROTF and Optimus in the Alley way in the first movie.

7. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Best transformation imo is ROTF Ironhide at the beginning, beautifully done, movie 1 Optimus first meeting along with shanghai Optimus drop. Sideswipes intro is pretty cool too. Movie three Ironhide playing chicken and winning is done brillian too and as is mirage and megatrons first transformations.

8. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

9. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
  10. tfan123

tfan123 Well-Known Member

1. When Sideswipe transforms and starts shooting at the Dreads, DOTM

2. The Autobots Arrival transformations, TF2007

3. When Soundwave reveals himself as the Mercedes, DOTM

4. When Lazerbeak transforms from the TV in Wangs office, DOTM

11. AllSpark Shard

AllSpark Shard Squirrel-flattener

Most rtransformations are great in the three movies. I like them all, there are some i like better:

In Transformers:

- Barricade's transformation before Sam
    - Bumblebee's transformation to summon the Autobots, the music is great in that scene
    - The Autobots transforming before Mikaela and Sam
    - Frenzy's transformation into cell phone, one of the best in the movie.
    - Starscream in Mission City, seen from below.
    - The Allspark's transformation

In ROTF:

- Ironhide's transformation at the beginning of the movie
    - Demolishor's transformation
    - The twins transformation after trans-scan
    - Optimus' transformation to talk to Morshower, one of the best in the trilogy too
    - Megatron's when arriving at the Nemesis
    - Bumblebee's when he is with Mikaela and Sam after Optimus dies

In the third film, most are awesome, they have a great feel, I liked maybe all of them.

12. SideSwipe154

SideSwipe154 Not a Decepticon

bumblebee last transformation tf3
    optimus prime ally way tf1
    pissed off optimus tf3 :D 

13. Militant

Militant Police

The first movie had the best Transformations as we were still being introduced to the amazing CGI. The other 2 sequels had good ones too, but it felt more rushed and not as dramatic. That being said, my favorite transformation was in ROTF, when Sideways transformed back into a Audi R8 after smashing through the building while running from Sideswipe.

‪Transformers 2 - Sideswipe vs Sideways‬‏ - YouTube

14. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

All of Sideswipe's transformations
    Sideways in Rotf
    All movie 1 transformations
    Devastator transforming
    Ironhide,Crankcase and Crowbar transforming in midair
    Mirage's Cartwheel transformation in Dotm

15. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Devastator in ROTF
    That first Mirage/Dino transformation in DOTM. Holy cow that was fast.
    Last BB transformation in DOTM, mostly because of the transformation sound.

16. Rodihide

Rodihide Batmobile Autobot

best one was ironhide punches prime and transforms and says you LIED TO US

17. ZooCrazie

ZooCrazie Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I agree , just about all the transformations were great! I liked the scene DOTM where they are at chernobel ( spelling ) ?? anyways when sound wave and his drill bit thingy are rolling through the building and prime is driving along side and soundwave hits him. Prime and trailer both transform. Pretty bad azztic!

How about the the highway scene in TF1 Prime and Bonecrusher! That was an awesome scene , them falling off of the off the bridge. then the little boy , "mom that was awesome"
    That would have been me :)  I would have been froze saying silently in my head over and over again THIS IS THE GREASTEST MOMENT OF MY LIFE :) 

18. SkyfiRe71

SkyfiRe71 Precursor

Jet-power Optimus Prime

19. AnithaPrime

AnithaPrime TURDUKEN

this.

20. LesterX

LesterX Banned

Optimus' arrival in mission city. Heroic stance, heroic music, ready to face off with Megatron. End of story.

Also: The Microcons, Devastator, Jazz attack on Brawl, Ironhide slo-mo transform during the mission city battle, Starscream at any point, Sideswipe's transformation while still moving and Megatron's flip off the building. Oh and Sideways, because that is all he got to do, LOL.