Best place to put your collection?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Neo-Prime, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Neo-Prime

Neo-Prime Leader

Hey, with my new cabinets on there way to house my ever growing collection I need to move them to a new bigger space in my room, My old cabinets used be in a corner set up beside my window but now I will have to move them to the other side of my room were my window will be oppersite it. could this casue problems to my collection? were it will now be put class as getting "direct sunlight"?

Any help would be great! :D 

This is were my collection is at the mo, sadliy it needs to be moved to I can fit m ore formers in it. (My window is to the right of the pic, were you can see all the light flooding in)

Attached Files:

2. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Depends on your situation. If you live alone, the best place to put your collection would be your room. But, if your married or romanticly involved and living with someone, it would probably be best to put your collection in a mutually agreed area, like the living room.

3. Neo-Prime

Neo-Prime Leader

I live with my Girlfreind yes, Due to the size of are place at the mo (bing UNI students) are bedroom and are living room is the same room lol I just dont know if placing my collection opposite a window is a good idea?

4. BarBoBot

BarBoBot Well-Known Member

Having Direct sunlight coming through that window hitting the TF's in the same spots everyday WILL yellow/discolor your TF's in the exposed areas.

Hell, I dont even let INDIRECT sunlight touch my TF's. The window in my TF room is completely covered.

5. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would just box up the majority, then keep out the ones you really want to display. I wouldn't put any in direct sunlight, that will ruin them for sure.

6. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Either get a protective cover for your window, or heavy curtains. Heck you could even go super cheapo and get some construction paper to cover the window and be good.

7. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Why don't you just get some shades?

8. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

I'd say bedroom cause thats what I have with mine but then if you can't I can totally understand. I have mostly all of mine in my closets where I can close the doors if I don't want anyone to see it if I have company over.

9. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Sunlight is the grim reaper of TF collections. Get blackout curtains and never open them. I used to put my bookcases in front of the window so there was no chance of the death rays getting at the figures.

10. alternator77

alternator77 Well-Known Member

this^ if your space is limited you have few options. when me and my wife then gf moved in together i was just starting but soon had about 40-50 figs and couldnt put them all out so i picked a line and displayed that then after a while i switched it up. also id avoid getting more shelves until youve got a bigger space. it gets tempting to want to put it all out.good luck.