Best portrayal of Starscream??

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ErbFan28, Jul 9, 2011.

?

Best Starscream??

1. G1

29.7%
  2. Armada

13.5%
  3. Energon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Cybertron

1.6%
  5. Animated

17.3%
  6. Prime

34.1%
  7. Movieverse

3.8%
  1. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!

News Credits:
    Which Starscream do you like the best? I loved Armada Starscream

Edit: I know Starscream is the same character in the Unicron Trilogy, but his characterization is different in each show

2. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

Armada hit it perfectly? Is the question which portrayal was a cooler character or is it who was the best *portrayal* of the Starscream archetype?

If it's the latter, Armada along with Energon was one of the worst portrayals.

G1, especially the cartoon version, was a consistently reliable backstabber. The Cartoon version likely doublecrossed more than all other G1 incarnations from all G1 comics, AEC, Animated, and Prime put together.

3. ErbFan28

News Credits:
    Which Starscream to you find to be the coolest?

4. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    G1 is the Starscream by which all are measured. If one ever came close, it was Animated.

5. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Prime-Screamer in a heartbeat, much more sublte, manipulating, cunning and smart than his G1-Version [who was incredibly stupid].

6. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Prime Starscream is how the character should had been like in the G1 days.

7. StarYoshi14

StarYoshi14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Voted G1 because he was has backstabbed more than any other.

I'm surprised Prime Starscream is getting so much praise. He has displayed himself to be an *incredibly* incompetent fighter. Supercharged with Dark Energon, he gets his arm blown off in the first shot. He has yet to actually use the laser gun he seems to have, always getting the crap beaten out of him, his first upstaging against Megatron fails completely, only surviving because Megatron has some kind of soft spot for him. He is also the only Starscream to lack his signature null-rays. His only redeeming quality is that he is voiced by Steve Blum, a voice god among men.

8. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I also voted for Prime. He just gets everything right that I think Starscream should have.

9. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

First: He was badly damaged on that time [the Dark Energon one].

Second: He is far smarter than all Starscreams [just watch Darkness Rising, he could spot every single flaw in Megatron's plan, and would warn Megs about those], and his plans are actually very well-plotted ["Con Job" for example].

Third: G1-SS always got the living crap beaten out of him as well, humiliated every time he tried to backstab Megs.

The only SS that seems to be truly awesome with firepwoer is Movie-verse SS, it seems.

10. Bulkhide

Bulkhide Bulkhead + Ironhide

Animated is the best Starscream, IMO. At least as far as his portrayal goes.

11. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    Armada Starscream, best starscream of all time

12. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    G1 Starscream was pretty cool. It's funny how he declares himself leader at pretty much every small chance he gets.

13. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't have a definitive favorite, but there's a lot of good'uns.

G1: The yardstick by which all others are measured

Armada: Perhaps the most interesting, in that his betrayal of Megatron was for a "greater good" reason, as opposed to a basic power grab.

Cybertron: Possibly the most successful Starscream overall - managed to beat a mess of Autobots and wasn't easily outclassed by Megatron.

Animated: very fun, and the idea that all the 'seekers' are clones of him add a new layer of interest.

Prime: I find him the most sympathetic, and I root for him, because he's the least physically imposing and gets no respect, but also that he seems as qualified if not more so to run things than Megatron. He's the guy who was minding the store for years while the 'real' boss was on an extended sabbatical to 'find himself', and now is expected to fade into the background because the boss came back.

14. Timesynch

Timesynch Is a Bad Hombre!

News Credits:
    G1 was certainly very awesome; I loved the fact that he was a whiny, sarcastic, self aggrandizing, backstabbing jerkface. XD Also loved the episodes where he presented himself as a credible threat to both Autobot and Decepticon; definitely when the guy was at his smarmy best! Even loved him when he was on his knees begging Megatron for mercy like a b*tch, lol. ("I'm stupid, I'm stupid!") Just hilarious stuff! Chris Latta was the man!

Animated Screamer, I voted for him just out of sheer entertainment value (that and his brilliant clone army). He truly was a major part of why I watched and fell in love with this show, despite my initial fanboy recoil response at the stylized character designs. XD A shame the show ended so abruptly with no real satisfying resolution to his character (well, aside from dying, of course). Still, Spongebob Screampants for president!

Prime Starscream is hitting his stride but the show is still relatively new. Really loving what Steve Blum is doing with the character, and his voice is really great to listen to! He's just so evil and smarmy and the perfect guy you love to hate! XD Prime Screamer hasn't had the time yet to have his character fully realized and developed but he's shaping up to be one of my favorites so far!

Armada, from what I briefly saw of him (wasn't too big a fan of the show itself), it was nice change of pace to see him go all honorable Dinobot on us for the sake of variety, I suppose, but he didn't feel like Starscream very much at all to me.

Movie Screamer is certainly a badass and while I hated his chicken-gorilla design at first blush, it grew on me over time. Ever since the HFTD/MP-M01 figure came out (among my current top three favorite toys in my collection), he's become an absolute beast of a bot to me! Though he got very little screen time (as far as lines of dialogue and characterization) and no respect in the sequels (poor guy), I still loves me some monkey-jet and have a soft spot for the big ape!

15. AMG

AMG Old School

For me it's a tie between G1 and Animated Starscream.

16. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

In terms of the traditional Starscream, Animated is the best and arguably the most successful incarnation of the G1 character to date. Prime comes close second.

However, in terms of character development and depth, Armada Starscream definitely wins.

17. ErbFan28

News Credits:
    Wow, Prime and G1 head-to-head right now! I'm surprised G1 isn't running away with this

18. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

G1 , Armada & Prime

19. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I went with Prime; he's the perfect representation of a scheming, treacherous coward.

I didn't vote for G1 because, well, G1 is the basis for all the rest.

20. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really never cared for Starscream. That goes double for his technicolor repaint squad people throw themselves at. At least not until Prime's incarnation. Not that I didn't respect why he's there, but man Prime screamer just works on so many levels. He's well written with Blum giving a stunning voice over that picks up on all the subtlety that complements the animation.

G1 is the basis, but hardly my most enjoyed. Probably because I can't really stand G1.

I liked the change of pace with Armada. On a conceptual level he's the deepest Screamer.

Energon was hilarious because he was a souless nobody.

In Cybertron he was the little choo choo that couldn't. Also became Vegeta by the end of his fight with Galvatron.

Animated was pure Geewun Screamer with a few twists which made him very enjoyable.