Best place to get collection shelving?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Biff, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Biff

Biff Member

I'm looking to revamp my collection display cuz I'm tired of it being on a bunch of different bookshelves etc. I'd rather it looked a little more uniform. So anyways my question is does anyone know where to get totally badass display shelves for a decent price? I've thought about ikea but their shelves tend to be wobbly and that's no good...

BTW the shelves that miasboytoy has in his collection thread are pretty much what I'm talking about.

2. optimusprimadana

optimusprimadana Well-Known Member

3. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    You mean the shelves he got from ikea with the glass doors he got from ikea? I know he uses the billy system for most of his stuff :p 

Like many others on the site im using ikea detolfs for my statues busts and luckydraws and using $45 dark brown bookcases from walmart. I plan on finishing my basement soon and having it all behind glass to reduce the dusting

4. Biff

Biff Member

Hmm the legends of the sturdy ikea furniture ARE true. Maybe I will go with that then. I'm definately looking for glass doors...dust is a pain in the ass. I do have a big cube shaped display case with a light and everything but BOY is it a bitch to move so I might sell it. (it takes 2 fairly strong guys to move it) but damn does it look nice in the living room!

5. miasboytoy

miasboytoy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i have the billy bookcases! get the add on doors. they have many choices to choose from style and color wise.

6. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ikea ftw

7. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have both the cheapo bookcases from Walmart as well as the wall mounted track shelving from Home Depot. I made the shelves myself as I needed custom lengths, plus it's more fun to make 'em.

8. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    I priced the glass shelving for my display from Specialty Store Services for about $50 (4 or 5 48"W X 12"D shelves) shipped to Ohio, and got about $10-15 wrapped up in the mounting system.

I've got twice that as far as shelving goes but it easly holds 500+ TFs and is begging for more :D 

9. miasboytoy

miasboytoy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    one warning with the billy bookcases is that they hafta been secured to the wall at the top of the bookcase. the bookcases come with a wall mount part. the doors are heavy and will tip the bookcase forward when opened......

10. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I am going to have to remember that speciality store website, those shelves seem very reasonably priced.