Best Third Party Figure?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by comacaz, Oct 26, 2011.

1. comacaz

comacaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I picked up the KM-02 Annihilator figure, the one based off of Hearts of Steel, and I absolutely LOVE the mold. And the black really looks amazing. I also picked up the huge axe for the WFC Optimus, and that thing turned out amazing as well. Are there any other third party figures that are just really really good? I can't wait for the KM-03 to be released (Hearts of steel shockwave), but in the meantime thought I'd ask around for any other really cool third party figure stuff.

EDIT: You should choose three third party figures, and then three third party add ons, that would mak things more interesting :D 

2. TwilightNero

TwilightNero Maximal

Ebay:
    I personally only have two 3rd Party products, and they're the Protector Armor upgrade for classics Rodimus and Sidearm. Protector is a wonderful add-on kit and helps a some what sparingly articulated figure. Sidearm is awesome if you like the targetmaster idea, but if you get him and don't like him, it is $10 which I think is the cheapest 3rd Party transformer toy you can buy.

3. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    thundershred, bruticus, warbot or stronghold are my current favourites.

heavy labor looks very decent as well.

4. Percy Harvin

Percy Harvin Banned

I have Exgraver, Scout Force, and all three Insecticons. Out of those 5, I find myself tooling around with the Scout Force set the most. Of course once Herc is complete, that will probably be my favorite.

5. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    At this point my favorite 3rd party figure is still City Commander. Just a beautiful add on kit for a lacking figure.

A close second is the Igear Coneheads. Absolutely terrific figures.

6. TFfanatic88

TFfanatic88 All hail Duke.

Thundershred, Backfiery, Stormbomb, City Commander, Protector with Sidearm and G3 Trailer are my current favorites. I can't wait to see how Maketoy's RtS Optimus's trailer, Not-The Fallen, and Giant will turn out.

7. comacaz

comacaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That scout force set is super cool, and I just watched like three reviews on it. But for that price.. they are just sooooo small. Is it really worth it compared to what else is out there?

8. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My top 3 are:

- FP Upgraded Bruticus: There have definitely been a lot of nice looking third party figures released, but none really give off that "Goddamnit YES" kickass vibe of an FP Bruticus on the shelf. Aesthetically, it's goddamned amazing.

- IGear's Delicate Warrior: This has to be the most aethetically "perfect" third party release ever made. It's literally like Arcee jumped straight out of your television onto your shelf.

- FP Shadow Scyther: This goes along with FP's Bruticus... the thing is not only gorgeous, but the additional "devil mask" face, and the Scyther itself put him right by Thunderwing as the most "evil" looking decepticon I've ever seen!

9. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great question!

I am an avid 3rd party collector and have almost everything from the last 3 years of the 3rd party craze.
    I have to say Bruticus is very high on the list, as well as the iGear coneheads.

But City Commander still has a special place in my heart. It started my addiction. Shadow Commander was the first 3rd party kit I bought, but the drive was all City Commander.

Protector and Scythe are pretty special as well. They are on m dest right now. :) 

10. Percy Harvin

Percy Harvin Banned

The price is somewhat rough, but the amount of playability from a small set like that is pretty damn cool. Of course, the KO's that just appeared could be an interesting alternative.

11. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ROTF Bruticus with FP add-on kit is my favorite. Scouting Force X kit probably my second favorite.

Warbot Defender would be one of my favorites too but there are common design/QC issues with him that completely ruin it. The knees on mine went completely floppy within a day. Anyone know if floor polish works on those kinds of joints?

12. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

My "Third Party" products owned are a small bunch: City Commander, G3 Trailer, Protector, and the first Gear of War set. None of them are really "figures" that stand alone. But as far as completing the figure to suit the character, I have to go with City Commander.

Protector is awesome, but I could have lived with the figure displayed as Hot Rod. A trailer for Optimus is a bonus, along with the weapons it brought. Same goes for the Gear of War set- I love Inferno with the ladder, but the toy was great without it.

Ultra Magnus needed his big boy pants. No question.

13. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    1. Bruticus Upgrades- Couldn't stop looking at the figure after the parts were put on. I never even took Bruticus out of the package till I had the add-ons in hand.
    2. Shadow Scyther- Just a mean looking figure. The face plate they gave him is just sick.
    3. City Commander (and all his repaints)- City Commander was the most expensive figure I had purchased at the time, and it took me some to talk myself into it, and I was not disapointed.
    4. Venksta Darkwind upgrade (though Skyjack is close)- May not be a full figure, but both of these really change the character and really complete it and make them different from the original.
    5. Not-Reflector- Always loved Reflector as a kid, and though they are tiney, they are fun as hell. Nice little update and come armed for war.
    6. Headrobots Hardhead (and Stronghold)- Much like Venksta's work, this upgrade really makes the figure. Love the Stronghold repaint a lot more than I thought I would, and really loved the comic style Hardhead (or whatever it is) a lot more than I thought I would. In the pictures, it looked fat, but on the figure it looks amazing.

I could probably go on and on, we have really gotten some great stuff in recent years.

14. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    My exact answer.

15. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

i love every third party product i've bought.

favorite??? maybe PE not-reflector scouting force... just great lookin little fun guys. i like some size variety and they fill the void of decepticon microbots very well.

16. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    1. FP City Commander, Still the best IMO. I remember how skeptical everyone was right before it was released. The price was so high, BBTS had been sold out for months. Anticipation was great. When the first pieces started to surface, everyone had to pick their jaw up off the floor. I could not WAIT for mine to arrive, seems so long ago now lol

2. IGear Delicate Warrior, outstanding figure and quality. Even if Hasbro does make an Arcee it will not be this good. The hand-craftsmanship really shows on this piece. I can NOT stress how great this figure is.

3. PE Not-Reflector, What can you say about it? 3 very cool little figures fans have waited decades to get, along with some sweet weapons and extras. Win, win, win.

17. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    I have to agree with Knight Morpher as one of my favorite third party TF's: even though I have the first, slightly flawed version, he's still amazing.

iGear's Delicate Warrior (Arcee) is also a work of art, most of all in robot mode, which is just perfect. Car mode is slightly lacking (due to the wheels not being able to turn properly), but generally the quality is outstanding.

Top of my list are however the FP Bruticus add-ons. Munitioner and Explorer are simply amazing in any configuration, be they in their alt modes, robot modes or in their appendage modes. These figures would be the best third party items even if they just stood alone: but combining with (RotF) Bruticus they take 'awesome' to a whole new level.

18. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It has to be MMC Sixshot

19. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My list consist of:

FP City Commander (and this is coming from a guy who isn't much of an Ultra Magnus fan at all!)

FP Colossus (an awesome add-on set that not only saved a crappy combiner mold but makes a very definitive Bruticus!)

FP Causality Ninjas (was never much of a G1 Insecticons fan to begin with but making them ninjas is a stroke of genius!)

PE-11 Scouting Force X (they're tiny, yes, but so crammed full of awesome poseability, loads of accessories, and insane playability -- barring scale, this is the most faithful G1 rendition of the Reflector trio thus far)

PP01 Faith Leader (a controversial choice given the murky legalities behind this guy, but he scales so well with Classic Deluxes and MP Seekers/Grimlock -- he looks even better with the addition of his toon accurate head)

20. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks a lot guys! I already wanted Igear's Delicate Warrior. You had poke the bear... Bankruptcy here I come!!! :wink: