Best Soundwave and Blaster Reissue

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Jazz Meister, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Jazz Meister

Jazz Meister Well-Known Member

I am trying to find out what are the best reissue Soundwave and Blaster with out any issues and true to the original toy no mods. SDCC Blaster has issues, any one have issues with the TFC Blaster. The encore Soundwave seems to have chrome wear on the buttons MISB. Any one have any reissue version with out any issues?

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I was not aware of any issues with the SDCC Blaster, or the TFC one.

SDCC for both is your best bet though, they're fairly plentiful (think Hasbro's got a few Soundwaves left on their store) and they come with more of the cassettes, so you get great value for money.

The alternative otherwise would be the TFC ones, and then the Encore Cassette packs. But as the TFC ones have been out of production for a while, that will be a much more expensive option.

3. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I've got the Encore Soundwave, and the SDCC Blaster and I'm happy with them both.

4. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have no issues with my SDCC Blaster, so I'd say go with that one (as Sol Fury mentioned the TFC's the pricier one, plus only comes with Steeljaw)

Soundwave: I don't own the SDCC but I've never heard of any problems. Otherwise get the Encore (single tape chest) or TRU (double tape chest) depending on your preferance, as both of those aren't too hard to find. I've never had a problem with either.

5. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

SDCC Soundwave comes with Laserbeak, Ratbat, Ravage, and Buzzsaw.

6. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have the Takara Collection Blaster. No problems here on my end (tapedeck door works just fine, so's everything else) and I love the TC boxes, but as has been mentioned it is expensive. I got mine sealed for $90 or so when I got it almost two years ago, so I would guess it's increased since, unless the Comicon reissue helped.

I haven't heard any issues about the Comicon reissue and it does come with three tapes intead of just one; my only issue is it comes with just Eject (right?) but not Rewind too even thought Comicon Soundwave had four cassettes in comparison.

I have the Hasbro Soundwave with two cassettes and it's awesome, but it has the two-cassette door instead of the single one. Encore has the single as was stated but only comes with one cassette. I have no idea which door the Comicon reissue comes with but it has four cassettes (Ravage, Laserbeak & Buzzsaw, Ratbat) so that's pretty cool. I haven't heard of any issues with the Takara Collection reissue either, but I have no idea which door it comes with either and it's also more expensive compared to the other three reissues.

7. Jazz Meister

Jazz Meister Well-Known Member

Heard the sdc blaster has a few issues transforming into his alt mode.

8. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

the hasbro TRU G-1 Re-issue of soundwave can't be beat. because it's the soundblaster extended casstete door that enables the toy to hold 2 cassettes in it's chest. the awesome part is the toy is colored in 1984 soundwave colors.

I'm not a fan of G-1 1985 Blaster's toy because the robot mode isn't that poseable.

9. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    That, and the SDCC ones are normally cheaper no?

anyways, I have both Soundwave and Blaster from SDCC...and I couldn't be happier with them.

10. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

i just ordered a tru reissue soundwave. thanks for the heads up info on these guys. it can be confusing. : )