Best Starscream???

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Recall, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    All I want is a Starscream figure to sit on a shelf in my room. I've come across lots of different versions and to be honest, I have on idea about all the different lines when it comes to the toys and I'm not that fussed about knowing its just what is the best Starscream to buy or one thats regarded as the one the looks most like the character and is obviously easy to get hold of.

Thanks in advance.

something like this http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/1111726/Transformers_Cybertron_Supreme_Starscream/Product.html but cheaper. £50, whats that about $90 and at least its free p&p, lol.

2. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

Why the best starscream is masterpeice starscream of course! If you want something cheaper there's always classics that's out. Everything else is pretty hit and miss depending what you like in your TFs.

3. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Basically, it depends, If you want something that is almost exactly the same as the Starscream many of us remember, don't go with MP Screamer, its colour scheme makes it almost 'Generic-Seeker-y'.

Classics Screamer is a good one to go with, cheap and cheerful, and very good in colour and build to the Original.

Cybertron/GF versions would be more for a 'War Within' fan.

Energon G1 colour variant might be good, or Superlink Nightscream reverse.

or perhaps the Armada Starscream, but he's not the most faithful representation of Screamer yet.

It depends how much you want to spend, and how much you want it to look like the original.

If you have a lot of cash to blow, and dont mind it looking very different from the original, go with MP 03 by all means, but most others I listed can be had for around £10-£20.

4. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Thanks

I have seen the "Classics" Starscream and its only £12. I am just after a cool looking robot mode to sit on my shelf.

I like anime and Mecha etc but can never ever find something to represent that and is actually easily obtainable within the UK,

A lot of the Toy talk goes straight over my head so I never know whats what so thanks for the heads up.

5. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

The only 2 I recommend are the Takara reissue Starscream and the classics. The armada one is decent, but a distant third or even fourth.

6. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

I'm a huge Starscream fan (though there are others 'round here that are bigger fans than I) and I think it has a lot to do with character. They may share the same name, but really, no two Starscreams are exactly alike. Let me explain:

-G1 Starscream (or Classics Starscream, or Masterpiece Starscream): Murderous, traitorous, intelligent, a bit of a coward, opportunistic.

-Armada Starscream - Intelligent, powerful, oddly honor-driven

-Energon Starscream - Hard to say because he was really underused in this series. Then again, I didn't see all of Energon because I thought the series was really poor in terms of storytelling. As best I recall he was more like Megatron's bodyguard than anything else.

-Cybertron Starscream - Perhaps the most successful Starscream of them all. Murderous, traitorous, intelligent, devious, extremely powerful, greedy, persistent. Managed to defeat almost all of the Autobots in combat by himself (!) and pull the wool over Megatron's eyes more than once.

I dunno if this helps at all - it's just that to me, each one is at least somewhat different as a character as well as a toy.

Oh yeah, and the giant Cybertron Starscream might be available cheaper elsewhere than the store you linked to. Just a thought.

7. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
  8. TwoKingMick

TwoKingMick Mick

You're all crazy. When it comes to sitting on a shelf, looking just like starscream from the G1 cartoon and being a cool, reasonably cheap toy, the only choice is Robot Masters starscream. He's my favorite representation of the character to this day. He's a mini masterpiece (with limited articulation).

9. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    WOW!!!

Thats an awesome price, I honestly never even thought of Woolworths. Its out at the end of the month, I think i'm going to go with this one.

Thanks Dirge

EDIT: they have loads of Transformers on there, alternators and all, well priced too. Yay!!

10. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Nothing's prettier than a MISB G1 Starscream on the shelf IMO, but that's just me being old and stubborn :lol 

That BIG Cybertron Starscream you plan on getting does look nice displayed, and pretty much dwarves anything around it.
    It's even on some show on G4 where the 2 hosts have their desks full of all kinds of Hasbro toys, including Cybertron Supreme Starscream. And he just looks king! They keep him centered at all times and he overshadows all the 100's of toys they have lying around.
    Plus he has that crown to make it even sweeter.

11. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
  12. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Thanks again Dirge, p&p for Toys r us is a bitch and expensive. But it is only a fiver and I don't think I will be able to get it any cheaper.

Now do I wait and get supreme or get the double pack, choices...choices, lol

13. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
  14. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

I recommend the giant one myself...he's show-accurate, he's got a crown, he's got a sword and a BFG. :)  I have the smaller one too, but it's just not as satisfying...and the Thrust color scheme does hurt it.

15. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Well I originally wanted the Surpreme Starscream just not at that price but as its half price else where I'm going to get that.

Roll on the 31st, lol

16. peeman

peeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    don't wait till the 31st go now , 31st is just a random date play will get them in, the starscreams are already in woolies hes in mine right now

17. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Well he isn't available on the site yet but I will go to my local woolworths and have a look. Come to think about it I don't think Bury has one but I will go to another one this weekend and get it.

Thanks

18. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    You might want to ring the store in advance, check that

(a) they actually have him
    (b) if the offer is valid instore

19. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Masterpiece Starscream for sure.

Robot Master SS comes in second. He's basically an updated G1. Sure, the plastic is kinda cheap, but it still looks like Starscream.

Takara Re-issue Starscream gets my 3rd pick. I would make him my second pick, but he's expensive and somewhat hard to get. He is a perfect replica of the G1 SS toy, plus he has extras like a Megatron gun that he can hold! And a modified hand for G1 Prime so prime can also hold Megatron!! He also comes with a very thin DVD that my computer can't read.

20. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    For pure G1... I would honestly go with Robotmasters Starscream. As for the "best" figure... I would lean towards Galaxy Force Starscream (just like Supreme Starscream - but without being a shelf hog).

I've held off on MP-SS so far just based on the colors.