best news award

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by DJCHARTERS, Apr 27, 2008.

1. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    personally i think this should have easily went to tfw2o05.com. i use this site frequently and everything i find out here efore anywhere else..... just having my say cause i love this site

2. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have to agree - considering I haven't been able to spot a news report about the final few Botcon panels on Seibertron yet - including the 25th anni hot shot remake!

3. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah I have no idea why we didn't win, but like the song says, 2 out of 3 aint bad.

4. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

This site should have EASILY won.

5. cbff

cbff Destroyer of Botcon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    We'll trade ya the news award for the other two, since Seib's is the better design and resource. How's that sound? Sounds fair (and accurate) to me.

6. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Laughable at best. Should have been a clean sweep for 2005. We'll take 2 years in a row winning 2 of 3.

7. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I can't find anything on Seibertron. I'm just happy he's not using PlayBoy's website layout anymore.

8. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Please.

Don't be ridiculous.

9. Hoolagrin

Hoolagrin Wheelie Rules! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man, how are those sour grapes? I heard they go well with humble pie. You should try it. :p 

Last edited: Apr 29, 2008
  10. lazerrodphill

lazerrodphill Well-Known Member

I just want to say, as a person who was on ebay when transformers were'nt as expensive. That tfw2005 is the best site out there as far as navigation, design, easiness of use and also the ability to buy and trade. My collection started off with a few g1 one combiners parts. (thats all my mom did'nt throw away) To over 100 in only a few months. Thanks octane for putting me on to this place, and also thanks to the guys that moderate and hear are numerous complaints or fix our mistakes. NO kissin up just real reconizing real. Till all are one

11. cbff

cbff Destroyer of Botcon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I don't see the difference between me saying Seibs should have won resource and design vs. you guys saying you should have won news. By what you say, we're all sour grapes who need some humble pie.

Anyone wanna pass the whipped cream? :lol :

12. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I went to Seibertron when I first got back into collecting, until I found this site :D 

Seibertron is cool, but there is no way it can compete with this site other than the number of galleries they have - I will give them that credit, they do have some great galleries. But layout, design, information, news: TFW is by far the best out there.

13. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I deserve an award for BEST POSTER IN THREAD.

You see what I did there?

14. silenth

silenth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    seibertron winning best news award is = to a mercy F.

kinda harsh, i know. but how many times have the news crew at seibertron linked here for their news? huh? huh? granted they give credit to tfw2005 when they do. and c'mon now, home page news- my stuff on ebay. home page news material? really?

if anything, they should make an award for best gallery. then again, remy has a killer gallery too. excellent galleries yes (and they are excellent). but news award, no way. mercy F i tell you, mercy F.

anyway just my 2 cents 3 dimes and a quater. hopefully the hammers of justice would spare me any major modding.

15. alex_kingdom

alex_kingdom Well-Known Member

As former News Admin at Seibertron.com I have say I choked on my Coco Pops when I heard Seibs won the News Award. TFW2005 has always been the better site for news and allways will be, hell Seibs lifts most of its news from here. As for design and resource, Seibs has a lot of info, galleries, screencaps and so forth and a flashy (although not particularly user friendly) design, I could see why they might win those two, News? No way, the news over there is in a worse shape now than when i was 'in charge'.

Yours AK

16. Verolina

Verolina Lurkformer

I've never visited Seibertron.com, so I can't judge whether or not they deserve this award. But I kinda have the feeling this might have to do with frontpaging auctions and reviews of obviously stolen or fake products.
    I mean, we know FunPub and Hasbro are looking into taking steps against these people but we still advertise it (kinda support it even?). If I was Hasbro, I might be holding a little grudge.

I don't know, I'm not trying to accuse anyone or place the blame or anything like that. And maybe I'm just saying stupid things. I'm just thinking out loud.

17. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Slightly off-topic. at least we can still buy & sell stuff over here :) .

18. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    TFW2005 should have won everything. BTW I would still like to know who yelled "You fail at life!" when those Wiki Nerds won the Battle of the Boards awards. :lol  Maybe TFW2005 didn't win Battle of the Boards, but we should have won an award for the best team spirit. I had a lot of fun and laughs.

19. Optimus62

Optimus62 War For Cybertron!!!!!

Are you serious? :crazy: 

When I started looking for news and info on TFs, I came across Seibetron's website. It was hard to find anything there. I noticed that one piece of news that I found was credited to TFW2005.com. So I decided to check the site out and I haven't been to Seibetron.com since.

This site is truly the best site out there.

20. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    If it's any consolation, I was approached with more "WTF?" from people in a more official sense to Transformers regarding Seibertron's news win than regular members.

Oh well. Water under the bridge! We'll try again next year.