Best TFNation Purchases

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by rlmiddleton, Aug 22, 2016.

1. rlmiddleton

rlmiddleton Swoopatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    So TFNation is over and I am sadly back at work, however I had a great time and for a collector it was brilliant. What were your top finds/purchases?

I was really happy to pick up a TR Brainstorm ahead of general release. The Titanmaster itself has great paint work on it and good stiff arm joints- miles better than all the other Titan Masters I have so far. The metal bar through the hips ensure that the legs don't come off either.

I also got Blast Off whose toy I absolutely love, even though he's not a space shuttle.

And finally I toyed with the idea of getting MP Wheeljack (until finding Out that £45 wasn't quite as good a price as I thought- you can get it from £20-30 on eBay if you're prepared to wait for it to get over from China) but then went for one of my fave oldest characters- Ratchet. This is essentially my first foray into modern MPs and it's a fantastic figure that has really opened me up to the idea of collecting more MPs.

2. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I haven't had a chance to fiddle all my bits (ooer) even though it was a fairly modest haul this year. Having said that KFC Scorpinator is absolutely wicked, as is Tablet Soundwave. RID Windsheer was a total surprise too, especially since he was complete (his gun bits were tucked into his calves). The bubble wrapped bits were the YOTG Clear Tapes, but as awesome as they are I've already got the TakTom/Hasbro versions so they're not as 'wow' as they would have been fresh.

[​IMG]

Even though I haven't had a chance to open TR Hardhead and Scourge, I'd say the standout has to be Tablet Soundwave though, he's just an immense bag of WTF!? Everything about him is geared toward a proper 'Robot in Disguise' type experience, from the realistic tablet esque box, to being packed in Alt mode to the faction symbol instructions to his mentalist reveal, the first time you change him to robot mode!

His Bayformer head betrays his origins though... he's blatently part of the Real Gear line! I might comission someone to repaint a couple of High Score 100/Twitcher F451's into Rumble and Frenzy...

3. optimalprimus

optimalprimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really enjoyed the one day I had there.. mainly went for artwork but did pick up a couple of G1 figures that were on my want list.. :) 

Attached Files: