Best Online retailer?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wazzpinator, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Wazzpinator

Wazzpinator is playin ODST

Which online retailer is superior? Fill it in for me please, I have no experience with these except for eBay. Please review with these 3 things in mind,

Price
    Selection
    Shipping

The one's I'm looking at are

Toywiz

Agesthreeandup

Automaton toys

Bigbadtoystore

Help if you can!

EDIT: I noticed an amusing pattern with these retailers.

Toywiz starts Henkei Hot Rod at 22$ listed as pre order
    Automaton at 24$ listed in stock
    A3U at 22$ listed pre order
    and BBTS at 24$ listed in stock

2. Wajo357

Wajo357 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actually created a detailed spreadsheet that incorporates all of this. Unfortunately it is at work :)  My conclusion is that I like L&FToys...
    Typically they are the cheapest (in most scenarios). They have a nice selection, normal shipping and great customer service. The owner lets me add, subtract and move items in different orders (when preordering).

I actually found an older version of the spreadsheet. See here:
    [EDIT: See new post below]
    Google docs is limiting the spreadsheet even further :) 

Anyway, If you want me to send you the regular one, PM me your email address.

3. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    BBTS

pros:
    pile of Loot where you can decide when you want your items shipped.
    canceling ordered or pre-ordered items is relatively easy

cons:
    items can be on the expensive side

Toywiz

expensive
    can be a tad slow with shipping
    selection is ok

Agesthreeandup

They are located in Canada so it might take awhile to get your items if you live outside of Canada.

But these are from my experiences. I really like the spreadsheet that Wajo357 has.

4. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I'm really partial to TFsource because of the freebies they throw in occasionally.

5. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

bbts is overpriced but toywiz is the most ridiculously overpriced site i've ever seen.

6. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm primarily retail nowadays, but I favor BBTS for some things. Mostly on account of the Pile Of Loot, 'cause holy shit, that's the most convenient feature ever.

HLJ, TFSource, and Fan2Fan share my import business on a case-by-case basis.

7. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Oh, but ToyWiz is the second-worst retailer in my experience, coming in a close second to ToyNK. I would strongly anti-recommend them.

8. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I'm not overly fond of any of them any more. Last purchase I made from a retailer was from Robot Kingdom. Was here within a week, but they definitely lacked in communication and item description.

Other than that, private deals only for me. I figure if I won't get it new, I can get it a month later "barely used" in the Junkion. Usually the prices work better that way (and more often than not, trades are accepted = less money).

And my reasons for not being fond of any of them:
    BBTS- markup, out-of-date stocking system (3 pages of Sold Out to find they have one lame figure in stock? Remove the sold out, k?)... Jacked up shipping on small orders (to support Pile Of Loot, which doesn't work because I'm not made of money. When I buy something, I expect it in a few days at reasonable cost. Not when I decide to ship it -the answer is "now"- at a jacked up rate).

TFSource- never dealt with them... Probably should... But they don't really stock anything I'm interested in.

A3U- had an issue with a deal with them, took way too long to fix. Won't fault him for trying, but I will fault him for the original mistake.

There was one other I wanted to mention... Probably was just more BBTS bashing that I forgot about.

EDIT: I figure I'll add all I have to offer...
    HTS- One of the worst retailers ever. Items constantly arrive SLOWLY in beat-up condition
    TRU- Packs poorly, decent shipping time, Pain in the ass return policy
    Walmart- Last time I dealt with them was 2 years ago, but I didn't have any problems.

EDIT again...
    Toyarena- Pricey shipping, but they haven't failed to take care of me when I shop there.

And one last mention... Captured Prey- never had a chance to order from them, but shipping seems reasonable, as are the item prices.

9. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

BBTS.
    Sometimes more expensive, but stellar customer service, and the pile of loot is great. Also, your credit card is not charged for preorders until just before the item ships. They are my primary online source.

I've also used JRSToyworld, and I have no complaints there either. He's a good guy, who will do right by you.

10. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    I usually go with TFSource, BBTS and occasionally JRS.

Never had a problem with HTS though. Always got my stuff fast and without incident.

11. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

For me, if I want it fast I go to BBTS. I usually get it the next day because I am so close to them. The only other store I have ordered TFs from is HLJ, and they are very good also. Even though they are in Japan, they ship very fast. I was surprised how fast my Encore Megatron came.

12. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My personal favorites are BBTS because of preorders (no billing until it ships & easy to cancel) and the pile of loot feature and Ages Three and Up good prices have some unique items.

13. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

BBTS

Customer service + Pile of Loot = Win

14. Wajo357

Wajo357 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I uploaded my latest version, but all of my funky conditional formatting does not work in google docs.
    If you want to colors on cells with the cheapest price, second cheapest price and items being released this month, PM me.

Otherwise: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pl5I706jmXPdkr5w0ld3qJw

The savings column is the difference between the cheapest and the second cheapest price.

The "monthly available sum" quickly deduces how much money you would be paying if you bought everything that came into stock from that supplier at one time. It is a nice way to see a total price comparison and an availablitity comparison.

15. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Toyarena- Yes the shipping is a bit pricey but they have a good customer service & shipping is very fast. :thumb 

16. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    my 2 cents:

BBTS - was the BOMB when they first started out. Now it seems like they are more corporate. Very unfortunate. I say all that and follow up with they do have the best pre-ordering system though. Still a reliable, good company.

TFSource - pay upfront for pre-orders but everything is great!

I'll add a few other shops that are good:

Digital Toys - prices and selection tend to be between TFSource & BBTS. good packaging and shipping

Captured Prey - same as Digital Toys. My only beef with them is that they use plastic bags for packaging material. My wife being an environmentalist hates that. Other than that a good company too.

17. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Of all the stores mentioned by everyone, I've only used TFSource and Digital Toys.

I use TFSource most, far and away the best packing, and Curt is great to deal with.

I've used Digital Toys a couple of times, and found Mike great to deal with also.

I do find that communication will sway me to towards buying from someone.

For vintage Jap stuff, Hydra at BlackGears.com is fantastic, again great communication, and very reasonable prices.

I also take quite a few 'risks' on ebay, the cheaper I can find something, the more I have for more TF's! Only once has this not paid off, and that must be about three years ago!

18. zero1

zero1 Emperor of Destruction

BBTS!!

19. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Well-Known Member

I always use BBTS, I like their customer and the Pile of Loot is spot on! JRS Toy World is awesome as is Ages Three and Up and TF Source is good too. However Toywiz, DANGER, DANGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Avoid them at all costs, not nice people, they told me one thing, and did something else, not again.

20. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Our shipping is high? :confused: 

hm need to check this out!