best movies of 2007

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eyeballkid, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

Hey, I liked 'Shooter'. I'm not so elitist that I think everything at the multiplex has to have great artistic value. I'm just the type to differentiate between movies and films.

I just get frustrated when someone refuses to recognize the artistic value of something, even when it's been pointed out. I do not like a lot of rap/hip-hop music, however I can appreciate the artistic value of some of it, even though that value has been dwindling rapidly the last couple of years.

I mean, seriously, on one of my dvd racks, Re-Animator and TCM2 are on the same shelf as Wild Strawberries and Seven Samurai.

But Uwe Boll sucks any way you look at it.

2. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Hey, that's fair enough. And I always try to recognize the artistic value of films that I fall asleep during.
    And this is as eternal a truth as will ever be spoken about movies.

3. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Transformers was probably my favorite. I dont know it's really the only movie I can remember :lol  Other notables would be Zodiac, 300, and American Gangster.

Now worst movies I could say Spider Man 3 without hesitation.

4. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I wish the world really was just some fucked up "Matrix" program just so we could delete Uwe Boll's file and all the shitty film he's brought upon us

5. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    Superbad
    Transformers
    Simpsons Movie
    POTC 3
    Smoking Aces
    Reign Over Me
    Chuck and Larry (come on anytime u can see Jessica biel wet and half naked = win)
    Live Free Die Hard
    Next (come on had Jessica Biel in it)

6. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ima go on a limb here an declare pans labiarinth (lol dkitty) as overrated. i think it was good but the media overhyped, plus the endings kinda flawed. i can deal with a downer of an ending but they made explicit what couldve been suggested - the whole border between reality/fantasy dealie.

brb with my fave.

7. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

I actually agree.

8. Ktulu

News Credits:
    I really thought KA referred to it as "penis labyrinth", which somehow makes sense

I liked that one but it's the sort of movie I don't really care to watch again. It was well done and all, but it didn't captivate me

9. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lol 

im going with ratatooeyhoweveryouspelldat.

in this post-post-(post?)-modern times, theyre the only house thats balls enough to attempt messages in their stuff, have a broad appeal and balance that with decent market sustainability. they just happen to produce cartoons (actually i suspect theyve maintained that credo is because they do cartoons).

i think its easier for them to crash and burn hanging their balls out like that but they somehow get away with it. yes, i sound like a pixar whore.

10. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

Yeah, I enjoyed Sweeney Todd. It was a good movie. Then again, I'm a loser who enjoys musicals.

Transformers was entertaining in that explosions and action kind of way, and I actually can watch it over and over again. Same can be said about The Simpsons Movie. I had REALLY low expectations since the recent seasons have been iffy, but I was really surprised. I loved it.

Spider-Man 3 was bad. There were too many villians, and Venom was in it for 5 minutes. I want the Lizard!

11. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

My favorites out of the ones I've seen are:

No Country for Old Men(Javier Bardejm is a total badass in this)
    Superbad
    Bourne Ultimatum
    Grindhouse(Planet Terror being a bit better IMO)

Movies that I liked but I'm not sure if I'd buy or not

Live Free or Die Hard

Smokin' Aces

Movies I haven't seen but want to:

Simpsons Movie
    There Will Be Blood
    The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
    3:10 to Yuma

12. Ktulu

News Credits:
    Ok yeah so No Country for Old Men DID kick ass

I'm trying to think of a top 10 list, but I can only get to 7 or so. Meh

13. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I gotta see this "Old Country" bit now.

I read McCarthy's "The Road" and thought it was dreck, so I'd passed on this. But y'all have me curious now.

14. Ktulu

News Credits:
    Wellllll it's crazy well received, and is a wonderfully directed/acted movie, but you may still hate it! Just don't blame me man :p 

15. grimlockams prime

grimlockams prime Check you feet

1.Sipder-man 3
    2.The Invencble Ironman
    3.Transformers

16. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    the movies i enjoyed most this year would be Transformers, Superbad, I Am Legend, American Gangster, Bourne Ultimatum, and Sunshine (which i watched last night and it blew me away). I still need to see 3:10 to Yuma and No Country though :( 

i also thoroughly enjoyed Across the Universe, Death Proof, Knocked Up, 300, and some other ones i cant remember.

biggest disappointments this year though:
    Pirates 3
    Spiderman 3
    Silver Surfer (Chris Evans was the ONLY character who showed any characteristics of real people, he was also fantastic in Sunshine)

17. karamazov80

karamazov80 Million Dollar Champion

I think "No Country" is about as good a film as the Coen Brothers have made, up there with Fargo and Miller's Crossing. It is so great to see them back to form after their "meh" period of the last few years (with the exception of the Man Who Wasn't There, in my opinion). I also think Eastern Promises is an amazing follow up to Cronenberg's A History of Violence, which was my favorite movie of a couple of years ago. I hope Viggo Mortenson works with Cronenberg at least a couple more times. I had high expectations for those movies and for 28 Weeks Later (I call these three movies the "brutal trilogy" of this year), and each one surpassed what I expected.

It was also great to see two great films by Apatow, Rogan and company, a great, semi-conventional western remake in 3:10 to Yuma (didn't get the Jesse James movie here :(  ), another great Ridley Scott movie, another fun Bourne movie, and another great Pixar/Brad Bird film. Just a great year for movies overall, and I didn't even get to see There Will Be Blood, Juno, or those Romanian movies yet.

I thought Spiderman and Transformers both sucked hard, though. Hard. Sam Raimi needs to start over, and that series needs to end. . .and Bumblebee pissing on John Turturro. . . :banghead: 

(I am a huge Fantastic Four fan, but after seeing the first "movie," I refuse to see the sequel. I'm voicing my displeasure to Marvel for underestimating the fans with my pocketbook.)