Best TFP/RID Battles/Fights

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by SeanTF1967, Jun 17, 2017.

1. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    Title speaks for itself. Which battles do you think we're the best of the series and why? Some criteria to think about could be the choreography, the action, the music, the characters. If you want to go further, eplain why you picked these fights. As much as I prefer fights when they are just character vs character, sometimes the group battles or two vs one fights are just as good.

TFP:

Optimus Prime vs Megatron (One Shall Fall)

Optimus Prime vs Predaking (Minus One & Persuasion)

Ultra Magnus vs Shockwave (Persuasion)

Optimus Prime vs Dreadwing (Triangulation)

Megatron vs Predaking (Synthesis)

Megatron vs Insecticon (Crossfire)

Wheeljack vs Hardshell (Hurt)

Wheeljack vs Soundwave (Triage)

RID:

Optimus Prime vs Starscream (Worthy)

Optimus Prime vs Megatronus (Battlegrounds, Part 2)

Bumblebee vs Steeljaw (Sideways)

Drift vs Fracture (Hunting Season)

Strongarm vs Steeljaw (Misdirection)

Drift vs Shadow Raker (Out of the Shadows)

Bumblebee vs Saberhorn (Megal Meltdown)

For RID, there are more fights to come, so my list is incomplete.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  2. AMG

AMG Old School

This one always stands out in my mind. Two of my favorite TFP characters going at it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mr JackatooTM

Mr JackatooTM I'm a Colossal boi

News Credits:
    Google+:
    The Deadlock fight in TFP was lit.
    So were the Decepticon Island battle

4. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Member of the Bee Team

Prime
    10. Ultra Magnus Vs. Megatron (Rebellion)
    9. Miko Vs Hardshell (Hurt)
    8. Preaking Vs. Skylynx & Darksteel (Predacons Rising)
    7. Arcee Vs. Airachnid (Predatory)
    ^. Optimus Vs. Megatron (One Shall Fall)
    5. Ratchet Vs. Predaking/Megatron Vs. Predaking (Synthesis)
    $. Optimus Vs. Unicron (One Shall Rise)
    $. Miko Vs. Starscream (Chain of Command)
    3. Bulkhead Vs. C.Y.L.A.S. (The Human Factor)
    2. Optimus Vs. Unicron-Megatron (Predacons Rising)
    1.5. OP Vs. Predaking (Minus One/Persuasion) "IF YOU WANT TO FIGHT THE PRIME, FIGHT HIM AS A BEAAST!" Megatron
    1. Wheeljack and Ultra Magnus Vs. Predaking withj eventual herlp from Prime (Evolution) ties with Optimus Vs. Megatron (Rebellion aka my favorite Transformers episode of all time coming from someone who has seen every TF episode since G1 episode 1)
    Robots in Disguise 201x (incomplete and thus not a top 10)
    Grimlock Vs. Simacore (Brainpower)
    Strongarm Vs. Steeljaw (every time it happens)
    bumblebee Vs. Saberhorn (Metal Meltdown)
    Optimus curbstomping Razorpaw, Swelter, and Glacius like a Bad A** (Cover Me)
    Away Team Vs. Stockade (Graduation Exercises)
    bee Team Vs. Starscream (Worthy)
    Bee Team Vs Megatronus (Battlegrounds)
    Drift vs Fracture (anytime but Hunting Season was well; done)
    Bee Team Vs Vertebroken Sideswipe,lol (Some Body, Any Body)
    Drift Vs. Shadow Raker (Out of the Shadows)
    Dragbreak fight (Bee Cool)
    BB and OP vs Steeljaw (Decepticon Island)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    FAVORITE BATTLES

Prime:

1.Optimus Prime v Megatron Volcano Battle(One Shall Fall)
    2.Optimus Prime 2.0 v Megatron(Rebellion)
    3.Megatron v Predaking(Synthesis)
    4.Optimus Prime v Unicron(One Shall Rise)
    5.Optimus Prime v Dreadwing(Triangulation)

RID201x:

1.Bumblebee/Optimus Prime v Starscream(Worthy)
    2.Bumblebee v Saberhorn(Metal Meltdown)
    3.Strongarm v Steeljaw(Misdirection)
    4.The Bee Team v Megatronus(Battlegrounds Part 2)
    5.The Bee Team v Dragbreak(Bee Cool)

6. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    I'm surprised no one has the Ultra Magnus vs Shockwave fight in their top 10. It was one of my personal favourites.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  7. goudan

goudan Bumblebee all the way

News Credits:
    bumblebee VS bisk
    bumblebee VS Saberhorn
    Optimus VS megatron tfp
    Ultra magnus and Wheeljack VS predaking tfp
    Strongarm VS Steeljaw
    bumblebee and Optimus VS Steeljaw

• Like Like x 1
  8. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime I don't want to set the world on fire...

Ebay:
    My favorite battle will always be the epic curbstomp Soundwave handed Airachnid.

• Like Like x 1
  9. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

Eh, I don't really remember many RID fights and there's a lot to go through. I have to give Prime credit, while a lot of it's fight scenes are crap, when they were good, they were really good and quite memorable (especially since they were so good to rewatch). Here's my top eight. Why eight? I honestly have no idea. I've been working on this for three days now. I must've messed up at some point. I either meant to add more or cut some out. By now, I'm really too tired of working on this post to do either.

Optimus V Megatron(Darkness Rising):
    This fight has a fair amount of elegance to it, with two skilled combatants locking blades, in a fast-paced fight with lots of blocking, dodging and landing hits. There are some questions, though, like how Optimus is able to fall to his knees in zero gravity (they even make a point of needing to magnetize their feet to stay on the Space Bridge). Plus, one does have to wonder how weak Optimus' blade was if Megatron can just block it with his arm and break it with his own blade. Still, it's overall very well done.

Bulkhead & Breakdown V MECH:
    Right off the bat I do have to criticize that this scene features two heavy hitter TF being worn down by human foot soldiers. That shouldn't be possible, but as neither died during this embarrassment and it's something that never happened again, I'll let it slide, especially due to how cinematic this scene was. Just the sight of all those humans driving around, shooting at those giants, with "camera" angles designed to emphasize the scale of the TF. Not to mention the atmosphere of the nighttime setting and the smoke from all those explosions. A one-off indulgence in Bayformer territory (well, more than usual) that I quite enjoyed.

Metal Attraction: The actual episode itself. I've always liked this episode simply because there was just a lot of one-on-one fighting throughout it. Admittedly, Airachnid V Breakdown might not have been that great, with Airachnid's fighting against the bruiser involving too much brute strength on her part. Still, the ensuing battle between Airachnid and Arcee, as well as Bulkhead and Breakdown, was quite enjoyable. The two 'Bots getting stuck together shook things up a little for the following battle, in a somewhat amusing way. Then, once they get separated, the ensuing fight between Bulk and Break really just seems simple and brutal, emphasizing the characters' roles as the heavy hitters of their respective teams. Overall, the episode had some really fun action.

Autobots V Unicron: The beginning is just OK, with Optimus running about, one-hit-killing countless Unicron Avatars. I can accept this, due to them being made of rock, not Cybertronian metal and there are some pretty cool moments, like Optimus causing a part of a rock face to collapse onto a couple of Unicrons. When the other Autobots arrive, however, things really get good. The choreography of the group battle is excellent and the whole thing flows really well, making it spectacular to watch.

Megatron V Insecticon: The scene is pretty brutal, plain and simple. Right from the start we get the Insecticon (hilariously) grabbing Megatron by the head and tossing him against a wall, before slamming him against it, holding him there. One does have to question how Megatron just floated in the air, while the Insecticon flew up to him, slashed downwards at him, flew above him, then shot him back to the ground. Brutal, but nonesense.Then Megatron is somehow strong enough to bat the Insecticon away with a single swing of an arm. The fight slows down around the middle, but it ends with some fast-paced, savage fighting from Megatron, culminating in him ripping off the Insecticon's tiny secondary arms, before decapitating it.

Wheeljack V Soundwave: A last minute addition to this list, after I was recommended a clip of this fight on YouTube. I think my dislike of this fight, perhaps along with my dislike of the whole Triage episode, mostly stemmed from how frustrated I was becoming with the series overall. This fight is actually really good. It's a fast-paced fight between two incredibly agile and powerful opponents that has a lot of cool moves, including Soundwave pulling some tentatcle-based ones that, of course, only he can do.

Magnus & Jackie V Predaking: I don't usually like it when Prime's action scenes became too over the top. The show tried to stay grounded in a reality fairly close to our own, so the odd time they'd go over the top just seemed out of place. This fight, however, just goes so far with it, while also having great choreography, that I can't help but like it. The fight is extremely brutal and shows off the power and savagery of Predaking, yet also shows how Savage the two Wreckers become to fight him, leading to a fight with characters being thrown all over the place. There's a lot of different "camera" angles, although it does get to the point of being a little disorienting. Towards the end of the fight, we see some great teamwork between Magnus and Wheeljack, seeing them begin fighting in sync to put the beat down on Predaking. The fact that, in the end, Predaking wins through a display of even greater brute strength, crashing a ridiculously huge rock into Wheeljack and squishing Magnus' metallic hand, is just the icing on the cake.

Optimus V Predaking: This is an amazing fight between two of the show's biggest powerhouses. Starting with Optimus on the ground, firing his minigun into the air, with Predaking gracefully flying around his lasers, before swooping in and bombarding Optimus with fire. Optimus takes to the skies, transitioning the battle to a fully aerial battle, where he still unleashes an awesome show of power, firing his mini-gun into Predaking until he crashes down onto the ground, before unleashing all his firepower to bring the side of a cliff down on top of his opponent. Something Predaking simply shrugs off, leading to a decent struggle that ends with Optimus crashing to the ground. This proves to be a mistake on Predaking's part, as his older, Cybertronian opponent proves to be more skilled in hand-to-hand combat, putting the beat down on Predaking's robot mode. Even so, Predaking yet again manages to pull through, knocking Optimus back in order to transform back to beast mode, where he would've fried Optimus if he hadn't been called off.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  10. OggytheAug

OggytheAug Member

I think one of my favourites would have to be from Orion Pax, Part 1. After his fight with Unicron, Optimus had lost his memories and become Orion Pax, his pre-prime state. Megatron quickly saw to it that Optimus was bridged away to the Nemesis and used to decode the coordinates of the Iacon Relics. Breakdown and Knockout are bridging back to the Nemesis after stealing some power source and Arcee takes the opportunity to hop into the spacebridge portal (much to Breakdown and Knockout's surprise) and find Optimus. From then on she mows down a bunch of Vehicons and gets extremely close to reaching Optimus, but as she's driving towards him Soundwave opens a spacebridge portal, sending Arcee to somewhere in the Arctic. I love this fight scene for a number of reasons. First off, any fight scenes with Arcee in them are bound to have great choreography. Secondly that slow-mo sequence where she transforms in mid-air and lands on a Vehicon as a motorcycle was great. And the suspense in that scene was unreal. Like, Soundwave steps into that hallway and you're filled with this sense of dread because you know he's gonna do one of his darn spacebridge moves, then you see Arcee driving at full speed, then the camera goes around the corner and you see Optimus getting closer to Arcee, and you think in your head: Goddamit Optimus why can't you just walk a little faster?? Plus the fact that the score keeps getting more and more intense. All that leads to you really sympathizing with Arcee when she yells in frustration after getting bridged to the Arctic. Because you could see that Arcee was literally "this close" to reaching Optimus.

11. Omnondippy

Omnondippy The duly appointed enforcer of the Tyrest accord.

the first one off the top of my head are.....

10. bulkhead and race vs Breakdown and Arachnid

9. Ultra Magnus vs Shockwave

8. Soundwave vs Arachnid

7. Wheeljack vs Hardshell

6. Dreadwing vs Optimus

5. Optimus vs Predaking

4. Wheeljack vs Soundwave

3. Megatron vs Incecticon

2. Wheeljack and Magnus vs Predaking

1. Megatron vas Optimus

12. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Magnus and Wheeljack vs Predaking was pretty rad. Felt really personal, which spoke volumes on how I already came to love Predaking as a character. Plus Jackie and Magnus finally coming together after a few episodes (longer thanks to hiatuses between episodes) was nice. The visuals from Jackie's whip were always a treat, and the score was nice in some parts (like in the slow mo shot of Wheeljack early in the fight, heavily resembled some of the score from the final fight in The Lion King).

Optimus vs Megatron in One Shall Fall was at the high point of the series before things got ugly. The cool backdrop of the rumbling volcano, the approaching apocalypse, the big question mark of whether it was Unicron or not, everything. Optimus about to fucking smite Megs was also pretty terrifying which is saying something considering how bland he always is. Then Megs silently catching his blade and looking up with a glare that says "you're fucked". Awesome!

Breakdown and Bulkhead vs MECH was really cool. Slaughtering dozens of humans, fighting back to back, the smoky night, all of it.

Megs vs the Insecticon was also a really brutal, cool gladiator fight and a chance for Megs to really beat his chest to assert his dominance.

Apex Armor Miko utterly annihilating Starscream and shutting him up about Cliffjumper was excellent. Soundwave vs Wheeljack had a gorgeous backdrop.

No fight scene in RID has really impressed me honestly besides Optimus and Bee vs Steeljaw.

13. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    Not even the Optimus Prime vs Starscream fight?

14. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer I rise, you fall

News Credits:
    I have to agree

15. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    That wasn't that bad, but I only remember the colors of it.

Also Dreadwing vs Bulkhead in that forest at sundown was visually gorgeous.

Another thing against Prime is that pretty much every fight, major or minor, had the slow-mo of a character getting punched and the same "whoooooom" sound effect. Most fights are largely just swinging arms around.

16. Ewoklord

Ewoklord Member

It's been quite a while since I watched Prime, so the only battle I really remember is the one where Bulkhead ripped a Vehicon's guts out. Which I believe is fairly early on, so I guess it left an impression.