Best Music Creator for Mac's?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Tigertrack, May 31, 2010.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

A few years ago when I was using my PC, I used to like to create my own music using Sonic Foundries Acid programs.

What's the best one for Mac? When I got my Imac computer last year, it came with Garage Band, but I didn't like it too much.

I try to create original and unique techno-ish music with a space-like or sci-fi like atmosphere. Any suggestions?
    I'd post a few samples if I knew how to post songs.

2. Tigertrack

Really, nobody here creates their own music?

3. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    Many years ago, I used the same software you used on the PC, Sonic Foundry Acid. That is about all I have experience with.

4. BMGFX

BMGFX Awesome Spooner Veteran

I use FL Studio for PC, but for macs there is Logic Pro, Steinberg Cubase, and Reason.

With Bootcamp I would think that you could use what you did with PC.

5. Metalhead

Metalhead hates things

The college course I'm on pretty much just uses Logic. It's fairly easy to get around with a bit of practice and patience.
    It's good for programming your own stuff with the in built synths as well as recording audio with a decent interface. good for mixing and mastering the final product too.

6. Tigertrack

Thank's guys. I am looking for Mac specific as I don't want to use those cross-bridging software to use PC software. I've been playing with a great DJ software for mixing songs you currently have, and I saw at the local Apple Store a pretty cool DJ turntable device for the computer, but I'm looking to create my own music, as well as mixing current music.
    Any software that allows you to rip pieces off other songs?

7. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    If by "rip pieces off other songs" you mean sampling, there are GOD knows how many programs that do it. If you mean taking individual elements from a song's mix, that's an entirely different thing.
    Personally, I use Reason and Cubase to make my music. I use them on a PC, but as has been said above they are both available for the Mac as well.