Best Transformers Movie?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TfAnimatedfan, Aug 13, 2009.

1. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    Okay, I decided to start this thread just to hear other people opinion on which of the three Transformers movies was the best(G1, TF1, ROTF).

My opinions:

Worst: Transformers (2007)

I really can't say anything that hasn't been said before. I thought most of the human scenes were a waste of time, the whole beginning was pretty boring and didn't even feel like a Transformers movie(excluding Blackout's scene). I didn't like all the human involvement, the Transformers became side characters. What I'm trying to say is, if you make a movie called TRANSFORMERS the Transformers should be the main characters.

Second best: Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen

One again I can't say anything that hasn't been said a million times over. This movie had way more robot action and little less human junk. The movie's main problem is the fact that it starts to die down after the Forest Fight Scene, the ending battle seems quite dull in comparison. The fact that Optimus was an ass-kicking, face taking, homicidal maniac, just adds to the epic-ness of the movie. Despite the poor character development and lame humor(Humping, Constructicles, ect.) I'd say this movie was way better than the first. For a short explanation of why this movie still wasn't the best watch this, it sums it up quite nicely.

The best: Transformers: The Movie(1986)
    Let me start off by saying that even though it was a kiddy animated movie it is still a better Transformers movie that what we got from the live-action movies. The thing is, yeah, it might be a really bad movie, but it had alot of feeling to it. The final battle between Optimus Prime and Megatron is still to this day the best fight scene to come out of Transformers,(The forest fight is still a very close 2nd) it was was two robots beating the shit out of eachother, how do you beat that? I could say more but I don't really feel like it :) .

So, yeah, explain what you thought about each movie and list the worst, second best, and the absolute best.

Please, respect everyone's opinions.

2. Rail_Racer

Rail_Racer Seek and you'll be lost

Agreed :bay 

3. antapp

antapp Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    1) 1986 Movie
    2) 2007 Movie
    3) 2009 Movie

4. megatronski

megatronski PURGE THE HERETIC

News Credits:
    Rotf

5. SpinalCord

SpinalCord Banned

The best would be the Beast Wars II movie. Then the '86 one. I am not a fan of the live action films. I think the franchice would be better (for me) without them. Not as much money, but more focus on the TV shows, comics, and toys.

6. AximusPrime

AximusPrime Well-Known Member

I'd have to say that the 1986 movie was the worst Transformer movie for several glaring reasons:

1) If you never watched the cartoon, you were completely lost as to what was going on and who everyone was.
    2) Even if you did watch the show, due to the fact that the movie was in the works for over a year prior to it's release, most of the cast that was introduced during the second season weren't in it. Hell, Snarl was missing from the majority of the movie.
    3) Less than halfway through the movie, pretty much every character from the show was either brutally killed, changed into someone else, or disappeared all together thus leaving people who did follow the series with no one to give a crap about.

Say what you will about the new movie franchise, but neither of them bombed like the 1986 movie did. The 1986 move did far more damage to Transformers as a property overall than either of Bay's movies, whether anyone cares to admit/accept it or not.

7. SpinalCord

SpinalCord Banned

Fair enough. But keep in mind, just because it's commercially successful doesn't mean everybody has to like it. But you do make valid points.

8. Dally

Dally Decepticon

Ebay:
    Same order I'd put them in. I do like the Bay movies, but nothing beats the original.

9. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    1986 TF movie is the best
    ROTF/2007 tie for second

10. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

11. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

3rd: The G1 cartoon simply was not available to me as a kid (first TF franchise I got into was Beast Wars) so I have to put the 1986 movie at the bottom. It does not have the nostalgia appeal to me. I can appreciate it for being a part of the Transformers franchise, but it is really dated to my eyes. BW is my nostalgia, and G1 doesn't really work for me.

2nd: The 2007 Movie re-kindled my love of Transformers. Without it, I wouldn't have gotten back into collecting nor would I have probably watched TF:Animated. It had its problems, but I enjoyed the experience and I probably wouldn't have rediscovered this hobby.

Course, I'd probably have a lot more money too.

1st: Revenge of the Fallen took what '07 had and just added more fun to it. There was a much stronger robot presence throughout the entire movie, and it delivered on giant robots transforming and beating everyone up. It's light on the story department (though it is there :D ) and it has internal issues, but the overall experience was just plain ol' fun to me. It has been a long time since I walked out of a movie and felt that kind of fun and excitement.

12. BumblebeeFan23

BumblebeeFan23 Bumblebees sidekick

1. ROTF
    2. 2007 movie
    3. 1986 movie. it was good to me but Startscream's voice was starting to annoy me. lol

13. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

1.rotf
    2.2007 movie
    3.'86 movie
    i loved all three it was hard to rate them

14. AximusPrime

AximusPrime Well-Known Member

I never said anything about having to like a movie just because it is financially successful. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if that opinion happens to be that they don't like something that I do. However, the 1986 movie being a bomb and having the issues I listed above do go hand in hand in this case. While you may not like the live action movies, the fact that they have brought in as much financial success as they have is nothing but a good thing for this franchise. When the 1986 movie failed hard financially, the franchise got set back. The animation for season three suffered, season four was relegated to only three episodes, the overall quality of the toys suffered, and a whole slew of other things. In closing, a bad movie that bombs financially is far worse than a bad movie that brings in a lot of money.

15. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This really got me thinking, and I do have to say that I like each of three of them equally for different reasons:

G1 - awesome 80s sound track, generally high quality animation, awesome voice acting from Nimoy and Welles.

2007 - seeing childhood heroes on the big screen in awesome CGI was an amazing experience. The scene where the Autobots arrive is my favourite scene in cinema ever. Had the right mix of plot and action.

ROTF - Robots kicking the living crap out of each other and us poor humans getting caught in the middle. Whilst some people don't like ever-increasing ammounts of explosions, I loved riding the wave of things that went boom all the way to the end.

16. newguy

newguy i

I like the 86 movie mainly because it's the first, but over all it's #2. There's a few good parts, but it's not a movie i can just pop in and watch with one of my non TF fan friends.
    I hate the 07 movie. It was cool at first, but now i just don't really like it.
    I love ROTF, but that might just be because i've only seen it once, so it's still fresh.

17. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Are you afraid of the dark?

I'd have to put Transwarped as numero uno, then Transform and Roll Out, after than it's the '86 movie, and finally, the '07 movie. Haven't seen ROTF, nor do I want to.

18. TIE Bomber

TIE Bomber Banned

ROTF was the best! No other movie blew me away like ROTF. I never had such a good time at the movies before. I wanted non-stop action & it totally delivered.

19. Rail_Racer

Rail_Racer Seek and you'll be lost

All the movies have there own special qualities and i love them all...but 86 was the first, it has a special place in the Transformers history.

20. cnic

cnic Decepticon

I agree. I saw the 86 movie when I was 10 and it brought me into a world that I never could have imagined. Then seeing the 07 movie was sheer awesomeness because seeing these heroes from my childhood in a live action movie was something I had wished for since I was a kid. Then ROTF came out and it was even better because of the fight scenes and more robots. So I vote:
    1. 86 movie
    1. 07 movie
    1. ROTF

They are all #1 in my book!