Best Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Torque, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

I have to say Galaxy Convoy (Cybertron Prime). Only one that I may possibly like better is Classics Prime (Voyager) but thats pushing it a little.

2. rikkuluverx2

rikkuluverx2 scout

News Credits:
    qft.

-rikkuluverx2

3. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    which colors are better, Cyb. Prime's or Galaxy Force Prime's?

4. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm a huge fan of Powermaster Prime too. He's not the best Prime, but I do think he's pretty cool, and he's certainly one of my favorites.

5. diablien

diablien Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They really aren't very different

6. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    It's not even a question - Masterpiece Prime (Convoy) - hands down, across the board, full tilt, etc. 12 inches of heavy, durable, articulated show accurate perfection in a figure that shouldn't even be able to transform based on how dead-bang the bot mode is to its cartoon counterpart... but it does! And it comes with a hidden light-up Matrix to boot. The term "masterpiece" is flippantly thrown around nowadays and has become a commonplace term in the TF lexicon, but MP Prime truly epitomizes everything that word stands for.

And of course G1 Prime simply for nostalgia value, comparison, and a nice display piece of where this all came from to where it is now.

My two cents anyway. :) 

7. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i thought one had black, one had blue (and of course red)

So Masterpiece Prime is pretty sweet? i thought i heard his Alt mode isnt all that great

8. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, Cybertron, the US line, came out with two Primes, one being the standard blue and red and the other being called "Galaxy Force" that had black and red. The person responding to your post, saying they aren't too different, probably referred to Japan's version of the line being called "Galaxy Force", and both the main blue and red Prime's from the Japanese line and US line are similar.

MP Primes Alt mode is actually a great representation of the G1 truck, and I never understand where people say it's bad unless they wanted something not G1 accurate. It's also amazing to see such a huge robot transform from it.

Anywho- I think for a collector, some incarnation of G1 is top priority. Then some form of MP Prime. My personal tastes, however, feel Powermaster Prime is the more nostalgia-happiness one and Cybertron Prime is my favorite modernized one.

9. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Agreed. While I do like Starscream and Megs, I don't think they come anywhere close to deserving the 'Masterpiece' title or even be part of the same line as Prime. I'm hoping Grimlock will be as much of a masterpiece as Prime, but I have a feeling Prime might end up being the only toy of that caliber.

10. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    anyone have any shots of powermaster prime?

11. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Masterpiece Prime (or variation of this mold) is the only one to go, baby.

12. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MP Prime looks awesome in truck mode, especially if you have the trailer to go with it. I have 2 MP Primes on display in my office at work, one in bot mode and one in truck mode with the MP-04 trailer, I get more comments (like wow thats cool or holy crap is that Optimus Prime) on the truck mode than the bot. So in my opinion the truck mode is every bit of a masterpiece that the bot mode is. It is not complete without the trailer though.

13. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i will admit, Prime looks much cooler with the trailer-which Trailer of Prime;s would you recommend for MP and G1 Prime?

14. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MP-04 is the only MP Prime to come with a trailer so that is a good buy. Its tough to find the MP-04 trailer by itself. Myself I like the battle damage of the original 20th Prime so I bought two of them and swapped out the short stacks for long ones. Then I was able to buy the MP-04 trailer from a board member for less than $100 shipped. For original G1 Prime mold Encore would be the cheapest to find with long stacks.

15. bobby_C

bobby_C Well-Known Member

To me THS02 and Masterpiece Prime have wonderful robot modes but mightily unconvincing truck modes IMHO. So my choices are gonna be Galaxy Convoy (ie cybertron Prime) and Movie Leader Prime, which possibly has the best truck mode of any Prime ever.

16. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    I can't believe noone's mentioned nike convoy yet!

what?

17. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    Do you mean Takara Galaxy Force Galaxy Convoy? If so, Galaxy Convoy is the way to go because of the additonal paint apps. If you're talking about about Cybertron Galaxy Force Optimus Prime, I would say regular Cybertron Optimus Prime is the way to go.

18. The Primes

The Primes Well-Known Member

Found some here

Note that only the reissue a few years back for Powermaster Prime had the second trailer, so If you're gonna search, type "God Ginrai" (the figure's name in Japan, but the Japanese fig always had the second trailer).

19. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    cool, very cool guys-ill probably end up getting Masterpiece Prime and Cybertron Prime for christmas from family, and then use any money i get to get the newest reissue of G1 Prime, the 25th anniversary one-he has a trailer, right? and how long is Cybertron Prime in alt mode?

20. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Mp Prime. When it came out no one could believe it was true. Then we saw alternators pictures never have you seen so much rejoycing in a forum. It was something that before then may nay sayers said was impossible. A show accurate prime. All the extra feature, working pistons, articulated fingers, removable opening light up matrix. Moving face plate, pop up wrist communicator, no other Mp has as many extra features as optimus. It's why every time you see a new Mp they say it's not as good as prime.