Best Transformer Video Game..

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by TheG1Reviewer, Jan 28, 2012.

1. TheG1Reviewer

TheG1Reviewer Well-Known Member

In my opinion it is Transformers (released by Takara on in Japan) for PS2 in 2003. A lot of people rip the game-play, but I think its great. It has quality voice acting, good graphics for PS2, and an amazing story. Its a must have for any G1 Fan! I modded my American PS2 specifically so I could play that game. It was well worth it. I still pop it in and play it every once in a while!

2. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Umm, OK. I acutallyl had the game for years, but never played it because I didn't have a Japanese PS2. As far as the American releases, my picks would be :
    1.) War For Cybertron
    2.) Transformers (Armada ps2)
    3.) Dark of hte Moon Ps3

3. TheG1Reviewer

Swap Magic!

Pick up a swap magic online, and mod your ps3 its cheap and easy (takes like 5 mins max), its worth it JUST to play that game. I modded my PS2 just so I could play that game, and it seriously will satisfy all your G1 urges once you pop it in. Its like owning lost episodes of the cartoon. FANTASTIC story to the game. Game play is par, but not any worse that a top level PS2 game. IT MAKES THE G1 TRANSFORMER SOUND!!!!

4. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    RotF is probably the best TF game to come out so far. No other game has made the act of transforming what it actually is, a natural motion for the characters. Driving across rooftops, transforming to leap across a gap, catching the side of the building, leaping off, and landing on an enemy on the street below. What other Transformers game lets you do that in one continuous motion?

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Pardon me.

Anyway, yeah I'd say ROTF or Armada. I love ROTF's controls. As Sso02V said, what other game actually lets you act like they do in the movies/shows?

6. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

War for Cybertron wins hands down. I had people who are not transformer fans play WFC and the movie games, they all said WFC had the best gameplay.

7. gregles

gregles quintesson

ps2 armada one wins for me easily it had big open space level design which kind of recalls the first halo game in a great way, you could customise your bot with loads of minicons and play levels with a variety of strategies and tactics. the cars handle good too the only criticism was the rubbish unicron battle at the end. personally I found war for cybertron really average I got it after reading great reviews and I was really disappointed in the single player game whole of cybertron was reduced to a long boring corridor the only bits of it I enjoyed were the banter between starscream and the other seakers and the flying in general

8. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Well, I've only played the Armada game, War for Cybertron, and the first movie game... lol...
    I'm torn between armada and WFC.

9. OptimusPrime108

OptimusPrime108 Autobot Field Commander

War for Cybertron hands down. Good story, great multiplayer, and good gameplay. But I'm sure Fall of Cybertron will take the throne when it's released.

10. Sky-Byte

Sky-Byte Armada Fan

The Armada game, then WFC, then everything else. As a kid I used to play the heck out the C64 game, but I really can't remember if it was good or bad. I've heard people say the G1 phone strategy game is the best one, but I've not played it.

One thing is for sure. There have been a lot of bad ones, like the NES games and the Beast Wars games.

11. Rampage01

Rampage01 knockoff of a knockoff

Add one more to the ROTF camp. I love how transformation was handled in that game. Armada and WFC are fine, but the transforming feels kinda tacked on to me.

12. Megatron1

Megatron1 Decepticon LEADER

In my opinon, I think it's Transformers: The Game.

BECUASE you can run around blowing up everything.

13. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    Best use of the Licence: Armada
    Best Level Design: Armada
    Best Gameplay: RotF
    Better Replayabilty: Armada

14. TheG1Reviewer

Transformers Tatakai - PS2 - IGN C'mon, you guys can talk smack, but that game is insane!! I still play it! 9 years later, it can compete (fun factor-wise) with a ps3 game!!

15. TheG1Reviewer

[​IMG] LOOK AT THAT PICTURE! I REST MY CASE. 2003 TRANSFORMERS GAME FOR PS2 MADE BY TAKARA RELEASED ONLY IN JAPAN.

16. Megatron1

Megatron1 Decepticon LEADER

This is MY favorite Transformers game. TF: The game, where you can blow EVERYTHING UP!

[​IMG]

CHECK ME OUT ON MY RAMPAGE!!! I'll go play it RIGHT NOW!

17. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Featuring such popular locations from G1 as

"empty desert"
    and
    "empty metal hallway"

18. TheG1Reviewer

LOL. I admit, the levels are quite "empty". But c'mon, in G1 cartoons, they loved to fight in empty deserts. Its much more appealing than chasing around minicons.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    It really isn't. I'd rather fight drones in nice-looking, wide-open environments than in empty hallways and canyons.

Also at least Armada mixed things up a bit.

20. TheG1Reviewer

What about the story? Do you honestly think that Armada had a better story than the Takara G1 game? I will admit, I did like Armada. In my opinion, it was the second best TF game released to date. Much better than any released on PS3/XBOX 360. I just don't think you can knock the "empty canyons and hallways", it was very reminiscent of an early 1980's cartoon. Vintage. lol. But seriously, the game was a fantastic purchase for a Transformer Fan (especially a G1 fan). It had a tremendous cast. Classic G1 Transformation SFX, and humorous tongue-in-cheek comments kept you paying attention. I will admit, Megatron's voice acting may have been some of the worst in video game history, but the scene's involving Cyclonus and Soundwave are priceless.