Best place to buy figures for UK fans?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Recall, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Its seems most of the sponsers on here and known places are based in the States or Japan so is their any reccomended sites or such to purchase figures for those in the UK?

i'm sure lots of UK people have bought from somewhere so just after thier suggestions.

Thanks.

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
  3. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Thanks for the quick reply. I will have a good look at these sites, I just generally feel overwhelmed with the choice of sites to buy Transformers from and never know whats good or even ideal for UK shipping.

4. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Any more places or suggestions by anyone?

5. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I'll throw in another recommendation for both Epicheroes and Neonmartian.
    The latter also used to include japanese gummi-candy with the item.

If you are really desperate, there is Forbidden Planet, but they will gouge you on prices.

6. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Cool & There is a Forbidden planet store near me in Manchester but its just getting there.

7. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Found some great stuff at Tesco, seems when you don't try to look for it, it just jumps out and says buy me. Awesome price also.

8. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    They also tend to have current mainline toys in Woolworths and Argos.

9. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

And the Entertainer, if you have one near you, or you can click the link for their online store.

Forbidden Planet, I wouldn't particularly recommend, to be honest; as Dirge says, although they often get in items ahead of UK release (due to being imports), they'll also overcharge on them; for instance, even freely-available Classics Deluxes cost £12 instead of the usual £10.

Definitely worth checking out the likes of Woolies, Argos and Toys R Us, though.

10. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've bought stuff from http://www.toyzandgamez.com and was quite pleased with the service, you could also check out http://www.xybertoys.com for japanese stuff - it's a bit pricey but free shipping.
    Tfzone is a uk fan run shop who I bought the last two MP's from - good customer service.

11. SCIENCE

SCIENCE Banned

Generally cheapest to get it from the US from eBay. Hasbro UK are extortionists. Also, if you're looking for animated stuff, there's a bunch of Bulkheads and Screamers going for less that what they'll cost when released over there. I'd check them out.

12. Strike

Strike Autobot

Try Toys 'R' Us. There are a lot of figures there... I saw Reissue Prowl/Skywarp/Tracks, the whole Robot Heroes line, the Robot Replicas figures (no Jazz, though. He's horribly hard to get here in the UK, I've found), all the Cyber Slammers, all the Fast Action Battlers (again, I've only seen one of Jazz in all the shops I've been to), Bumblebee/Megatron/Barricade from the Movie Deluxe Class, and Ratchet/Blackout/Megatron/Jazz/Bumblebee from the Movie Legends line. They have the Optimash Prime thing there too, along with alarm clocks and gumball machines and things. Definitely your best bet for figures.

Otherwise... I suppose The Entertainer is alright. I caught sight of the whole Movie Legends line in there, and Thundercracker/Rescue Ratchet from the Voyager Class line. I've noticed that the store has kinda cleaned out its Transformers merchandise though; every time I go in there, its stock has decreased. They used to have the Fast Action Battlers in there but they've now gone, along with the Cyber Slammers and what little toys they had from the Transformers Cybertron toyline (I saw Primus and Galvatron in there, but they vanished sharpish).

I must say I prefer the likes of eBay and Amazon UK for the figures though, as they seem to get everything first... from America and Japan and such. I have yet to catch sight of any toys form the Energon/Armada/Cybertron toylines that aren't Galvatron or Primus, though... Red Alert and Optimus keep evading me. I have no idea what stores will be stocking the Animated toys, but I can say this; if you're looking for figures that aren't G1 Reissues (I can't find any more G1 toys other than those) or '07 movie, you're best off looking online.

Hope that helps, and good luck with whoever you're tracking down!

13. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Koji, since you're in Manchester, let me impart some wisdom :D  there's a great shop in Chinatown called New East which stocks a lot of Japanese stuff. Encores, Masterpieces, everything pretty much. Still has a few TFC as well. And the guy's really helpful and can get a lot of things on special order :) 

I've wandered around the Northern Quarter into all the junk shops there and found G1 stuff as well, they're always worth a look.

14. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I've never even thought about looking there, thanks so much. Any clearer directions to it or is it easy to find?

I might go this saturday and treat myself :D 

15. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Really easy. It's on Princess Street - the entrance is just opposite the Yang Sing restaurant. There's a sign outside which looks like a rainbow polo (seriously, it's the best thing I can describe it as, but you'll recognise it when you see it!!!) It's got a small window which usually has some toy packaging in (a few Gundams at the mo I think) - the door looks like it's just leading into a house, go in and turn left immediately. It's in there :)  Really small but packed to the roof with toys :D 

16. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Sounds like heaven :) 

Thanks very much.