Best Transformers sequel show?

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Hotshotprime43, Oct 25, 2018.

?

Best Transformers sequel show?

1. Beast Machines

22 vote(s)
    53.7%
  2. Energon

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  3. Cybertron

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
  4. RID2015

9 vote(s)
    22.0%
  1. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

So although Transformers have had many continuities in its dozen+ shows and movies these shows usually do have some sequel that follows up on it unless you are RID2001 or Animated it seems. But still these sequel shows that I like to talk about is Beast Machines, Energon, Cybertron and RID2015. Each of these shows is the the sequel to the previous and the funny thing is these four shows probably have some of the must lukewarm opinions in the fandom. So basically pitting four unpopular shows at each other.

Although Beast Wars is a kind of sequel to G1 it is not a clear sequel to the Sunbow cartoon and not direct enough to count here and Rescue Bots is a spinoff not a sequel so will not include that.

I will give my vote to probably the least popular one in the list being Energon just because I find myself rewatching it the most often out of the four. Heck I will probably never rewatch RID15 again. While beast Machines and Cybertron are over due to be viewed I will give my vote to Energon.

2. Caminus Prime

Caminus Prime *sigh* STILL waiting for MPM Ratchet

Instagram:
    I'm gonna say Energon, every other show sequels has been stupid and cringeworthy

3. Nope

Nope Scorponaut

News Credits:
    Beast Machines

• Like Like x 1
  4. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    You all laugh at Beast Machines without knowing why you do. It's hated because it's cool to hate it. It's one of the best TF shows, and clearly superior to any other option shown here.

• Like Like x 8
  5. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Beast Machines, though being a wildly different animal, excuse it the pun, from it's predecessor Beast Wars, is a genuinely great series. Sure, it might not be the greatest as a follow up from Beast Wars, with it drastically changing the characters and what not, though the show stands on it's own with it's darker, more dramatic tone and it's serialized form of storytelling. It had themes that might've been way too mature for a children's cartoon, but they were interesting to see the clashing perspectives none the less. In it's own, unique and bizarre way, Beast Machines stands as a worthy sequel to Beast Wars, though admittedly not in the ways you'd expect, which evidently turned a majority of fans away from the series.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Reask

Reask Predacon

Beast Machines. Something I would have joined the crowd in hating back in the day, but as I gave it a chance, it grew on me, and now I adore it.

Not as good as Beast Wars, character designs are bleh, Nightscream is a brat, and Megatron's defeat can't help but feel anti climatic, but I love everything else.

It's set completely on Cybertron with no human involvement, it has brilliant voice acting, great animation, has a dark tone that takes you back to the Marvel comics of old, and many deep philosophical moments.

The characters aren't exactly where we would want them to be, but it works for such an apocalyptic story. Cheetor is my favourite character on the show thanks to his evolution from kid friendly stereotype to a better leader that Rodimus should have been like. Rhinox's change is a bit out of character, but it is such a joy to see him play a deceitful third party villain. I always liked Botanica due to her mystic presence, and her involvement with Rattrap was fun to watch for as brief as it was. And Megatron, has never been this much of a threat before.

Better than people give it credit for.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Fc203

Fc203 Hasbro shill

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Rid2015 i cant stand watching the other 3

8. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Cybertron

9. Tetratron

Tetratron Well-Known Member

I enjoy Cybertron the most out of the four listed but it wasn't intended to be a sequel to Armada and Energon so I don't think I can really vote for it since it doesn't really build off the previous shows.

So probably Beast Machines. It's not perfect or as good as Beast Wars but it was an interesting way to take the franchise.

10. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Beast Machines, might not had been on the same level as Beast Wars. Though it's easily better than the other three series.

11. SaberPrime

SaberPrime The first Decepticon the Fallen Megatronus Prime

Beast Machines which is not a popular opinion but it's still my opinion.

RID2015 is a close second, it has some problems but was OK.

Energon and Cybertron are terrible sequels because they actually work better as stand alone series if you totally ignore Armada and any connection they have to each other. A sequel should actually work as a continuation of a previous series and these don't.

• Like Like x 1
  12. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Torn between Cybertron and Beast Machines, but since I view Cybertron as a seperate series, might as well be Beast Machines.

13. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    RID2015 wins just the basis of the only one on the list that wasn't unredeemable nonsense. LOL

• Like Like x 1
  14. Nelomaxwell

Nelomaxwell Bronze Bomber

BM. That darker tone was great.

15. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

I am proud to see someone else other then me gave energon a vote

16. Fallout

Fallout ꧁꧂

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    beast machines as a show, but as a sequel i'd go with energon. energon at least had... some explanations for character changes. a lot of beast machines' developments felt like total 180 turns of the characters.

17. SaberPrime

SaberPrime The first Decepticon the Fallen Megatronus Prime

That's totally backwards. Beast Machines explained why the characters changed... with the one exception being Rhinox, there was no explanation given for why after his memories and personality was restored why he remained a villain instead of rejoining the Maximals.

Energon was the series that changed characters without explaining those changes. Megatron/Galvatron was the one who defeated Unicron in the first place and in Energon he spends the entire series trying to undo what he did with no explanation.

The only characters they really explained was Hot Shot being more mature since it's set in the future and Starscream having no memory of the events in Armada so he was brain washed into being totally obidiant to Megatron. Other than that every other character completely changed with zero explanation.

Energon didn't even bother explaining why all the Autobots had changed their appearance since Armada. The Decepticons were explained as we seen their Armada bodies at the start of the series before they got upgraded into their Energon forms but the Autobots all were already in their Energon bodies at the start of the series. They could of used the Spark of Combination as an excuse to upgrade them that would of fit with the story but nope they just already look like that.

Even more confusing is Inferno who was originally a Mini-con before he appeared as an Autobot in Energon and if these are different characters who just share a name they don't even make that clear in the series. There's absolutely no explanation for Inferno being totally different from Armada to Energon.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  18. Galvatross

Galvatross Swamp Lord Shrek-traoridinairre! Veteran

Beast Machines, and it's not even close.

People may not like that the personalities of the Maximals were different, but frankly characters should be changed in a new show with a new fictional context.

19. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy The Lethal Protector

Definitely the Japanese shows. But I would go with Beast Machines.

20. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

Of the ones on that list, Beast Machines is the best. The show had plenty of problems and is definitely the strangest Transformers series, but it was at least more interesting than most others.