best new title/worst new title

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Lumpy, May 2, 2007.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    so, with the slew of new books that have come out in the last few months/those that are coming out, what do you think will be great, or what is great already, and what sucks, or might suck?

for me, the loves on for kirkmans astounding wolfman, also, kirkmans irredeemable antman is amazing...the boys (cant wait for it to come back) and TFM prequal...

and theres no love for mighty avengers (yet) or avengers initiative (also yet) i really hope they get better, but so far im just not that into them....but im also growing tired of marvel too....

but anyway, whats yours?

2. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I know it's not really "new" per say, but I love Justice Society of America. Easily the best team book out there right now. Avengers the Initiative is looking pretty cool, too, although I haven't gotten a chance to read #2 yet.

As for worst, I'm going with Mighty Avengers. I read the second issue when it came out, and I couldn't stand it. An entire comic of the Avengers standing around staring at a naked woman? It was dull and the whole naked Jan Ultron thing is really lame and obviously just something they did to keep Frank Cho happy.

3. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Best New: Brave and the Bold. I've only had a passing interest in DC for years, but I read the first issue out of curiousity, and I am hooked. A different team-up in every issue, but each continuing the same stories. Mark Waid freakin' rocks.

"So why were they going to kill you?"

"Unpaid parking tickets."

"They put you in front of the firing squad for that? Where'd you park?"

"On the govenor."

Worst New: ....Honestly, that's very hard for me to answer as I'm relativly easy to please. I liked the first issue of the Initative all right and I thought Mighty Avengers #2 was badass.

I guess I'd have to say "Amazons Attack" was pretty lame. The first scene had incredible shock value, but by the end, I was left thinking "And what exactly is the point of all this again?"

...Other than to prove that DC is just as bad with Marvel with events, I mean.

4. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

I dunno about "best" (JSA and JLA have had great to good relaunches), but "worst" is Aquaman, Sword of Atlantis. Period.

I was in the shop this week, paging through #51. It's like they've just given up. The art is some of the worst I've ever seen in a book -- the faces are literally circles with white ovals for eyes and mouths. I showed this to a guy at the counter and we just cracked up. Are they hiring grade schoolers for DC B-titles now? Ugh.

-XCN-