best place to purchase a notebook?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shipwreck, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

I want to get some form of a notebook and I was wondering if anyone out there has any good suggestions for places to get them. I was thinking of a mac at first but those are faily expensive. Are dells any good?

2. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Wal*Mart...

Oh, laptop PC. Gotcha. I purchased my HP at Best Buy a whiles back, and she's been good to me. Though she's not a gaming machine, I didn't buy it for that.

3. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

Walgreens has great deals on 3 section notebooks.

4. honestgabe

honestgabe I

:lol 

5. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm down with Best Buy also. Both the wife and I purchased ours from there, and prices (if you watch for sales and specials) are pretty good.

We also both bought the $280.00 accidental damage plan due to our lifestyles (for example, I bike about 5.5 miles each way through Atlanta to school, and I stand a good chance of getting hit one day), and it's been WELL worth it. DVD player went tits up, and they didn't even blink an eye, just replaced it. Plus, the plan includes a battery replacement at one year, and that practically pays for it.

6. MatrixKeeper108

MatrixKeeper108 One With The Matrix

OK! I actually work at best buy, so you can go in there and you should be able to find something that's certainly in the realm of what you're looking for. I recommend HP and Toshiba. Avoid Gateway and Acer if you can. Also, Dell, I'm really not personally a fan of them (hate them really), but if you're looking toward their higher end products they're ok.

Something to consider is buying a laptop online. I actually bought mine at www.powernotebooks.com and if I ever get a laptop again, It'll be through them. They are *beyond* excellent at that website. Even if you're nervous about ordering something like a laptop online, CALL THEM. You WILL talk to someone, and they're all wonderful, helpful people. I was amazed. There are no computers, just an answering machine at the worst (and leave a message, they will get back to you). They let you customize every single nut and bolt of the laptops that they carry to ensure you get just the right parts for your needs.

Also, if you want some personal recommendations, just hit me up with a PM :D 

7. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

thanks for all the help guys.

8. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

You're welcome, and good luck getting that Mead!