Best Release of G1 Soundblaster?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by lazerface, Feb 15, 2012.

1. lazerface

lazerface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was thinking about getting a G1 Soundblaster. What is the better quality version? The Takara Collection release, or the Encore Release?

2. ScottyP

ScottyP Got The Touch

News Credits:
    Is Encore Soundblaster even out yet?

I'd wager that's the better bet though, as it has new cassettes. Doubtful the quality is any better or worse on Soundblaster himself.

3. lazerface

News Credits:
    I thought the Encore was out already. The recolored Ratbat that he comes with looks really cool. I'm tempted to get the Collection version more, I think, that comes with the reissue of Buzzsaw and Ravage in the original colors.

4. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

Encore comes out this month I think.

Collection has a rede tap deck, while the Encore (based on pics) has a blue tape deck.

Personally, Im getting them both as I want the new cassettes with the Encore release.

5. CURAMEN

CURAMEN LOS ANGELES COLLECTIVE

News Credits:
  6. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
  7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    He's referring to Twincast, which is coming out at the same time as the Soundblaster reissue.

8. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    You guys are confusing the hell out of me here. Are we talking about Twincast or Soundblaster?
    I have both, the Takara reissues.

I have the maidenjapan Soundblaster head on mine.
    [​IMG]

9. Superquad7

News Credits:
    This thread was started with the topic of Soundblaster reissues in mind. CURAMEN just happened to mention "get both" (which refers to the Encore reissues of Soundblaster and Twincast, since they are to be released at the same time). One poster was confused, so I further clarified in my previous post.

Back on topic, I only have the Takara Bookstyle Soundblaster. As much as I would like to have the cassette, I'll have to pass for the time being. I really like my bookstyle Soundblaster, and am still happy to own it :) 

10. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Encore Soundblaster and Twincast will be released in a week or so in Japan. I have TF Collection Soundblaster, and happy with him and the accompanying cassettes, so I'll pass up Encore. ( Still undecided about Twincast. I only want black Steeljaw.)

11. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

I dislike the (anime-accurate, toy-inaccurate) blue chest for Encore Soundblaster.

12. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    Doh, on my part. I have both Soundblaster and Twincast pre-ordered as well, should have known better.
    I actually owned the TFC Soundblaster a couple of years back, but was able to sell him together with TFC Megatron. I bought another TFC Megatron, but never felt the need to replace TFC Soundblaster. I do however like the repainted tapes for Encore Soundblaster a lot (for both him and Twincast) and don't mind the blue chest at all.

13. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    Unless you REALLY like the red chest, go for Encore as it'll likely be much cheaper.

I'm having a similar problem. I'm getting Encore Twincast but I still want a Flip Sides (which came with the eHobby Twincast) and it's impossible to find her by herself. I also think I wouldn't be able to sell the lone Twincast for too much either.

14. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    We don't know for sure if he's going to have that chest (as the one that had the red chest also showed that in the promo pictures). Hopefully he does though to make it different.

So yeah the Encore figure comes out at the end of the month so he's not out yet. Obviously he'll be cheaper to get at this point and comes with Enemy (a red and blue Frenzy) and Wing Thing (a black and orange Rat Bat). The original Soundblaster reissue had Buzzsaw and Ravage.

Randy

15. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

God, I do want Enemy so hard.

That said, $70 is way more than I can justify spending. I mean, that's as much as I'm going to pay for FoC Bruticus, which isn't, you know, a redeco of figures I own.

16. lazerface

News Credits:
    Yeah, I was referring to Soundblaster (Black repaint of Soundwave). Not Twincast (Blue repaint of Blaster). That is confusing.

I got both the Takara Collection version, and Encore Version of Soundwave. I like the Collection version better. If Encore Soundblaster isn't out yet, I guess I will wait around for some reviews, or just order it and see what happens.

17. McSoundwave

McSoundwave Soundwave superior!

I have the Takara TFC (#18) version of Soundblaster. I prefer that to the Encore release primarily due to the cassetticons it comes with. I'll take a G1 accurate Ravage and Buzzsaw any day over Enemy and Wing Thing, which don't appeal to me in the least.

18. lazerface

News Credits:
    Yeah, If they would have changed the molds just a little bit on the cassettes, even with a different head or something, then I would really want them.

I don't have a Buzzsaw at all, and only have a really beat up G1 Ravage, so I might have to get the TFC version.

19. Superquad7

News Credits:
    I so want those cassettes. I regret getting the reissues when I did in a way. In a way I don't either, though :) 

20. dew

dew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Any idea where I can get the TFC #18 version for less than $100?

Thanks!