best megatron?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by tactikill decoy, May 12, 2012.

1. tactikill decoy

tactikill decoy Well-Known Member

i have the mp-10 optimus prime and want a megatron to go with him. other then mp-5 megatron is there other generation 1 looking megatrons? also does anyone have a size comparision of the two by chance? thanks

2. AnAutobot1985

AnAutobot1985 Well-Known Member

To scale with the MP10?

I don't know of many options. Luckily he is a smaller MP.

I recommend MP Megatron (the obvious)

Or perhaps....

Takara United Megatron (awesome figure!)

3rd party Hegemon (just a bit shorter than the MP10).

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hegemon.

4. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    This. He's about your only option for an MP-10.

5. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    mp-13+ megatron

6. 2punish&enslave

2punish&enslave Starscream's Brigade

Ebay:
    This is the biggest problem with the new Prime. He needs a Megatron in the same scale. That Hegemon figure...eh. I hate the bulky legs. The upper part looks decent.

7. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll be surprised if Takara doesn't get to it.

I'm sure it will look better than Hegemon. Unless your comfortable paying for Hegemon as a placeholder, I would suggest patience.

8. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I'd be surprised if they do because if they were going to get it to, shouldn't we have one by now? Having a weapon as an alt mode might prevent another MP Megatron from ever being made again.

9. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Well-Known Member

MP-10 was released less than a year ago, so I'm not at all surprised that nothing official has been revealed yet about a new MP Megatron. The previous releases has MP-1 Prime (MP-2, MP-3, MP-4) MP-5 Megatron with several years in between.

If there's going to be a new MP Megatron I think we'll have to wait a few years. 2013 or later.

I don't think there's a good G1 version of Megatron to go with MP-10. Hegamon is simply too small, while MP-5 is too big. We'll simply have to wait until Takara releases a new MP Megatron.

In the meantime...there is going to be an empty spot on the shelf. The only toy of G1 Megatron that seems to be the right size for MP-10, is the G2 Megatron figure. But admittedly, that doesn't look a lot like G1 Megatron

10. tactikill decoy

tactikill decoy Well-Known Member

thanks for the feedback, i may just have to go to my MOTU collection for a while. i have mp10 prime(of course) tru grimlock,walmart starscreamand sky warp,anniversary perceptor and insecticons, also rodimus prime deluxe and generations bumblebee. just need megatron!!

11. jerminator

jerminator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Patience Daniel-san. Megatron will be made soon enough. Too many of these threads are popping up. Are we as a fandom really this impatient now? Takara hasn't made any big ticket Optimus without making a Megatron to pair up with yet, and I'd bet my whole collection they aren't bucking that trend yet. Besides, peruse the Hegemon thread's first bit of pages and you'll see where people were saying they'd seen some of the plans or something of the ilk for a new version mp Megatron. Just wait. To quote Andy Griffith, put yer bullet back in yer pocket now Barney.