BEST SIZE CLASS (scout,deluxe....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BaronRansack, Jan 19, 2011.

1. BaronRansack

BaronRansack Drift

in your opinion what is the best toy size and why

2. Cay

Cay Growling Tiger

I'd say Deluxe. It has the widest range of characters we can choose from. Plus we get more bang for our buck as compared to Scouts and Legends.

3. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Deluxe, big enough to be serviceable and make good desk toys, and like Cay said more bang for buck generally.

4. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    I prefer Deluxe or Voyager. They're the perfect size.....scouts and legends are too small and Ultras and Leaders are too big and have too many gimmicks.

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I vote Deluxe, in the 'bang for the buck' department, with average 'bang' level decreasing with distance from the Deluxe class.

6. AMG

AMG Old School

Deluxe, it's the perfect balance between size and playability.

7. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I don't have one, at first I thought Deluxe because that is where a bulk of the figures fit, but we have had plenty of good Voyager and Leader figures. A good figure is a good figure no matter the size. I personally would love to have a few more Leader Class figures in my Movie Collection, and a few more Voyagers and Leaders in my Classics. For display purposes, you need to have some nice big bookends or a centerpiece to build off. I would love to see what kind of engineering they could come up with on a larger scale if they got rid of some of the gimmicks.

8. BaronRansack

BaronRansack Drift

scout/deluxe

i would definitely say deluxe!! however the rotf/hftd scouts are pretty awesome although slightly overpriced

9. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Not sure people would say anything but deluxe. However, for me, size doesn't matter. I think it has to do more with scale. I mean I want my bumblebee smaller then my Optimus. I want my Grimlock bigger then my Optimus. But not matter what it always seems that they screw up Grimlock and make him smaller the Optimus.

It would be cool if they can get the scouts and legends to be articulated like the Deluxes though.

10. Xaedrahk

Xaedrahk Prime-otions!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think it's almost too easy to just say Deluxe or Voyager, since they account for the greatest number of figures with the least amount of repaints. (Seriously, how many scouts that've come out in the past year have been repaints?)

Deluxe are easier to display, but Voyager make for a more impressive display with their size.

And yet if you asked me with regards to Beast Wars figures I might actually have to say "Ultra".

11. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    For me, Deluxe and Legends, they each have their merits. :) 

12. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ultra or leader, it's a shame that the former isn't used much now, but it was a great size class for years. Leader tends to have some great releases.

Lately the voyagers are cool, but I think the deluxes are stepping up real well. Some notable releases include Battle Blades Bumblebee and WFC Soundwave.

13. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    My favorite size class is deluxe for sure. So many great figures in this class and they're rather affordable. Also the size allows for some very interesting transformations and alt mode weapon storage. However, having said that, there have been some absolutely fantastic Scout class figures over the past year or two.

14. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

My vote: Deluxe

Recently (Animated, Classics and Movie figs) we've seen some pretty amazing little Transformers...

I love a good leader class fig. Big, strong and packed with lights and sounds.

My favorite class used to be ultra Voyager.

The Alternators are some of my all time favorite figs. And they actually got me back into collecting the hobby.

Then I picked up Vector Prime, Evac and Soundwave from Cyebertron / Galaxy Force. I was very happy with the bigger class.

The movie and Animated came out and the Deluxe class simply ruled the shelf. Great ingineering and posability. And some very original conversions, too. I had no idea I would LOVE Animated Lockdown as much I do, now.

For a little deluxe car, he simlpy unfolds into a towering Voyager class figure.

Then the second movie came out and the basic Scout class was surprise of the line. Knockout, Deadlift, Breacher, Firetrap. All outstanding little Transformer figs...

The only thing I dont like about scouts is they are unproportioned vehicles next to the other figs. A motorcycle looks fine, but a APC next to Leader Prime looks kinda silly...

As much as I love a larger size TF (but not to large) and as much as I love the scout class. My all time fav goes to the deluxe class.

Classics (CHUGRTS) showed us they can be done right. They have excellent posabilty and features. The weapons are nice. And price is very affordable.

When I sit back and admire my Terradive, Cyclonus or Sidearm Sideswipe. Or even my Premium 07 Concept Bumblebee. I proudly smile. As I know under twelve bucks bought me years of pleasure... (Times a hundred, but who's counting. Ha!)

15. BaronRansack

BaronRansack Drift

bump

16. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    deluxe followed by scouts. I'd buy more scouts, but for 1 or 2 dollars more I can a deluxe, so it feels like I'm getting more for my money. If they were 6.99 rather than 8.99 I'd buy tons of them as I love the smaller size.

17. BaronRansack

BaronRansack Drift

rotf scout

18. Squawktalk

Squawktalk Light cyclist

News Credits:
    I'm steppin out of the standard. I like voyagers. they are my favorite.

that could be because I have large hands and some of the deluxes have things that are challenging for me to do...

19. Buster_Witwicky

Buster_Witwicky ALL HAIL KORROK

Deluxe. They're 6 inch figures which most franchises don't get these days, they're generally a decent price, and usually are pretty posable. Honestly I'll usually get other size classes if it's the only way to get a character I like.
    The prices are pretty bad too, voyagers are double the price but they're usually only 1 or 2 inches taller.

20. ssancho

ssancho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Deluxe because its a great toy for a great price.