Best to worst

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Sep 12, 2011.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

Writing:

1. Beast Wars
    2. Beast Machines
    3. Robots in Disguise
    4. Animated
    5. Generation 1
    6. Energon
    ?. Prime
    7. Cybertron
    8. Live Action
    9. Armada

Design:

1. Generation 1
    2. Armada
    3. Beast Wars
    4. Robots in Disguise
    5. Cybertron
    6. Energon
    7. Beast Machines
    8. Animated
    9. Prime
    10. Live Action

Over all:

1. Beast Wars
    2. Beast Machines
    3. Robots in Disguise
    4. Generation 1
    5. Animated
    6. Energon
    ?. Prime
    7. Cybertron
    8. Armada
    9. Live Action

The ? for Prime is because I can't really take into consideration the writing to properly place it on the list till the end of the series. They'd have to screw up pretty bad to make Prime move down the list so it can really only move up or stay exactly where it is. Though that being said it's allot easier for Prime to move up on my writing list where I don't take design into consideration than it is to move up the over all list where the designs are going to drag it down some. The writing has to improve ALLOT to get over the ugly designs. As it is, on the over all list, Armada is the only one that got to move up just because I like the designs more. The rest of the ugly designs I don't like got to move up because they have good writing.

2. TFfanatic88

TFfanatic88 All hail Duke.

Writing:
    1. Beast Wars
    2. Animated
    3. Prime
    4. G1
    5. Cybertron
    6. RiD
    7. Armada
    8. Beast Machines
    9. Live Action
    10. Energon

Design:
    1. G1
    2. Beast Wars
    3. Armada
    4. Animated
    5. Cybertron
    6. Prime
    7. RiD
    8. Energon
    9. Live Action
    10. Beast Machines

Overall:
    1. Beast Wars
    2. Animated
    3. G1
    4. Prime
    5. Armada
    6. RiD
    7. Cybertron
    8. Beast Machines
    9. Live Action
    10. Energon

3. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Writing:

1. Beast Wars
    2. Animated
    3. Prime
    4. Beast Machines
    5. Armada
    6. Cybertron
    7. Movies
    8. RID
    9. G1
    10. Energon

Design:

1. Animated
    2. Prime
    3. Beast Wars
    4. G1
    5. Movies
    6. RID
    7. Armada
    8. Cybertron
    9. Beast Machines
    10. Energon

Overall:

1. Beast Wars
    2. Animated
    3. Prime
    4. Movies
    5. G1
    6. Armada
    7. Cybertron
    8. Beast Machines
    9. RID
    10. Energon

4. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

Writing:

1.Beast Wars
    2. Beast Machines
    3. Animated
    4. Prime
    5. Cybertron
    6. Movies
    7. G1
    8. RiD
    9. Armada
    10. Energon

Design:

1. G1
    2. Beast Wars
    3. Prime
    4. RiD
    5. Cybertron
    6. Armada
    7. Animated
    8. Movies
    9. Beast Machines
    10. Energon

Overall:

1. Beast Wars
    2. Prime
    3. Animated
    4. Beast Machines
    5. G1
    6. Cybertron
    7. Movies
    8. RiD
    9. Armada
    10. Energon

5. JackHammer

JackHammer Me, no, I would never

Overall
    1. G1
    2. Prime
    3. Live Action
    4. Cybertron
    5. Energon
    6. RID
    7. Armada
    8. Animated
    9. Beast Machines
    10. Beast Wars

6. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Writing:
    1. Beast Wars
    2. Animated
    3. Prime
    4. Beast Machines
    5. Armada
    6. RiD
    7. Cybertron
    8. Live Action
    9. Gen 1
    10. Energon

Design:
    1. Prime
    2. Cybertron
    3. Beast Wars
    4. Live Action
    5. Armada
    6. Animated
    7. Gen 1
    8. RiD
    9. Beast Machines
    10. Energon

Don't feel like going OVERALL because how much I like each series goes beyond writing and design, but also expectations, things that I personally like from stories, toyline and others, but I don't think an overall would be too different from my Writing list. Some changes there and there.

7. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

How is Armada ranking so high on anyone's writing list?

Thrust, said to be a brilliant strategist, never once is portrayed as anything but insane. Compare that to Sky-Byte who was a similar type character but he actually came close to succeeding in his first plan and there was an in story reason for why he went insane.

Tidal Wave, said to be a brilliant leader arriving on Earth to serve under Megatron. Portrayed as a simple minded loyalist to Megatron who couldn't lead his way out of a paper bag.

Optimus Prime and Jetfire combine for the first time saying that they could combine back on Cybertron but didn't know if it was still possible when they took their Earth modes. Megatron and Tidal Wave later combine having never met before.

Sideways in one episode is seen communicating with Unicron showing that they are separate characters. In another episode Sideways saves the human children from Unicron showing again that they are separate characters and that he might actually be a good guy. Of course they never mention that again as if it never happened. In another episode he gets upgraded for no reason what so ever into Nemesis Prime but then we never see Nemesis Prime ever again. And finally he admits that he is in fact Unicron. Sideways has a complete change of character in every episode he appears in.

Hot Shot, Red Alert, Megatron, Starscream, and Demolisor were all recolored in story however Optimus Prime, Jetfire, and several others who also had recolors in the toy line changed color randomly with no mention of it as if they had always looked like that.

Optimus Prime never once calls his Mini-con by the correct name and always refers to him as Leader-1. Optimus seems to think that he is Megatron as he ends up being the bad guy of this series. Megatron ends up dieing AS A HERO saving everyone from Unicron and bringing peace between the two factions. Optimus tries to save Megatron and continue the war despite the obvious threat of Unicron if the War continues. Some hero, he promotes war and will never remember your name. Megatron will save your life and still remember you after millions of years.

Wheeljack forgives Hot Shot but then right after that hates his guts again.

Starscream is like a Dinobot type character in this but he turns Autobot for all of like 1 episode, never changes his insignias, and goes right back to the Decepticons as if he was never an Autobot. Basically unlike Dinobot who over time gets accepted into the Maximal ranks, Starscream was never given time to develop and just quit right away because it was "too hard" to work with the Autobots.

Character development goes backwards, plot doesn't exist, things happen for no reason, and you can spot continuity errors without even watching the entire series. The only good episode was Past part 2 and I don't know why it's a part 2 when it's not a continuation, it's a retelling of Past part 1. The exact same things happen but they focus more on the Hot Shot/Wheeljack story rather than cluttering it with the entirely uninteresting Blurr/Sideswipe story. And just like the rest of the series, it doesn't go anywhere, the characters never develop past that point. Having a couple good episodes that don't fit with the rest of the series should not rank it so freaking high. Especially when the couple good episodes are just rehashing old plot lines from much better written shows.

You could also go look at TJTV review of Armada but he even had to cut stuff out because Armada's problems are too many to list in a single review or post. I could go on for a year listing every single reason why Armada is the worst written series EVER. The worst Transformers series is a compliment when it comes to Armada because it sounds like something non-TF related could be worse but no Armada is literally the worst thing ever. Actually wait... that's an exaggeration, Borat is worse than Transformers Armada but if you've ever seen Borat, that's not really a compliment. I think IQ points drop every time someone watches movies like that.

8. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Writing:
    1. Beast Wars
    2. Animated (equally good)
    -
    3. Beast Machines
    -
    4. Prime (mediocre but has potential)
    -
    5. G1
    6. Movie (equally bad, but entertaining. If comics were included, G1 would move up to the 'equally good' range)
    -
    7. RiD
    8. Armada
    9. Cybertron (equally generic/goofy japanese kids stuff)
    -
    10. Energon (just lousy)

Design:
    1. G1
    2. RiD
    3. Cybertron
    4. Energon
    5. Prime
    6. Armada
    7. Movies
    8. Animated
    9. BW
    10. BM

Overall:
    1. Animated
    2. G1
    3. BW/BM
    4. RiD
    5. Prime
    6. Unicron Trilogy (Armada's cartoon is the better of the 3 (still awful), but Cybertron and Energon have better toys than Armada, so I just group them as a whole to balance it)
    7. Movie

9. mrdecepticon

mrdecepticon Decepticon Leader

Writing
    1 Beast Wars/Prime
    2 Animated
    3 Beast Machines
    4 G1
    5 Movie
    6 RID
    7 Armada
    8 Energon
    9 Cybertron
    The movie writing is pretty bad but the Unicron trilogy just sucks Primes writing is great best series so far with out a doubt its on the same levels as IDWs stuff

Design
    1 Prime/G1
    2 Animated
    3 Movie (about the same as animated some designs could make it number one)
    4 Beast Wars gotta love the beasts
    5 RID
    6 Cybertron
    7 Energon
    8 Armada

As for overall to hard to say i really dont like the Unicron trilogy
    i think prime and Beast Wars are my favourites Animated too.

10. mrdecepticon

mrdecepticon Decepticon Leader

agreed it was bad

11. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I haven't much of some of these cartoons (and I haven't seen any of Prime, so it's not on the list at all), but here's about what I'd say:

Writing:
    1. Beast Wars
    2. Animated
    3. Cybertron
    4. G1
    5. Beast Machines
    6. Movie
    7. RiD
    8. Armada
    9. Energon

Design (I'm basing the ranking here off of the actual animation, not the designs of toys or in other related media):
    1. Movie
    2. Cybertron
    3. Beast Wars
    4. G1 (very simplistic, but I like it anyway)
    5. Animated
    6. Beast Machines
    7. Armada
    8. RiD
    9. Energon

Overall:
    1. Beast Wars
    2. Animated
    3. Cybertron
    4. Movie
    5. G1
    6. Beast Machines
    7. Armada
    8. Rid
    9. Energon (although its horrible dub does make for a really fun reading of the dialogue quotes on TFWiki, so at least it crosses into so bad it's good territory)

12. Guardian_Prime

Guardian_Prime Autobot Leader

I almost gave up on anything new from the Transformers brand after the first movie and Animated came out. I know there are a ton of fans of both of those, but they just left a REALLY bad taste in my mouth. So on any list, those will always be on the bottom. Prime has been the saving grace of TF for me. Bulkhead isn't an idiot, Arcee is 100% bad ass, Ratchet is like Mccoy from Star Trek, Optimus is what his character should be for the first time in a long time, Megatron is EVIL, and for probably the first time ever, the humans, (sans Miko) don't annoy the hell out of me.

I'm not really sure why everyone is putting Prime so low in their Writing and Design lists.

13. KWFlange

KWFlange You're So Jelly

Writing:

1. Beast Wars
    2. Prime
    3. Generation 1
    4. Animated
    5. Robots in Disguise
    6. Energon
    7. Cybertron
    8. Armada
    9. Live Action
    10. Beast Machines

Design:

1. Generation 1
    2. Prime
    3. Beast Wars
    4. Robots in Disguise
    5. Live Action
    6. Cybertron
    7. Armada
    8. Energon
    9. Animated
    10. Beast Machines

Over all:

1. Beast Wars
    2. Prime
    3. Generation 1
    4. Robots in Disguise
    5. Animated
    6. Live Action
    7. Cybertron
    8. Armada
    9. Energon
    10. Beast Machines

Bah, Gen1 should win my over-all....how did this happen?!

14. KWFlange

KWFlange You're So Jelly

I love Prime (I guess since it made #2 on my overall it is superior in my mind to my actual favorite which is G1.). I also hated almost everything about Live action and Animated for sooo long. And while I'm still in NO WAY an Animated fan, I have come to find the writing to be very interesting (while aesthetically terrible), and the movie Aesthetic has grown on me quite a bit over the years (though the writing makes me wonder if the strike ever ended). I'm just happy to see some semblance of what i believe Transformers should be, Robots who can Transform, on earth fighting Decepticons over energy and the protection of our race...though we should be involved as little as possible...and should never end up being protoforms lol.