Best Places To Buy Games?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Metal Chaos, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    Where's the best place to buy video games? I usually get mine from walmart since its the only place in town that sells them. Today I hit up gamestop but their prices are awful, they sell used games for $5 less than what they cost brand new. Used platinum hits/best sellers they charge 30 bucks for when they only cost 20 bucks new. How do they get so much business?

Any ways what are some good places to buy video games? Online sites welcome.

2. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Go with Best Buy and TRU for new and discounted games and only use Gamestop when they have good deals, like a new copy of Ghostbusters for 30 bucks.

3. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    Gamestop if you dont mind used games. you can get some older games for pretty cheap. I use them quite frequently for games.

4. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

I've been using Amazon recently but I usually use Target. I won't stop at GS unless theres some used games I really want but even then half the time I don't get the instruction manual with the game even though I pick up and game case with one in it. :mad  They also refused to sell me new games on many occasions because I didn't preorder it. (I know this because I've left stores mad that they said they didn't have any, an employee ran out and was like "oh we actually have one left") and they always bother you to trade in games, reserve something coming out 6 months down the road, or do one of their deals or something. They piss me off.

5. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    Yep. They're terrible. I love the idea of how they have you trade in 2 $60 games to get $40 off a single $60 game then they turn around and sell the your games for $40 a piece. Honestly they're nothing but con artists and thieves. You'd have better luck on craigslist or standing outside their store looking for someone else to trade games with. Gamestop can go to hell.

6. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly.

edit: Although I did get COD4, L4D, and Ghostbusters for under 50 bucks during their buy 2 get 1 free used game sale so they're not all bad.

7. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Newegg.com sometimes has some good deals.

8. Metal Chaos

News Credits:

indeed they do.

9. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    Pawn shops. I buy a lot of games at pawn shops. We also have some privately owned game stores around. They're great. Gamestop is any more cons or thieves than WM or any other retailer. They offer an item, it's your choice to buy it. You don't have to trade your games. Buy the discount card, buy only during sales, and they're a fairly good place to deal with. Craigslist isn't bad, either.

10. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    I'm in Canada, so we get EB Games over here.

I usually alternate between EB Games or Best Buy. Mainly because I work at Best Buy, so I can get 10% Off games...but I'll use EB Games for games that I know for sure they won't get right away.

But yes, I do hate the fact that I wanna trade in a game...I can only get like 5 dollars for it, and they'll go around and sell it for 30 *Sigh* yet despite this, I go ahead and it anyway...like today...oh well...

11. Los

Los Now you see me...

Ebay:
    For pre-order PS3 exclusives (inFamous gigablades, Wolverine's 'Arena', etc.) I have been using Gamestop a lot lately. I am sure if I had another console I might buy more second hand games. I do not really have a library of games as I tend to sell them on eBay after I beat them or get tired of them.

12. Riltht

Riltht Full-Time Doomsayer

I usually buy from Game Crazy. Far nicer then the people at the Gamestops around here, and they are generally cheaper then Gamestop(at least around here). They also match prices on new titles.

13. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you have a PS3 and don't mind used games then go to eBay, I bought GTAIV used for $30 a month after it came out, LBP for $20, Burnout Paradise for $14 and the same for Midnight Club: LA. Hell I even got a Warhawks with mic for $35 took the mic and resold the game and made the money back. The reason I say PS3 is because thier games are harder to scratch up, otherwise for the 360 I'd say Gamestop/eb Games

14. Nexus Prime

Nexus Prime Creation is proof.

Shop everywhere. Most stores have their own exclusive specials. I usually hit Best Buy, Future Shop, Toys R Us, Wal-Mart and EB Games.

15. Cavshock

Cavshock Well-Known Member

Once GameCrazy came to town I refused to go to GameStop unless I was looking for a specific used game and even then it is hit or miss. Went in looking for Suikoden V, found the empty box - with instruction book to boot - and took it to the register. Cashier rang it up and started to look for the disc but couldn't find it. He went back to the managers office and not even ten seconds later came back and told me they didn't have it. Alright, mistakes happen....but then the guy took the case and put it right back on the wall.

Anyways, GameCrazy closed here so now I have no where to go for used games. :( 

Chuck

16. Metal Chaos

News Credits:

I don't like GameStop at all, keep finding used games there that are more expensive than what they cost new and the few new games that are cheaper are only cheaper by a few bucks, come scratched and are missing their booklet. I wish Sam Goody and Media Play were still around, all I have to choose from here is walmart and 2 gamestops. I need a Game Crazy.

17. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

i avoid gamestop like the plague. employees know shit about games and i just got so sick of being asked if i wanna reserve madden 2015 or every other freaking game every time i walk in there. i mostly stick to tru and wal-mart but i've heard great things about amazon lately and gamecrazy as well. anyone else miss funcoland lol?