Best Time of Year to Sell?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by slugslinger2004, Nov 23, 2011.

1. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've been selling off my collection bit by bit over the past year, but not more than around 20 items at a time. I've managed to cut my collection by about half (was over 600 and I'm now down to about 280) but I still want to get rid of a bunch more.

I was wondering when is the best time to sell? Would now be a good time with the holidays coming up or would I be better off waiting until tax refund time or Botcon? I'm not even sure if the time of year is a variable worth considering. During my time selling stuff I haven't noticed any trends, but thought maybe someone else may have noticed.

Once again thanks to all for your help!

2. Toyzaremine

Toyzaremine Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Definitely within the next 2-3 weeks. Because the economy is so sour in general if you are able to wait a year to a year and half, you might get more

3. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    If I had to sell some big ticket items, I would definitely do it in tax return season.

4. Yop the Yopper

Yop the Yopper Banned

Spring time is good as well as a small window of opportunity after Christmas because of money gifts that people get.

5. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    tax/spring time, this time of year people are strapped from buying presents, and don't often buy for themselves, and botcon/tfcon, a lot of buyers are out of the buying pool, since they are saving cash for botcon and tfcon in general