best place to order/pre-order

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jtwhoib, Jul 12, 2010.

1. jtwhoib

jtwhoib Protocol

Ebay:
    I want to place some orders and was wondering about places. BBTS? TFSource? Kapow? Which one do you guys use, and some feedback on them please?

2. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I've used Kapow many many MANY times (mainly because I live in the UK) and they are nothing short of perfect.
    Great communications, superb customer service, very friendly, generous shipping rates, and all items arrive quickly with tracking numbers in sturdy well packaged boxes.
    Red Leader on these boards works at Kapow and if you ever have a problem all you need to do is drop him a line. Great guy who will do most things to help you out, as long as they are legal :D 
    Seriously, I cannot praise them enough! Buying anything online has always been frought with many potential difficulties but with Kapow you can trust them 100%. I've never heard a bad word about them, only awesome ones.

Never used BBTS or TFSource personally so I can't comment but only ever had good feedback about those guys. BBTS can have very high mark ups on their pricing and always shockingly outrageous overseas shipping costs however.

Hopefully someone on here will be able to explain the 'Pile of Loot' system on BBTS as I'm not too clear on how that works, having never used it (but apparently it is a godsend on saving shipping costs with pre-orders).

3. Gen. Hospital

Gen. Hospital Well-Known Member

Never used TFSource, so I couldn't comment.

Only ordered once from Kapow. But, excellent customer service, only very slightly hampered by Andy "dying of Man-flu". After ordering from BBTS it was a bit strange to see the prices over at Kapow.
    I bought movie Lockdown, at retail price, and Shanghai Attack Demolishor discounted from £35 to £20 :D 

Recommended, as long as you don't mind paying for shipping overseas.

I have given BBTS a lot of cash. International shipping from BBTS is weirdly expensive, although that wouldn't be a problem for you, I guess. They have lots of stuff in stock, but they do hike the prices a bit on popular items. (Sometimes a lot. Right now, Battle Hooks Optimus is like $45, but Leader Starscream is $60) Also, their guesses as to when stuff will be in stock are often way off. Customer service is excellent. I've had all my emails to them answered the next day, all my problems taken care of.

Highly recommended, although you might want to shop around a bit for popular items.

So, I typed a lot before I read through this post, obviously. Shockingly outrageous were the words I was looking for. :D 

'Pile of Loot' just means they'll hold on to stuff you've bought, until you tell them to ship. Shipping from BBTS internationally is $20.99 + $5.75 per pound. A single deluxe is around 0.6 pounds, and a scout is around 0.3 pounds, so... well, you can see where I'm going with this. I only ever use the PoL with BBTS.

If you're considering ordering from Kapow (with international shipping and everything), I might also recommend HobbyLink Japan. Reasonable prices, and shipping is a little less than from BBTS.

Though they're not so good at combining orders. :rolleyes2 
    So, if you order something from them, then 5 minutes later, you see something else you want and order that too; there's no guarantee they'll ship combined. I've had this happen a couple of times.

4. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    im in the US, so i mainly use bbts for just about everything

5. Outsider4Life

Outsider4Life Where R all the RI fans?

I'm in the US and I mainly order from Robotkingdom.com. They have good prices and good service and if you order/preorder alot of stuff you can save alot on shipping costs. If I'm ordering like one thing i tend to use BBTS or TFSource, but my fav place to order is robotKingdom.

6. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    BBTS preorder don't charge your card until its arrives to them and is ready to be packed for shipment.

P.O.L. is nifty in my limited experience with it and it does save on shipping costs.

as for the time of arrival for preorders they can be hit and miss an example: I preordered wave one of generations and it was marked to arrive in August but came through already. I can only guess the July preorders for it did not sell out so they started fulfilling the august ones early or they got more in this first shipment than anticipated.

7. metrotitan

metrotitan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I typically shop around for prices, and order from whichever one of the main 3 stores (BBTS, TFsource and Robotkingdom) is cheapest. If you want flexibility in canceling your order, BBTS is the only way to go. Robotkingdom sometimes has really nice prices, but their communication is crap. TFsource gets REALLY porky if you try to cancel something.

8. Grimlockprime16

Grimlockprime16 Me Grimlock King!

Every transformer I buy online if not from this site is from TFsource.com. They are very good people to work with have very fast shipping and pack your order well.If there is a problem with something you ordered just drop them an email and they will help you out. I cant recomend them enough.

9. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    toyarena has been great for me. I don't order much but they seem to be comparable in price to BBTS, and get stuff faster. I live in the US.

10. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    I used to be stictly BBTS but now I shop around for the best price and go that route. Sometimes the limited amount in the pocketbook wins out over store loyalty. :D 

However, I've used BBTS, TFS, and RK in the past and have never had an issue with any of them.

11. OldDirtyBot

OldDirtyBot ODB

If its an actual Pre-Order I get most stuff from BBTS. The no charge till it comes in, POL, and even option to cancel orders after you have been charged so you can get store credit (time limit on long you have this option) are really nice.

If I am getting a Masterpiece I get it from TFsource. Their packaging is unbeatable. If its something else that is in stock I usually get it here also as its often a little cheaper than BBTS.

12. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I pretty much go with BBTS only. I love the fact that they don't charge you for your preorders until they actually receive the items. Also, if you want to cancel something you can just go into your preorders on your account and cancel it as you choose. I won't order from other online stores largely due to many of them wanting to charge you for a preorder upfront (either partial or full) and then, if you choose to cancel that preorder they give you a hassle and want to charge 'restocking fees' for something that's not even yet in their warehouse. The ease with dealing with BBTS, to me, is worth sometimes paying a little extra.

Also, their Pile of Loot (PoL) is excellent for saving on shipping. If you have it turned on in your account settings anything you order will go into one order (even if you order at separate times) and your preorders will be added to that order as well. They won't ship until you tell them to ship it and you'll save a lot on shipping too as you won't be paying 'full shipping price' on orders after the order that creates the pile, but whatever the 'added shipping price' would be for adding to the order. Works out nicely if you're a US resident and some of the overseas guys have mentioned that they love it too.

Also, I love BBTS' customer service as they are very quick to respond and have handled the very few problems I've had within 24 hours or less. Very friendly and polite as well.

Also, if you watch they have various sales at different times of the year and that's always a good time to snatch something up that you may have been putting off getting as their sales are usually pretty nice. Though, admittedly, sometimes they'll mark popular items as new to avoid them being in the sale no matter how old they actually are (MOTUC line gets this a lot). Still, it's a great place to shop online.

13. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I live in Italy and robotkingdom is my heaven :D 

14. n10zguy

n10zguy Da Hawt Gay Geek

15. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I don't buy online too much, but I would like to vouch for the one preorder on a TF I've made, which was Alternity Starscream from BBTS. The pricing was fair, it shipped promptly once they got it in stock, and their packaging was superb.

16. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    ^This^ pretty much sums up everything I was going to say. I only do pre-orders with BBTS, their service is top notch and if you wanna cancel an order it really is 'no hassle'.

17. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i checked your Location before i decided to post.
    You are just west of me, so BBTS or TFSource is the best bet.
    I haven't placed pre-orders with TFSource- but i can tell you with normal orders, they are extremely fast when it comes with Shipping to you.

as said before, the PoL feature at BBTS helps make things easier for you and pre-orders. I am currently waiting to ship my PoL that is 99% pre-orders.
    the shipping charge for all that stuff may look high, but really, it comes out to paying sales tax and nothing more.
    and BBTS has an impeccable record when it comes to helping customers with any problems they have. they are top notch in that regard.

BBTS and TFSource are very reliable with pre-order availability. those 2 are the ones i recommend.

18. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    BBTS gets 90% of my money. I used to shop around, but the POL, customer service, sales, cancelation policy are all great.

I will order from Robot Kingdom if I can find enough things that I "need" to make the shipping charges worthwhile. Just got a package from them today, and their packaging is second to none (atleast on what I have gotten), and their shipping is actually pretty damn fast coming from overseas.

I will go to Toy Arena if I can't find what I want at either of the two above, and will only go to TF Source if they have an exclusive that I cannot live without (havent ordered from them in about 8 months). Used to use them more, but they have worked their way down my list over time.

19. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I've used BBTS since I've been collecting toys. I know that they are dependable and they're incredibly helpful.