Best portrayal of Starscream??

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ErbFan28, Jul 9, 2011.

?

Best Starscream??

1. G1

30.1%
  2. Armada

13.4%
  3. Energon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Cybertron

1.6%
  5. Animated

17.2%
  6. Prime

33.9%
  7. Movieverse

3.8%
  1. openchallenge

openchallenge It's own reward

Anyone notice the similarities between how movie starscream was animated and the way southpark portrays Paris Hilton? Yeah... I went the right way thanks for the billion dollar turd.

2. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Tie between Prime and Animated, but since Prime just started, I'll go with Animated, love 'em both though. Movie-verse is awesome too, I s'pose.

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I feel Starscream is one of the few instances where the G1 Animated Series is the strongest and best version of a character. Everything that is iconic about that character, the finest points in terms of voice and attitude, stem from that version. There have been a bunch of fantastic starscreams since, but for almost all of them, they're at their finest when drawing on the ideas of the original series and emulating that performance to some degree. It's not to say some of the different directions haven't been great (such as Armada), or that some of the other performances haven't been stellar (Animated), but I think at the end of the day with Starscream, it all goes back to the G1 cartoon.

4. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    Chris Latta's G1 is the perfect Starscream. That voice is great!

5. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I went with Animated, because he wasn't just Megatron's cowardly, somewhat treasonous lacky, but a competent warrior who was a threat to the Autobots and also caused trouble for Megatron.

I'd rank Armada Starscream second; although I didn't think his character arc was as awesome as a lot of people do, it was an interesting direction. Haven't watched Energon or Cybertron, so can't comment on those.

G1 Starscream was interesting for occasionally being the only Decepticon in the room with any common sense, but he didn't seem to be all that competent otherwise.

Movieverse Starscream hasn't had enough screen time to get a feel of what his character is like, although his
    death scene
    in DotM wasn't a shining moment.

Prime Starscream, I haven't seen him do anything the least bit interesting yet and he seems to be the most incompetent of all the iterations of the character. He seemingly accomplished nothing until Megatron showed up in the premiere and, while he did manage to take advantage of Megatron's injuries, he was unable to cement his status as Decepticon leader and wasn't taken seriously by his troops...probably because he spent most of his time afraid of Soundwave. Plus, while Megatron was injured, he didn't seem to accomplish much of anything either. He also hasn't shown very much skill as a warrior and seems to either get defeated or run away a lot. It's like the writers took all the flaws of G1 Starscream (cowardly, incompetent), amplified them and kept none of the strengths of other versions of the character.

6. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    I'm totally, proudly biased here. Tho I do like Armada and Animated, only G1 does it for me.

--Moony

7. SearchmanDS

SearchmanDS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Tough choice, but I'd have to go with Prime Starscream.

8. Prime_Directive

Prime_Directive less than meets the eye

News Credits:
    I'd honestly have to say Animated. Unlike his G1 counterpart, he was actually pretty successful in his backstabbing.

But Prime Screamer is set to usurp even him.

9. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

tie between animated and prime
    animated looked like he could handle his own against megatron, like he actually had a good chance of defeating him in battle, however he always underestimated things and that's why he kept losing
    prime looked like the weakest starscream ever but his personality for me defines starscream, his personality and voice is the perfect fit for a starscream

10. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    I'm going with Animated one. He was waaaaay too much fun to watch :D 

Althougth I liked Armada Stascream also even if he did sound like if Vegeta smoked 50 cigarettes a day for 10 years...

11. Gatehawk

Gatehawk Gooner

I say Prime, because we all know Starscream longs to be the leader of the Cons and Prime just showed it all, including the fact that he fulfilled that dream for a short time and tried to make it permanent. It's obvious that that just showed the best of Starscream.

12. optimus12380

optimus12380 Well-Known Member

Though it wasn't a cartoon, I feel the portrayal of Starscream in the WFC game was the most spot on representation of the character IMO...since that wasn't an option I kept it old school and voted for G1.

13. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I prefer the G1 version. Most of the others seem to be based off of the g1 version in certain ways.

14. BlueFlame

BlueFlame Well-Known Member

I can't believe Prime is beating out G1.

15. terry981

terry981 Well-Known Member

Yeah, G1 for the most part established his character. I voted for G1.

16. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    To be fair, Megs did in no uncertain terms tell Starscream during his second-greatest coup attempt* (the one that got him dumped on Guadalcanal) that he straight up can't be killed. Given that neither Megatron nor Galvatron is ever shown to actually cease functioning in that continuity, it's hard to argue with him. Hard to measure Screamer's worth against that. Homeboy slagged Prime.

(*second greatest in terms of hilarious consequences)

G1 Starscream is, I think, my favorite TF of all time, but my familiarity with continuities besides G1 is incomplete. The remarkable votes of support for Prime Starscream suggest maybe I should give that show another shot.

17. Luka63

Luka63 Lukabot

I loved the War for Cybertron version of Starscream also. Seemed to hit all the right notes in all the right places for me.

That said, I ended up voting for Prime. Admittedly I've only encountered Prime's, G1's and movie-verse's Starscreams, but there's just something about Prime's that makes him stand out. Between his voicing, design, and personality, everything about him screams perfection. (No pun intended).

At first I was dubious about his re-design, but now it's without a doubt my favourite. A really ingenious portrayal, that the designers/animators should be proud of and deserve a lot of recognition for.

Although I'm still trying to get used to the high heels :lol 

18. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whilst I believe that Primescream is far and away best Scream, I'm still surprised how he's managed to surpass even the nostalgia of G1 Scream.

Guess it goes to show just how damn awesome the dude is.

19. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Prime.

First of all, he didn't start off as a treacherous bastard - he seems much more irritated by megatron's (to him) incompetant command and insanity. He's also not an idiot, or a one trick pony. He's cunning, resourceful and smart. He also, arguably, did better in his stint as commander than Megatron has since his second return. Megatron in Prime is a terrible commander - insane and uncaring of his troops. Starscream seems appalled at this, and is being much more cunning about his plots.

G1 is the worst. Annoying, useless and stupid - his only redeeming feature being his distinctive voice and design, and being the role model for all future starscreams.

20. Una

Una Well-Known Member

I was tied between G1 and Prime.

I picked Prime because how they are portraying him as this treacherous but with a goal personality. He despises Megatron because of his hypocritical thinking which he isn't honest about. Starscream wants him to be truthful of his lus for power(like he is.)

This verison of Prime is way more sinister and has a lower voice(His voice is so....smexy? XDD Cool I guess. Steve Blum does an excellent job.), showing his quiet planning and his fake loyalty to Megatron.