Best Online Toy Store

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Boggs6ft7, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

Hi, I'm new to the board.

I was wondering what online toy stores you guys have had the best experience with. BBTS, JRS, etc...

I want to pre-order the MP Starscream, just wanted to know who you thought gave you the best service.

Thanks

Boggs

2. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I won't answer simply because many online stores sponsor here and I don't want to seem one-sided or anything of the sort.

I also suggest that to our moderators and staff members, by the way. ;) 

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I pre-ordered my MP Starscream from www.TFsource.com . The price is reasonable and their service is outstanding.:thumb 

4. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

BBTS is about the best in terms of service, HLJ are very good as well, they are the two I would deal with first, the only others I have dealt with I have had problems with so I wont mention any of them.

5. Severus

Severus Curmudgeon TFW2005 Supporter

I have nothing but good stuff to say about BBTS. They're prompt in shipping, quick and helpful when there's a problem, and have a nice selection. The Pile of Loot feature they have is great.

They also don't tend to jump the gun on figures that might or might not ever be released. I'd also like to note that they fill preorders in the order they were made, so that I got my Alternators Optimus Prime in March.

In fact, when my Prime came in without his engine/gun, they offered me a choice between a $20 credit to keep him or a new one shipped to me when more came in. AND, the person I emailed set a preorder for a new one for me while I decided just so I wouldn't miss out. Awesome.

While some other places might be cheaper, the utter lack of stress I have when ordering from them makes BBTS my number one (and usually only) source for TFs. SO much better than hunting the shelves...

6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    BBTS for because of their service and communication. The latter is extremely important to me because I'm living in Asia and BBTS rally makes an effort to answer all of my queries.

7. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I use whatever place has the better price on what I'm looking for... I typically have no preference as to who I deal with...

I hope that wasn't one-sided or anything... I like all the retailers I've dealt with...

8. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    BBTS has top notch service.

TFSource does as well, and slightly lower prices with shipping. That's my store of choice.

9. butz

butz slippery when wet

I usually buy my stuff from BBTS if I can't find it at retail (or if BBTS has it and I don't want to wait). Take that for what you will.

10. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    BBTS has great selection and prices.

JRS's selection is somewhat limited, but their prices are decent and have superb customer service.

11. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    for TF stuff, I will use just about anything else before Big Bad Toy Store. I cant tolerate them. Their prices are inflated, and their grading system is horribly inaccurate.

I'd say TFsource.com for import Transformers, and Hasbrotoyshop.com for current US TFs.

12. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For the most part, I haven't strayed from BBTS for five years. I spend over $5K a year with them, and never a complaint. I would imagine most would agree they're the best of the best, although prices are occasionally higher than in other places.

I see good things about JRS, TFsource, Supercow, and Tempting Toys. Too many complaints about others for me to even consider sending them my money.

13. Viper_486

Viper_486 Cobraaa!

For import stuff, I myself buy exclusively thru Fantofan.
    Their service is awesome, and shipping is always insanely fast (3 days from Tokyo to my house in northern Michigan).
    Just my two energon cubes worth.

14. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^
    Forgot about fantofan. I have imported a few things through them as well, and service is indeed terrific. The only down side is that the good prices are offset by the high shipping.

15. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Well, if I had to choose based on prices, availability, selection, and service, I'd have to go with BBTS. Nothing but good things to say about them. Haven't ordered from them recently though because of international shipping.

16. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    BBTS and JRS are my favorites.

17. Magnus Convoy

Magnus Convoy Active Member

JRS Toyworld is my first choice when it comes to Transformers. Flat rate shipping is really nice when I have alot of stuff coming in at one time. Customer service is top notch and came though well above what I thought they should have when I had a defective RM Skywarp. They opened another set and sent me a replacement and let me keep the defective to do whatever I wanted with it.

BBTS is good as well though not my fist choice for Transformers anymore.

18. Luffy

Luffy Prof Slacker

News Credits:
    Like others I gotta go with BBTS. GREAT customer service. TFSource and JRS are good too.

19. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    nothing but problems from bbts things taking over a month to recieve and so on..its always like this for me

20. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Thats weird...I have been using them since 2001 and not ONE single problem. The longest I had to wait for something was in sept of 2001 when I waited 2 weeks for the ehobby limited reissues of ThunderCracker and SKywarp. Even when they Screw up they ALWAYS off some kind of compensation...ALWAYS.

They are my #1 Choice. I have also had very good transactions with Digital Toys and Tfsource.

Beyond that...I have used Hasbrotoyshop.com and find their processing time before shipping to take way to long. When I ordered astrotrain from them it took FIVE days from the time I ordered until it shipped...